PDA

View Full Version : 2 Big Pieces of MMA news

Ultimatewingchun
10-23-2007, 02:59 PM
1) Fedor Emelianenko, arguably the best mma fighter that has come along to date, has signed with a brand new mma promotion called M-1 Global. He fights as a heavyweight.

Awesome news. And he's talking about fighting Randy Couture within this new M-1 venue. (Dana White of UFC totally screwed it up with his d i c k t a t o r i a l ways and has now lost the chance to profit from either fighter).

My guess is that we should also look for Josh Barnett to be signed by M-1 also. He and Fedor have never fought - and many people believe that Barnett would have a better chance of beating Fedor than anyone Fedor has ever fought. (So do I).

Although never count Randy Couture out.

2) Josh Barnett has just put out a new video entitled: HOW TO ATTACK THE GUARD. (Josh is a mma guy who uses catch wrestling as his grappling style).

I kid you not, Dale Frank and Nick Ferror. There are a numbver of threads on the UG (mma.tv) that deal with the nos. 1 & 2 that I've listed on this thread.

Ultimatewingchun
10-24-2007, 11:51 PM
Check this out. Josh Barnett's "attack the guard" :

http://www.youtube.com/swf/cps.swf?video_id=7uY37Raf5pM&eurl=&iurl=http%3A//img.youtube.com/vi/7uY37Raf5pM/default.jpg&t=OEgsToPDskKr8ZzjMwchuAHXfQyv1PRs&rel=1&border=0

It's really a teaser as it only shows some finishes - but not the setups to take it from caught in guard to attack the guard.

Got to buy the vid for the whole 9 yards.

But here's some more insight as to what he covered on this vid about attacking the guard:

"In this two-hour plus seminar, Josh shares some methods to counter one of the most popular strategies in modern grappling and Mixed Martial Arts - the 'Guard', including instruction on: - Proper Posture - 'Snapping' the Rubber Guard - Bracing - Tripoding to Create Pressure - Striking from the Guard - Leg Locks: Standing Achilles and Half Crab - Toe Holds - and more."

AmanuJRY
10-26-2007, 04:41 PM
Vic,

I like Josh as well, but this is old news on the MMA forum, as well, Couture still has a contract with the UFC and White is waiting to talk to him face to face when he gets back from Africa, before and official statement is made.