PDA

View Full Version : Brooklyn New York

Phil Redmond
11-05-2007, 08:25 PM
There is a place called Ft. Greene Park not too far from Junior's Restaurant on Flatbush extension. It's only a few blocks from the Manhattan Bridge on the Brooklyn side of course. From Chinatown just head toward the bridge off of Canal St. and go over the bridge to Brooklyn. You will be on Flatbush Extension. You can't miss Junior's on the right. They once had the best cheesecake in NY. We could meet there then go train. If anyone would like to meet me there on a weekend just let me know. I used to go there and train with guys from different arts every other weekend unless the weather is really bad. Now I'm there everyweekend since my son got shot.
Just email me if you're going to show up.

Ultimatewingchun
11-05-2007, 10:13 PM
Phil,

My Saturday class is from 12:00-3:00.

Only about maybe a 15 minute ride from Junior's.

Why don't you stop by on a Saturday and workout with us?

DRleungjan
11-07-2007, 12:43 PM
Hello Phil,

I Haven't had Juniors in a little while but they still can boast of a mighty good cheescake...lol

Btw, how is your son recovering?

Best Regards, :)

Ultimatewingchun
11-07-2007, 12:59 PM
Btw, John...

After looking at your signature...

I was born in Grave's End, Brooklyn. And spent many years hanging out there - right into my mid 30's.

deejaye72
11-20-2007, 07:25 PM
hey vic,i too grew up in gravesend as well, the marlboro projects. man that was rough. the only white kid in the projects.meand my brothers had a hard time lol.i got a lot of stories.i live in georgia now,since 1992, love it here.i've been training in wing chun with my father since 92,a long time student of jason lau. one of my dads students use to train with you in the 80's. drop me a line. sometime.

Ultimatewingchun
11-20-2007, 09:19 PM
Hey, Eddie...

Small world indeed! What was the name of the guy who studied with me back in the 80's?

drleungjohn
11-20-2007, 11:53 PM
Hey Vic-he's not me--

deejaye72
11-21-2007, 04:38 AM
hey vic,i dont drop names over the internet with out permission. but if you give me your email we can talk. drop me a line. deejaye72@yahoo.com

cche7
11-23-2007, 08:51 AM
You can't miss Junior's on the right. They once had the best cheesecake in NY.

I heard they're haven't been the same in recent years. I haven't been there in a while, so I can't say personally.

Now I'm there everyweekend since my son got shot.

Phil, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope everything is okay with your son.