PDA

View Full Version : Freestyle Two Man form

diego
11-02-2007, 12:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9E5pejskKE

this is kinda cool...

sanjuro_ronin
11-02-2007, 12:19 PM
Never been a big fan of two man forms, too many bad habits and too unrealistic for my taste, nice for demos though.

Mano Mano
11-02-2007, 12:19 PM
is is kinda cool...
What dictionary did you use to define the word cool?

cjurakpt
11-02-2007, 12:26 PM
that has got to be some of the dumbest sh!t I have seen in a loooong time...

sanjuro_ronin
11-02-2007, 12:29 PM
that has got to be some of the dumbest sh!t I have seen in a loooong time...

You need to get out more :D

golden arhat
11-02-2007, 12:40 PM
uh oh looks like the gene pool needs some more chlorine :rolleyes:

sanjuro_ronin
11-02-2007, 12:43 PM
uh oh looks like the gene pool needs some more chlorine :rolleyes:

Are you rolling your eyes at me Sir?
*takes off white glove *

Prepare yourself !

lkfmdc
11-02-2007, 01:38 PM
*takes off white glove *

Prepare yourself !

Be careful, he might get a lawyer :p

hskwarrior
11-02-2007, 01:44 PM
that was good schit!!!!! NOT

but in defense of two man spar forms.......they are great, and effective if you apply the right mind frame, and such. but if you do them just to do them, then i see your point about not like two man spar forms.

but when my students finally get a grasp of the form, then i tell them its time to turn up the heat and fight like a real fight, but use the pre described techqniques from the form.

hskwarrior
11-02-2007, 01:55 PM
man, thats just not cool at all man. you know what i mean man? those guys are the reason TCMA people get bad reps man!!!

does anyone take notice i'm saying man too much!!!:p

hskwarrior
11-02-2007, 01:58 PM
hey, i got an idea......

maybe we can get some lawyers to do our fighting in the ring or in the streets for us since they always do our fighting for us in court!!!!

Jeong
11-02-2007, 02:19 PM
but in defense of two man spar forms.......they are great, and effective if you apply the right mind frame, and such. but if you do them just to do them, then i see your point about not like two man spar forms.

Yeah, absolutely. They're great at training spacing & timing, as well as a good conditioning exercise when performed at higher levels of contact.

But that was none of those. Poor focus & structure and lots of extra vocalization. I'm going to hope for their sake they were trying to be way over the top on this one...

hskwarrior
11-02-2007, 02:24 PM
jeong,

right! in class you always hear me saying....."STOP< YOU'RE TOO CLOSE, DO IT AGAIN!!!"

at the same time, a two man form teaches you to look for the next strike cause you already the last one was taken care of. this is good for the streets, because if a guy threw a punch, and you blocked it, you can decide whether to strike or wait for the next blow then attack. alot of the times blows aren't just one. the come in pairs and spurts, so its always good to know about after the first punch.

but it also teaches you angles, directions, and such.......under the right hands a two man form can be a real good thing.

Jeong
11-02-2007, 02:32 PM
what two-man sets do you have in your lineage hsk?

hskwarrior
11-02-2007, 02:44 PM
we've never used names for our two man spar forms, but we do the typical hand vs. hand, or hand vs. weapon.

but in my student's (iron Ox's video i made for him) he and my other student jason are doing a two man spar form.

not in order but we do:

stick vs. stick

various hand vs. hand

hand vs. double daggers

butterfly knive vs. spear

Bench vs. staff

double butter fly knive spar forms

things of that nature

golden arhat
11-02-2007, 02:56 PM
*takes off white glove *

Prepare yourself !

lol no it certainly wasnt

so put your white glove of prejudice back on sir and go about your way on the double !!

good day to you sir :cool:

hskwarrior
11-02-2007, 03:01 PM
"on The Double" He Said!!!! :D

golden arhat
11-02-2007, 06:02 PM
"on The Double" He Said!!!! :D

chop chop *claps*

ahh stereotypes :D

diego
11-02-2007, 07:07 PM
jeong,

right! in class you always hear me saying....."STOP< YOU'RE TOO CLOSE, DO IT AGAIN!!!"

at the same time, a two man form teaches you to look for the next strike cause you already the last one was taken care of. this is good for the streets, because if a guy threw a punch, and you blocked it, you can decide whether to strike or wait for the next blow then attack. alot of the times blows aren't just one. the come in pairs and spurts, so its always good to know about after the first punch.

