PDA

View Full Version : Fours Sings (Sei Sing)

hskwarrior
10-23-2007, 10:08 PM
洪勝/鴻勝---/Hung Mun Victory/Glorious Victory
This is the branch Founded by Jeong Hung Sing
(http://www.hskfounder.zoomshare.com)
洪聖---Hung Xiong or Great Sage Hung
This is the branch founded by Chan Heung

雄勝--Strong Victory
This is the branch founded by Chan Koon Pak

北勝---Northen Victory
This is the branch founded by Tam Sam

this is just a reference for anyone interested

however most of us already know this.[/SIZE][/SIZE]

mokkori
10-24-2007, 03:50 AM
Wonder what those guys were thinking in the past. :confused:

Its like George Foreman naming his 8 sons George!

hskwarrior
10-24-2007, 07:28 AM
i guess they were proud to be hung!!!!!!

so they sang about it!

Jeong
10-24-2007, 12:35 PM
i guess they were proud to be hung!!!!!!

so they sang about it!

Wow...::blinks::

Which sing is Chan Fam?

CLFNole
10-24-2007, 01:01 PM
Chan Family would be considered the 2nd one in Frank's list - Great Sage. This is the one used for the family line.

The hung sing from Chan Koon Pak (Strong Victory) is generally used for non-direct family lines from the Chan Family.

They are basically the same line with one more or less direct family line and the other a non-family line.

Jeong
10-24-2007, 01:03 PM
thanks CLFNole

CLFNole
10-24-2007, 01:10 PM
No problem it can be a bit confusing, that is why when people ask me ..."I do CLF" is the answer. I kind of leave all the branch politics out of it unless students ask me. Over here most people are not that interested in such things as kung fu can be exercise to some or a social experiment to others. There are always some students that take the style seriously and want to know history, etc... but unfortunately there are fewer and fewer of those types of students.

Jeong
10-24-2007, 01:20 PM
Haha, yeah. Over here in central Illinois my response is usually just "I do Kung Fu". I give them props if they even realize that means it's from China.

I think it's cool that much of CLF history is recent enough not to have faded into myth yet, that's why I try to look into it whenever I can, but only enough to keep me entertained, not enough to distract me from training :)

CLFNole
10-24-2007, 01:26 PM
Yeah the history and politics that go along with it provide a nice break for me at work and when I want to get away from the wife at home :D, but nothing makes me more happy is to train for a few hours by myself with nobody to ask me questions. I also really enjoy training and practicing with my sifu as that is something a lot people don't get the chance to do.

Eddie
10-25-2007, 12:43 AM
so what happend to ' Sam sing yat ga" ?

Our LKH logo clearly says 鴻勝. While I accept mokkori's explanation could (or could not) be true, why would it matter to any of us?

hskwarrior
10-25-2007, 06:17 AM
Sam Sing Yat Ga is just a dream.......it would be a really great thing for Choy Lee Fut, and it will always be in my heart. but to be completely real, no one wants a united choy lee fut. if they did, it would have happened.

sad. very sad.:(