PDA

View Full Version : Doc Fai Wong

Drake
10-31-2007, 01:59 AM
I don't know how many of you all have ever spoken to him, but he is a tremendously kind and helpful guy. I'm doing the distance learning thing with him, and he has always been willing to help me out and really made me feel like I was part of his school.

Lama Pai Sifu
10-31-2007, 04:20 AM
I've always found him to be an extremely nice guy.

Drake
10-31-2007, 05:07 AM
I've always found him to be an extremely nice guy.

Ok... before say this, I want to put out that I am NOT trying to start an argument here.

A few years back I was looking at GM Doc Fai Wong and Master Tat Mau Wong for distance learning courses. I was, and still am, in the Army, so I'm frequently relocating, usually hundreds/thousands of miles from any good CLF instructors. I already had a MA background so I knew the pitfalls when training. I ordered Tat Mau Wong's videos, since he had such a lengthy and successful full contact record. The tapes were good, and his instructors were all very talented. However, the only tests were written, nobody really cared what I sent in, and even if the tests were all that accurate, and I was having problems with their office guy in SF.

Now, when I ordered GM Doc Fai Wong's training tapes, he personally requested that I videotape myself doing various strikes, kicks, and forms, and immediately gave me feedback on what I was doing incorrectly. He has frequently invited me to seminars and trips to China, which I unfortunately could not attend. We still correspond from time to time, usually for training updates or a friendly hello.

Again, I'm not trying to start an argument, but merely illustrating the two very different experiences I had.