PDA

View Full Version : tips and ideas for class flyers

Shaolin101
10-26-2007, 03:32 AM
Hi all,

In a bit of a rut with class numbers and want to do an advertising campaign - part involving flyers.

Just after ideas for design really. Done an adult one that has 5 animals in a portrait, logo, more adult looking all over really. Need something for children though to catch their attention.

Was thinking of bright colours and maybe the pokemon style japanese animation for a couple of pictures.

Any thoughts/ideas?

Thanks

bodhitree
10-26-2007, 04:04 AM
mention one free class.... it will get them in the door!

Ben Gash
10-26-2007, 04:33 AM
To be honest, I've only ever had one student from flyers, I think there's better ways to promote yourself. Most of my new students find me on the internet.

bodhitree
10-26-2007, 04:35 AM
and attend local events and meet people in the martial arts community. you and your location may be more convenient than what someone is already doing.

TenTigers
10-26-2007, 07:10 AM
don't gear it towards kids, they don't sign up for classes. Gear it towards their parents. Place the emphasis on children, but make it things like,children not getting bullied, or children's grades improving, or children spending time in a positive atmosphere, rather than out in the streets or playing video games, or children's self-confidense,fitneess etc.
Right now, the kids started school, they are getting first semester report cards, and grades are a concern. They are also in a new enviornment, making friends-or having trouble with bullies, so this is a concern. Kids today come home from school, and sit in front of the pc, or tv. So this all ties in with school. Perhaps some angle about getting straight A's in school, fitness, and confidense, and there fore LIFE. "Give your child straight A's in LIFE!" or something corny and catchy like that. Show the kid in a uniform holding up a report card with big red A's and a happy face, like, "Look Mom, I got all A's!"

MasterKiller
10-26-2007, 09:03 AM
YOUR KID SUCKS

We can help.

TenTigers
10-26-2007, 12:02 PM
I like it.

onehawaiian
10-27-2007, 06:56 PM
don't gear it towards kids, they don't sign up for classes. Gear it towards their parents. Place the emphasis on children, but make it things like,children not getting bullied, or children's grades improving, or children spending time in a positive atmosphere, rather than out in the streets or playing video games, or children's self-confidense,fitneess etc.
true.

rarely do kids take initiative to sign up on their own.
those that do are usually getting the crap beat out of them on a regular basis.

target the parents.

Takuan
10-29-2007, 10:42 AM
YOUR KID SUCKS

We can help.

<British Accent> BRILLIANT! </British Accent>