PDA

View Full Version : Another CLF clip

Mano Mano
10-24-2007, 09:24 AM
Another CLF clip from youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CywiYdRAGGs

CLFNole
10-24-2007, 10:43 AM
Pretty cool but what's with the 1 finger hung gar thing?

yutyeesam
10-24-2007, 10:54 AM
Pretty cool but what's with the 1 finger hung gar thing?

Doesn't the LKH Fut Jeong form have that? That's what it looked like from Joe's video...

CLFNole
10-24-2007, 11:20 AM
No there is a lao yip jeurng (willow leaf palm). No 1 finger stuff in our forms.

yutyeesam
10-24-2007, 11:41 AM
I see. The fewest fingers would probably be the 2 used in 'Lok Kiu' in Siu Mui Fah! :p

(Is that what it's called for that 2 fingered jab?)

CLFNole
10-24-2007, 11:50 AM
Actually the 2 finger jab isn't the lok kiu but rather more of a biu gee (shooting finger) the lok kiu itself refers to the twisting of the lead forearm. It twist blocks an opponents hand and follows with a biu gee.

Many people will say lok kiu at that moment thinking its the finger but it is more subtle and actually referring to the arm.

Satori Science
10-25-2007, 06:47 PM

F-ING SWEET!

As for the 1 finger ****e, I've always liked that move, I've seen different people from the Chan Tia San lines use it in their CLF forms

Lama Pai Sifu
10-25-2007, 06:53 PM
F-ING SWEET!

As for the 1 finger ****e, I've always liked that move, I've seen different people from the Chan Tia San lines use it in their CLF forms

In Chan Tai-San sets, specifically Siu Sahp Jih (which is the form I assume you saw), the technique is done with two-fingers predominantly extended.

CTS never did the one finger Kiu Sao which Hung Ga had popularized. It didn't appear in his village hung stuff either. (which makes perfect sense, since it is not WFH Hung Kuyhn. The technique appears at the begining of the last 1/3 of the form. We refer to it as Haught Kiu or Scraping Bridge, but it is used by just about all CLF and it usually refered to as Lok Kiu (and I agree with CLFNOLE, it's not the fingers, but the action of the bridge).

:)

Personally, I like the HG Kiu Sao, I think it's cool. I love it in the movies and play around with it all the time....it's just not a CLF thing.

Eddie
10-26-2007, 04:08 AM
I like the video. The music is pretty cool too.

Thanks.
btw - who is this? is it you mano mano?

CLFNole
10-26-2007, 07:58 AM
I believe that is Sifu Thoma Fuhr of San Diego, CA. He is one of Chan Yong Fa's students.

Mano Mano
10-26-2007, 08:19 AM
Not me I'm afaid its as CLFNole said.
He is good though.
Already made a mental note, got to get myself on youtube.

Eddie
10-26-2007, 09:02 AM
actually the more i look at that clip, the more I like it.

anyone has a link for his school?

I see what you mean by LKH CLF being close to Chan Family CLF then

bigdoing
10-26-2007, 12:00 PM
www.clfsd.com is the link for his school.
His kung fu is top notch, and his students are good as well.

Bryan

Satori Science
10-27-2007, 11:20 AM
In Chan Tai-San sets, specifically Siu Sahp Jih (which is the form I assume you saw), the technique is done with two-fingers predominantly extended.
Personally, I like the HG Kiu Sao, I think it's cool. I love it in the movies and play around with it all the time....it's just not a CLF thing.

It was Siu Sahp Jih that I saw performed, I have a vid of it from the Wong Fei Hung but not sure who the perofrmer is/ what school he is from? He was a cool guy though & we hung out a fair bit that day.

And as for the one figer stuff, I agree I just think it looks/feels cool so I play around with it lots when I do my excersises in the morning.

Shaolindynasty
10-28-2007, 02:57 PM
No 1 finger stuff in our forms

We have it in a few of ours. I'll be uploading a video soon from a demo we did that has it demonstraited in 2 forms. it definatly doesn't appear as often as it does in hung kuen

Gru Bianca
11-02-2007, 09:08 AM
One of the really few videos that really impressed me. The guy is really great and hope somebody will convey to him my umble regards.

Great coordination of movements, great chaining of techniques, great speed without lost of power and keeping it compact.

Just my opinion.

diego
11-02-2007, 12:15 PM

clf is def well represented on the youtube!!...thanks for the link man

diego
11-02-2007, 12:17 PM
One of the really few videos that really impressed me. The guy is really great and hope somebody will convey to him my umble regards.

Great coordination of movements, great chaining of techniques, great speed without lost of power and keeping it compact.

Just my opinion.

was thinking similar...he almost there...his shoulders look better than his hips tho...once his legs are equal to handplay then it's time to brag:)

better than me, i'm just saying.