View Full Version : The KFM fitness challange results thread

bodhitree
11-06-2007, 12:16 PM
WEEK 1 PUSH UPS

Name: Scott

Height: 6 foot

Weight: 180lbs

Push ups in one minute: 52 :(

Remember pushups go through this sunday! Next week squats!

__________________________________________________ ____________Results (in order in which they are posted, or something close to that) (I'll add them here as they come in)

Push ups in one minute: 52

Name: Mr Punch

Height: 1'6". (OK OK 6' 0.75")

Weight: 80 kg (176 lbs)

Level flat-hand push-ups in one minute: 40

Viper
Name: luke
height 5,6

in a min did 60

Name: Paul
Stats: 5'-6", 171 lbs

Southern Tiger
Name: Blake

Height: 5'8"

Weight: 167 lbs

Pushups: 53 in 60 seconds

Weight: 105kg (230lb)
28 in 60 seconds

Push-ups
1) Sevenstar 83
2) Sanjuro Ronin 76
3) Viper 60

Pull-ups
1) Viper 20
2) Shaloin Wookie 16
3) Bodhitree/Sevenstar 15

Squats
1) Viper 76
2) Sevenstar 73
3) Bodhitree 68

Crunches
1) Sevenstar 105
2) Viper 84
3) Bodhitree 63
__________________ Mr. Punch collected the data, due to me being a lazy ass

sanjuro_ronin
11-06-2007, 12:38 PM
WEEK 1 PUSH UPS

Push ups in one minute: 52 :(

Remember pushups go through this sunday! Next week squats!

Did you pause and restart at any time?
Flat hands or knuckles?
Feet elevated or on the floor?
Wine or beer ?:D

bodhitree
11-06-2007, 01:19 PM
Did you pause and restart at any time? Yes
Flat hands or knuckles? flat hands
Feet elevated or on the floor? floor
Wine or beer ? who drinks wine, danm canadians:D

seriously though, wine over beer

Mr Punch
11-06-2007, 04:57 PM
Name: Mr Punch

Height: 1'6". (OK OK 6' 0.75")

Weight: 80 kg (176 lbs)

Level flat-hand push-ups in one minute: 40

Quite happy with that. My PB is about 55 I think, but I was concentrating on perfect form and not pausing (didn't pause once), so I expect to get back up to 50-odd by the end of the week, and I think a reasonable standard target for the forum given my level of fitness is 1/sec... which means I have to beat my PB to get to 60 a minute! :D

viper
11-06-2007, 09:49 PM
height 5,6

in a min did 60 def not my best last week did a trial did 82 was sore for days after lol

sanjuro_ronin
11-07-2007, 05:47 AM
I thought we were doing video clips ?

bodhitree
11-07-2007, 07:27 AM
I thought we were doing video clips ?

video is optional, as some of us (including me) don't have access to video technology.

sanjuro_ronin
11-07-2007, 07:56 AM
video is optional, as some of us (including me) don't have access to video technology.

Ah, I see.
Gottcha.

bodhitree
11-07-2007, 07:59 AM
plus why would anyone want to watch a minute of push ups, unless they're trying to call someone on their details:D

golden arhat
11-07-2007, 08:22 AM
i did about three one handed ones
lol my other arm doesnt work

i remember i used to do about 30 ish non stop before

not sure how long i took tho

Mr Punch
11-07-2007, 10:02 AM
I thought we were doing video clips ?WTF is it with people and videos these days? Do you really want to see a vid of someone you don't know doing pushups? Holy ****! Time to get a life off the board! :D

sanjuro_ronin
11-07-2007, 10:09 AM
WTF is it with people and videos these days? Do you really want to see a vid of someone you don't know doing pushups? Holy ****! Time to get a life off the board! :D

DUDE !!
If its not on video, it never happened !!

bodhitree
11-08-2007, 06:00 AM
DUDE !!
If its not on video, it never happened !!

I agree, but my camera broke and I haven't yet been able to replace it....

maybe I can borrow mommy and daddy's next time I see them, oh, and where are your numbers mr. Prime Minister of Canada (Saddam)

Drake
11-08-2007, 06:04 AM
I just did 60 pushups. Probably could've done more, but I HATE that point where you slow down. Some mental thing, I guess.

sanjuro_ronin
11-08-2007, 06:09 AM
My turn:

Stats: 5'-6", 171 lbs, Virgo, Married and I love moonlit walks on the beach

69 ( Yeah baby !! growl) Knuckle push ups on concrete with a 1-2 secon pause at the 50 mark.
Feet together on the floor.

Was hoping for more, I usually do 50 as part of my warm-ups anyways, but 69 is THE NUMBER :D

Drake
11-08-2007, 06:12 AM
My turn:

69 ( Yeah baby !! growl) Knuckle push ups on concrete with a 1-2 secon pause at the 50 mark.

Was hoping for more, I usually do 50 as part of my warm-ups anyways, but 69 is THE NUMBER :D

Oh, it's ON now!

sanjuro_ronin
11-08-2007, 06:16 AM
Oh, it's ON now!

LOL !!!

I friend of mine does "smashing knuckle push ups", where you push off at the top and "punch" the ground on the way down, he does 30 of them, on concrete.

Last time I saw him he pumped out 80 while telling me about how much he liked Flashpoint with donnie yen.

Some people are just show offs !

Drake
11-08-2007, 06:18 AM
LOL !!!

I friend of mine does "smashing knuckle push ups", where you push off at the top and "punch" the ground on the way down, he does 30 of them, on concrete.

