PDA

View Full Version : You See Me....Because i DON'T////

Adrian Pak Mei
06-25-2000, 09:06 PM
Whatis JeetKun Do all about??? Is all the man BruceLee???

boardin_usa
06-26-2000, 10:16 AM
Study any two of Bruce's books, and you will have a good idea. It's like putting a large puzzle together, all you need is the pieces. I worry that you will get trapped in what you will believe is JKD when it doesn't match hardly any of Bruce's teachings. It's a daily decrease not an increase. When your looking into a JKD instructor, and you go to your first class, there are several things that you will and will not see if it's the real thing. Some people taught what Bruce wanted them to teach when he was alive, but after his death, they taught what they wanted to teach, and most of it had nothing to do with Bruce's original art. Bruce did say to cut away the useless, and improve the art. Changing the stance altogether is a serious change that I personally think was stupid. Here are a few things that you WILL NOT see in a real JKD class.
NO BOWING, maybe a salute or something.
NO BAREFEET, it's a practical art.
NO BELTS, you know it or you don't.
Things you will see......
CHI SAO - Wing Chun Sensitivity training.
MOOK JONG - Wing Chun Dummy training.
POWER SIDE FORWARD STANCE
TRAPPING - Don't let them tell you it doesn't work. (Bruce's five ways of attack specifically lists HAND Immobilization attack and he's not talking about handcuffs!!)
If anyone tells you that you don't need to know WING CHUN, then the only time they spent with Bruce was during his last school. To learn Bruce's art, you have to start at the bottom(Wing Chun) not at the top(JKD) Chi Sao is mentioned in almost all of Bruce's books, but most people ignore it, because they don't know how to teach it and it affects their billfold, so they prefer to just say that you don't need it. That's bull!! Good luck!!! I wish you the best. To narrow your search, try looking under Bruce's real name JUN FAN.