PDA

View Full Version : Mok Gar

Ng Jit
11-02-2007, 12:23 PM
Someone was asking about if Mok Gar is a lost art.... The answer is no, as far as I know Choy still teaches in Hong Kong. And also there is Gboo (if the name is right I never really was able to pronounce it) and Steve Martin In San Diego....

diego
11-02-2007, 12:29 PM
Someone was asking about if Mok Gar is a lost art.... The answer is no, as far as I know Choy still teaches in Hong Kong. And also there is Gboo (if the name is right I never really was able to pronounce it) and Steve Martin In San Diego....

the comedian steve?:D

Ng Jit
11-02-2007, 12:31 PM
the comedian steve?:D

No I am not sure that the Comedian knows kung fu and I am fairly certain he is in Los Angeles... I hope this clarified it for you LOL... ;););););)

diego
11-02-2007, 12:45 PM
No I am not sure that the Comedian knows kung fu and I am fairly certain he is in Los Angeles... I hope this clarified it for you LOL... ;););););)

you gotta admit it would be cool if it was him:cool:
peace

Ng Jit
11-02-2007, 12:52 PM
It would be very funny that is for sure... Though I am not sure I could stand him as a sifu... ANd he yells "Get in tong long" while producing a rubber chicken and slapping me over the head with it... Oh the memories...

diego
11-02-2007, 07:20 PM
It would be very funny that is for sure... Though I am not sure I could stand him as a sifu... ANd he yells "Get in tong long" while producing a rubber chicken and slapping me over the head with it... Oh the memories...

On a related note, Al Bundy has a high rank in BJJ...thought that was cute when i seen the photo of him and royce gracie clinching...couldn't help but think that peggy took the picture.

SIFU RON
11-04-2007, 09:18 PM
Mok-Ga

Good Style, if we are talking about the same Style. Is it also spelled Mote-Ga or Mawk-Ga to your knowledge ?

Still around, however several TMA Styles are being " left behind" lost for many different reasons.

Best to U
Sifu Ron

Jim Anestasi
11-05-2007, 02:38 PM
Mok Ga, As taught in G.M.Ark Y.Wong, stressed Kicking at least in his system, The kicks are never higher than you opponents mid section. A very good style & still alive in our system.:D
Sifu Jim

Southern Fist
11-05-2007, 03:54 PM
Sifu Steve Martin teaches in Arizona and San Diego, CA you can still contact him thru his e-mail of his website.

www.sojournpast.com

He is also not the actor. So no jokes.

Peter Pena

ittokaos
11-05-2007, 08:26 PM
Are you the same individual who wrote the recent article on Dragon Boxing in KF/TC? Am I thinking of someone else? Anyway, i fyou are him I believe that i read somewhere that you(if you are the writer) trained in Bak Mei under Kwong Man Fong in NY. How was that like? Would you PM me to discuss your training? I am really interested in his curriculum after seeing the vids on the site.

Thanks,

WF

ps--If you are not him please forgive the mistake.

Southern Fist
11-06-2007, 11:32 AM
ittokaos:

Yes, I am the same individual. I will pm you.

Peter Pena

SIFU RON
11-06-2007, 08:57 PM
The things I looked up refered to the

Mo- Ga Style of Kung Fu.

I respect everone that teaches Kung Fu and is a for real person.

It appears to me Mo-Ga and Mok-Ga are different Styles, but then again it is all KUng Fu right ?

Sifu Ron

Ng Jit
11-07-2007, 11:54 AM
Sifu Steve Martin teaches in Arizona and San Diego, CA you can still contact him thru his e-mail of his website.

www.sojournpast.com

He is also not the actor. So no jokes.

Peter Pena

Oh Sifu Steve finally moved cool sorry about that guys... He told me he was thinking about along time ago.... I just forgot because I am dippy...