PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Randleman's Staph Infection

MasterKiller
10-30-2007, 01:14 PM
WARNING--This is graphic.

http://www.mmanews.com/images/randleman_staphinfection.jpg

1bad65
10-30-2007, 01:23 PM
Has it been confirmed that those are real?

lkfmdc
10-30-2007, 01:26 PM
Has it been confirmed that those are real?

you know, I said that to this chick in a bar not that long ago ;)

rogue
10-30-2007, 01:33 PM
You don't catch that from doing kata.

Lucas
10-30-2007, 01:34 PM
pic looks doctored....has LKFMDC been anywhre near that thing?

1bad65
10-30-2007, 01:37 PM
They well could be staph pics, but are they his? Is it really staph in those pics? I'm just curious, and a natural skeptic. ;)

lkfmdc
10-30-2007, 01:49 PM
They well could be real, but are they? I'm just curious, and a natural skeptic. ;)

that's also what I said to that chick in the bar ;)

MSphinx
10-30-2007, 03:10 PM
Jesus Christ. You can stick a baby's fist in there.

lkfmdc
10-30-2007, 03:39 PM

strangely, I also said this to a chick at a bar recently :eek:

GeneChing
10-30-2007, 04:02 PM
I almost deleted it (been doing a lot of that lately :rolleyes:) but then I decided to move it down to the MMA forum where gross things can reside. :p

cjurakpt
10-30-2007, 04:07 PM
that looks more like a stage 4 (5? I forget the rating scale) decubitus ulcer - it's just hard to tell exactly what part of the body they are showing, so I can't be sure (you typically only get them llike that on desensate weight bearing areas, like sacrum if you are a para/quad in a wheelchair or heels if you are bedridden

monji112000
10-30-2007, 05:35 PM

:rolleyes:
:D

Ben Gash
10-30-2007, 05:54 PM
It's an armpit, and it looks nothing like a decubitis ulcer, and I can't see any evidence of staph infection. In an armpit the likely culprit would be staphlococcus aureus, which creates a distinctive golden yellow ***** discharge. There's no real evidence of any infection there whatsoever, and no evidence of would healing. To me it looks traumatic, especially the smaller wound, kinda like a stabbing or impalement. I suppose it could be the aftermath of a surgical debridement for staph infection, but it doesn't look angry enough.

Oso
10-30-2007, 08:10 PM

strangely, I also said this to a chick at a bar recently

hmmm, that generally a qualifying question otherwise I'm wasting my time

Mr Punch
10-30-2007, 09:10 PM
golden yellow ***** discharge. D@mn, that's sexy.

MSphinx
10-31-2007, 03:20 AM

Hehehehe.

If I didn't hate the eye rolling smiley so much I would put it here...

MasterKiller
10-31-2007, 06:37 AM
It's an armpit, and it looks nothing like a decubitis ulcer, and I can't see any evidence of staph infection. In an armpit the likely culprit would be staphlococcus aureus, which creates a distinctive golden yellow ***** discharge. There's no real evidence of any infection there whatsoever, and no evidence of would healing. To me it looks traumatic, especially the smaller wound, kinda like a stabbing or impalement. I suppose it could be the aftermath of a surgical debridement for staph infection, but it doesn't look angry enough.

From my understanding, they cut out all the damaged tissue to prevent the spread, so you won't see any signs of damaged tissue.

Also, this pic was supposedly taken on a cellphone which is why the quality sux.

It may or may not be real, I dunno yet.

WinterPalm
10-31-2007, 11:20 AM
Could that be a result of the hidden internal side of BJJ?

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-01-2007, 11:30 PM
From my understanding, they cut out all the damaged tissue to prevent the spread, so you won't see any signs of damaged tissue.

Also, this pic was supposedly taken on a cellphone which is why the quality sux.

It may or may not be real, I dunno yet.

i was going to agree it looked like a possible knife wound if real at all. perhaps this is true though. if i have time ill dig around ogrish .. fair amount of mma fans there.

MSphinx
11-10-2007, 11:50 AM
More horrific pictures here:

http://www.punchdrunkgamer.com/interviews.INT.KR3.html

Shaolin Wookie
11-11-2007, 01:29 PM
http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/images/blpic-arnoldthenandnow.htm

It will only get worse......as you can see from this before/after picture....

Warning: this is totally graphic, and like, sick, for sure....