PDA

View Full Version : Dont loose sight people

uekiya
08-14-2000, 07:06 AM
I have read many 'comments' from you all about your 'opinions' of one thing and another and telling each other how the mechanics of JKD should be applied. I am a JKD studant of 13 years and instructor of 6 and i really feel that you all ( well nearly all) have lost sight of the beauty that is JKD...get all your formula and structure out of your head...remember..be like water...that famous and most true of statements..the art..the true art of JKD is the separation of the good performer and the artistic master .. the division between can be difficult to see...free flowing..adapt..convert...learn and apply...you guys get so wrapped up in the science that was never intended...its a very simplistic art with a simple message and a simple set of rules...you cant see the forest for the trees most of you...im not on here looking for trouble...just seeing an all to familiar pattern in the train of thought of too many JKD students..there is no magic..no myth,,no far eastern secret...its not as glitsy as that...sorry...its about you and your will to become yourself...the will to see what you are or are not...what you can or cant do..what you will accept of yourself...dicsipline and determination will get most through it...most are easily beaten in combat as they understand how to do this gift called JKD but they dont understand why it is supreme in its simplistics.

------------------
Uekiya

08-20-2000, 11:54 PM
To be Formless you must first have form dont go the the extreem telling people that JKD is
What ever you want it be even the "Con"cepts have way as way

------------------
Promoting Peace through JKD

uekiya
08-21-2000, 04:06 AM
by the sounds of your reply you are another western world JKD product...

Trust me...when in hong kong do as the chineese....i learned more and learned more about teaching true JKD in 3 Yrs there than all my other training anywhere.

the western world needs to be reset to the dynamics that make JKD and not the thoughts of many know bruce lee wannabes

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BryanS:
To be Formless you must first have form dont go the the extreem telling people that JKD is
What ever you want it be even the "Con"cepts have way as way

[/quote]

08-21-2000, 11:27 PM
Iam sure you went chasing dragons in Hong Kong.
As the saying goes "go west young man"
JKD was created in the west.

Dragon Spirit
09-23-2000, 11:39 PM
Relax guys, were all practitioners of JKD lets not fight like this. Try to stay open minded to what other people have 2 say.