PDA

View Full Version : ok we just had a big earthquake just now

hskwarrior
10-30-2007, 08:09 PM
wow, its been a long time but just as i got home we had a big earthquake. don't know what magnitude yet, but my apartment manager was screaming as if was the last day on earth.

hskwarrior
10-30-2007, 08:14 PM
ok it was kinda big.......5.6

the one that messed up the bay area in 88 was 7.0

hskwarrior
10-30-2007, 08:16 PM
lance erase that befor u get into trouble:eek:

funny funny tho:D

dai mui fa
10-30-2007, 08:38 PM
ok it was kinda big.......5.6

the one that messed up the bay area in 88 was 7.0

At least no one gets hurt and your internet is still working :)
In terms of energy levels, a magnitude of 7.0 is 25 times stronger than a magnitude of 5.6 earthquake.

hskwarrior
10-30-2007, 08:41 PM
yeah, im used to them, but the funny thing was hearing my manager screaming bloody murder as if theworld is coming to an end.

really, i thought her husband was beating her down cause she screamed, but then i heard her say earthquake, earthquake, earthquake, earthquake!!!!!

5.6 is on the stronger side, we usually get 3-5 point earthquakes.

banditshaw
10-30-2007, 09:37 PM
Yeah the last big one in LA was the northridge quake in 94. Night of my birthday or following morning rather. It was the longest and most violent one I had ever felt.
I remember looking to seek cover and hearing power transformers expolding.
All you can do is ride it out.

GeneChing
10-31-2007, 09:58 AM
It was centered in San Jose, two cities away from us here in Fremont. A good ride - a big rolling one - the ground became like waves of water for a while - and no serious harm done that I've heard about yet. It was the first one my kid ever felt - my kid wanted to do it again.

sanjuro_ronin
10-31-2007, 10:00 AM
wow, its been a long time but just as i got home we had a big earthquake. don't know what magnitude yet, but my apartment manager was screaming as if was the last day on earth.

Yeah, sorry about that, too much Mexican food today.

lkfmdc
10-31-2007, 10:22 AM
as long as everyone is ok?

this is why I live on the nasty, dirty, east coast ;)

GeneChing
10-31-2007, 04:24 PM
I haven't heard of any deaths or even any significant damage anywhere yet. A few friends had some stuff knocked off shelves and broken.

We just had an aftershock a few minutes ago. Felt like someone kicked the building.

Vilmore
10-31-2007, 04:30 PM
our earthquakes have a magnitude of ... like 1, and we have one every.. 15 years or so :)

hskwarrior
10-31-2007, 04:49 PM
shoot, i didn't even know we were having one until i heard my manager screaming at the top of her lungs.....she's an east coaster, not used to earthquakes yet.

Jim Anestasi
11-07-2007, 01:09 PM
EveryOne calm down,that was just me practicing my Hung Ga Stomp!!
Yes I used to live in So.Ca. & small trembling often happened.
There were some big as I remember,with lot of damage.
Sifu Jim:D;)

David Jamieson
11-07-2007, 04:33 PM
as long as everyone is ok?

this is why I live on the nasty, dirty, east coast ;)

when that "one" does hit though, all of you nyc-errs are fizzucked for shizzle. :p

Laukarbo
11-26-2007, 10:17 PM
now me as a european never experienced an earthquake..well until just like 20 minutes ago. Me and my wife sat on the table having lunch all of the sudden I had a feeling like the whole house is shaking..not fast but slow..very weird feeling...
Our house is only 3 floors standing next to a river and across the river we have a 20 plus floors skyscraper...so my first thought was Oh shyte if this house collapses we are gone..or better yet the whole chinatown of manila...anyway nothing happened..but yeah that was my earthquake virginity gone..:D