PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!!

mamabrown
11-01-2007, 02:29 PM
I am posting in behalf of my two young sons. They are both members of a local Kung Fu and kickboxing club, Garion (10) is a red belt and Davon (7) is yellow.
They are both training for the worlds with WOMAA. Garion is doing the kama's and Davon the jo. They have been told to find :eek:music to train to. I have looked but with no joy the club are already using the music Sandstorm so that's out the window. So any ideas would be great...........

WinterPalm
11-02-2007, 11:24 AM
Japanese punk metal is your best bet.

SevenStar
11-02-2007, 11:37 AM
or j-rock , like miyavi or gackt.

In all seriousness though, this is probably the wrong place to ask that question. you may want to find an XMA forum or someting of that nature in order to find the answer you are looking for.

GeneChing
11-02-2007, 02:24 PM
We're still hearing the disco Wong Fei Hung theme at demos. The soundtrack to Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, is pretty popular too, especially the track called Night Fight.

Stay away from Eye of the Tiger and Mortal Kombat. It's been done.

SevenStar
11-02-2007, 03:43 PM
If you wanna be different, try either "voices" or "one world", both on the "L.A." CD by hiroshima. "voices" has a slower pace - so you wouldn't do a fast form to it.

Water Dragon
11-02-2007, 05:34 PM
If you want to be different, give the boys a little culture at the same time. How about something like "Flight of the Bumblebee's" for the kama. Not sure about the Jo. Beethoven's 5th Symphony perhaps?

Snake77
11-02-2007, 09:19 PM
Maggie May by Rod Stewart

mamabrown
11-08-2007, 02:23 PM
thank you for your help,
will start listening to the ideas and fingers crossed

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-08-2007, 11:17 PM
cant go wrong with death metal. ever.

bodhitree
11-27-2007, 08:13 AM
cant go wrong with death metal. ever.

exacta****inmundo

bodhitree
11-27-2007, 08:18 AM
Maggie May by Rod Stewart

also exacta****inmundo !!!!

wake up maggie I've got something to sayto you

No_Know
11-27-2007, 05:57 PM
Kama, Pictures of You (a radio popular song)

Jo...try listening to music from Korn or Evanessence

Watch them do their forms. The forms how they do them at different tempo at differing places shows you the music. Get their rhythm or beats/the melody in your head and just listenout for matching music.

No_Know

No_Know
11-29-2007, 05:05 PM
Jo--recent song might be called Appology/Appologize Look for techno or dance versions of these songs--there's usually more crowd attention grasping punch with a dance version of a song type of thing perhaps.

Get an approximate length of the forms. Then Get a list of songs. Use songs closer to your form time length. If each extension (strike/block) is a beat. Listen to the pause. Listen to the beat. This might help you realize a song/music for that form.

Consider splicing classical music together to match sections of the form.

No_Know

WYSPRGR2005
11-29-2007, 06:22 PM
Kama, Pictures of You (a radio popular song)

Jo...try listening to music from Korn or Evanessence

Watch them do their forms. The forms how they do them at different tempo at differing places shows you the music. Get their rhythm or beats/the melody in your head and just listenout for matching music.

No_Know

i think that bring me to life is a good song by evanessnece

doug maverick
11-29-2007, 10:49 PM
try those or you can get the safe versions of some of the songs

spiralstair
12-01-2007, 02:40 AM
Wamono by Hifana off the Channel H disk

No_Know
12-01-2007, 08:08 AM
Evenesence might be closer to the correct spelling of the group I was mentioning.

Good Luck~. Good Listening.

No_Know

WYSPRGR2005, I too think it can be nice to hear that song.