PDA

View Full Version : I'm back! Well, almost.

KPM
10-29-2007, 12:57 AM
Hi Guys!

Its been what...over a year and a half? I took a sabbatical from Wing Chun. I was kind of fed up with things on multiple levels. So I took a break. I haven't been on-line or even practiced Wing Chun for over a year and a half. Of course, for a year of that I've been in Iraq with the 1st Cav out of Ft. Hood. You wouldn't think it, but its actually been hard to pin down training partners here. Everyone has such erratic schedules. So during this time I've been doing some cross-training in FMA. But about a month ago I started to miss Wing Chun and began practicing again. I guess I'll always be a Wing Chun guy at heart regardless of what happens. :)

I'm due to get home from Iraq just after Thanksgiving. I've moved from Maryland to Texas and plan to start up a small Wing Chun group in El Paso. I have a little different perspective than before. Seems like every time I take a break from Wing Chun I come back to it with new insights. But that's a good thing!

I've been lurking here for about a week now. Not much has changed. :D

Victor....glad to see you are still posting some good Wing Chun discussions!

Phil...I was sorry to read about your son getting hurt, but thankful to hear that he is doing well. Did I understand you to say that William Cheung has moved to New Jersey? When did that happen? That's big news! :)

Terrence...I'm actually glad to see that you are still around and yanking people's chains now and then. ;) If we all thought alike then discussions wouldn't be any fun!

I'll be talking to you guys!

Keith P. Myers

White Crane
10-29-2007, 12:10 PM
Errr....who are you?

woodendumby
10-29-2007, 12:16 PM
Well, whoever you are....be carefull over there protecting our future oil supplies...:cool:

Ultimatewingchun
10-29-2007, 02:48 PM
Who's Keith?

Why he's KPM ! :D

We all remember him. Welcome back. Anybody who's been to Iraq has my respect. Bad war, imo. But GREAT soldiers. And glad to hear that you've got a whole new outlook about wing chun. It's all in the training of it. Wing Chun works. But hours-and-hours of forms, chi sao, and drills don't. ;)

donbdc
10-29-2007, 06:54 PM
Just got back from a few days w/ Sifu Randy. Glad all is well. When you get a chance I'd like to chat about some patient care isssues. Stay safe.
Don

KPM
11-01-2007, 01:14 AM
Thanks guys!

Victor: You'll be happy to know that my perspective is much more "TWC oriented" than before. :)

Don: Drop me an eMail any time.

Dumby: I don't know anything about oil. I've been taking care of the injured. Both American and Iraqi.

Keith