but it also teaches you angles, directions, and such.......under the right hands a two man form can be a real good thing.

they were giggling throughout the whole thing...i liked it cuz it was differant...didn't say it was the ****...yall need to lighten up about real kung fu...any ****ing ring fighter comes after me in a boxing stance, i'm macing his ass. and using my crane stance to shank him after...no one is doing real reality training...unless you practise in prison and plan on going to war in the year 1379 AD:)

golden arhat
11-02-2007, 07:12 PM
they were giggling throughout the whole thing...i liked it cuz it was differant...didn't say it was the ****...yall need to lighten up about real kung fu...any ****ing ring fighter comes after me in a boxing stance, i'm macing his ass. and using my crane stance to shank him after...no one is doing real reality training...unless you practise in prison and plan on going to war in the year 1379 AD:)

no one will assume a boxing stance before a real fight unless u both agree to start a fight take your time and aquare off like it was a duel, usually in a fight they just hit you

what you would call a boxing stance is just where "during" the fight a boxer keeps his hands and feet for efficiency's sake

diego
11-02-2007, 07:15 PM
no one will assume a boxing stance in a fight they just hit you

what you would call a boxing stance is just where "during" the fight a boxer keeps his hands and feet for efficiency's sake

shut up

ass

figure of speach...i know you are coming after me you better have more than your hands up in a boxers stance while you walk towards me

banditshaw
11-02-2007, 07:25 PM
I think that was the anti two man set. Cause it pretty much screws up everything in a two man set that your supposed to be doing.
Things like hard contact, good timing and accuracy.
Looks like they were playing around I guess.

If I saw that at a live demo I would laugh my ass off. Why do people put this stuff on youtube for the world to ridicule?

golden arhat
11-03-2007, 04:00 AM
shut up

ass

figure of speach...i know you are coming after me you better have more than your hands up in a boxers stance while you walk towards me

calm down

no one walks up in that stance either

its just where u learn to put your hands "during" a fight

Mano Mano
11-03-2007, 05:43 AM
diego said:
shut up

ass

What would anybody have up other than their hands in a boxing stance the mind boggles.

diego
11-03-2007, 10:05 PM
What would anybody have up other than their hands in a boxing stance the mind boggles.
a pistol...trippy eh

golden arhat
11-04-2007, 06:09 AM
a pistol...trippy eh

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Drake
11-04-2007, 07:30 AM
Just curious, but isn't the term "freestyle form" an oxymoron? It just didn't make sense to me, you know?

hskwarrior
11-04-2007, 07:45 AM
lemme ask you this drake.......

if you do forms, but your teacher wanted you to go out there and make something up right there on the spot.......that's what we use as freestyle form.

kinda like rapping freestyle, making up your lyrics as you go.

that is something i'm proud to say i can do. how many of you out there have enough martial arts in you that you can make up something instantly? and look good at it!

golden arhat
11-04-2007, 08:43 AM
lemme ask you this drake.......

if you do forms, but your teacher wanted you to go out there and make something up right there on the spot.......that's what we use as freestyle form.

kinda like rapping freestyle, making up your lyrics as you go.

that is something i'm proud to say i can do. how many of you out there have enough martial arts in you that you can make up something instantly? and look good at it!

"and look good at it"

for all who were wondering how modern wushu came about

it was probably something like this :p

hskwarrior
11-04-2007, 08:49 AM
what kind of cologne are you wearing?

is that Haterism from fabrege? Old Spice?:D

still, wushu isn't made up on the spot now either is it?

BlueTravesty
11-04-2007, 07:57 PM
what kind of cologne are you wearing?

is that Haterism from fabrege? Old Spice?:D

still, wushu isn't made up on the spot now either is it?

sometimes it sure looks like it, at least that nandu crap. Don't get me wrong, it's difficult, but it lacks the power and finesse and aesthetic balance of traditional long fist, or 70's-80's wushu.

Cool opening stancey-thing. horsestance-punch-crescent-spin-crescent-jump-spincrescent runrunrun jump540degreekicklandinsplit get up punch-slapkick-turn-crescent-jump-spin-crescent-emptystance-hammerfist runrunrunrunrun butterflytwistsplit get up horsestance-punch-lowstance-sweep runrunrunrunrun 720degreekick-lowstance-hook-hammerfist runrunrunrunrun... and over and over again like that.

The compulsories were so much better to watch, particularly chaquan.