Last time I saw him he pumped out 80 while telling me about how much he liked Flashpoint with donnie yen.

Some people are just show offs !

I knew a guy when I was a traineee at Ft. Huachuca... he'd do 100 without slowing down and just stop, because he'd already maxed out on the points anyway. He couldn't run to save his life, though.

bodhitree
11-08-2007, 06:21 AM
My turn:

Mr. Paul Hussein,

Great work!

bodhitree
11-08-2007, 06:22 AM
you flapping headed mother *****

sanjuro_ronin
11-08-2007, 06:23 AM
I knew a guy when I was a traineee at Ft. Huachuca... he'd do 100 without slowing down and just stop, because he'd already maxed out on the points anyway. He couldn't run to save his life, though.

I know a gut that did and stil does Ironman triathalons, he didn't last 2 rounds on the HB the first few times he tried it.

sanjuro_ronin
11-08-2007, 06:23 AM
Mr. Paul Hussein,

Great work!

Er, its Paul Sacramento....

sanjuro_ronin
11-08-2007, 06:24 AM
you flapping headed mother *****

:eek:

Dude...WTF ??

bodhitree
11-08-2007, 06:29 AM
:eek:

Dude...WTF ??

not a fan of south park, eh.

jk man, no offense meant, just a joke from south park.

sanjuro_ronin
11-08-2007, 06:31 AM
not a fan of south park, eh.

jk man, no offense meant, just a joke from south park.

Oh, none taken at all, just wondering what you were yelling about, maybe you spilled hot coffee on your crotch.
:D

bodhitree
11-08-2007, 06:31 AM
the congrats is sincere!:)

sanjuro_ronin
11-08-2007, 06:33 AM
the congrats is sincere!:)

For what? being married or liking moonlit walks on the beach ?

Seriously I was hoping for more, I always go back to when I went for my BB in Kyokushin way back when and I pumped out 60 knuckle push ups and 60 situps in less than 2 minutes, 1:42 to be exact.
Of course I was a tad younger and 140lbs at the time !

bodhitree
11-08-2007, 06:43 AM
you got the best #'s so far....

sanjuro_ronin
11-08-2007, 06:46 AM
The thread is is young :D

SouthernTiger
11-08-2007, 10:32 AM
Hello all,

To help this thread get back to posting results...:)

Here are mine:

Name: Blake

Height: 5'8"

Weight: 167 lbs

Pushups: 53 in 60 seconds

So, yeah, there it is. I was a little dissappointed but seeing as how I rarely go above 15-20 fingertip pushups, I suppose this is good...

Good Luck all!

-Blake

I-K
11-08-2007, 03:21 PM
Just to fill out the other tail of the bell curve...

Name: I-K
Height: 194cm (6'4")

Pushups: Palms flat on carpet, feet together on the floor, using strict form; controlling descent all the way down (I have a formerly-smashed elbow which complains otherwise)...

...28 in 60 seconds... oh, the shame. :o

I had a few more (like, another four, maybe :o ) in me, but ran out of time... how people manage to cycle through a full pushup in less than a second is beyond me.

sanjuro_ronin
11-09-2007, 05:21 AM

Pushups: Palms flat on carpet, feet together on the floor, using strict form; controlling descent all the way down (I have a formerly-smashed elbow which complains otherwise)...

I had a few more (like, another four, maybe :o ) in me, but ran out of time... how people manage to cycle through a full pushup in less than a second is beyond me.

Its a specificity thing, I have a friend that BP over 400lbs for reps and he can't do more than 50 push ups.
Why?
He rarely trains/does push ups other than to warm up and then he does 30 or so.

bodhitree
11-09-2007, 07:59 AM

try to train pushups fast, maybe only do a set of 5 but do the whole motion quickly, then increase the number! You're young, you'll be able to pull it off in no time!

Drake
11-09-2007, 08:03 AM
It also helps if you don't think about it. I always find myself a nice, far away place when taking the APFT.

RD'S Alias - 1A
11-09-2007, 09:13 AM
I can do about 30-35 then I gass, but I am still under a minute. Also it depends on what part of the day. In early morning, I die after like 12. In the evening I will hit my gass point, but can continue on after a short break. I have not tried it, but I think I could do 40 in a minute.

It's allways been a goal of mine to do 100 in 2 minutes.

SouthernTiger
11-09-2007, 09:31 AM

Interestingly, to professionaly test muscular endurance one needs a metronome. A testee then performs one repitition per second in concert with the metronome until he/she can no longer keep the pace.

This eliminates the "super fast" reps that test little more than how well one can use momentum.

Just an FYI for anyone who cares...:D

-Blake

bodhitree
11-09-2007, 09:37 AM
I can do about 30-35 then I gass, but I am still under a minute. Also it depends on what part of the day. In early morning, I die after like 12. In the evening I will hit my gass point, but can continue on after a short break. I have not tried it, but I think I could do 40 in a minute.

It's allways been a goal of mine to do 100 in 2 minutes.

time yourself and give us a number, don't make it hypothetical!

BruceSteveRoy
11-09-2007, 10:06 AM
Interestingly, to professionaly test muscular endurance one needs a metronome. A testee ...

-Blake

hehe he said teste :D

bodhitree
11-09-2007, 11:15 AM
hehe he said teste :D

he he, that was cool, he he

SouthernTiger
11-09-2007, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceSteveRoy
hehe he said teste

he he, that was cool, he he

Ha. I cant believe I got away with that...

-Blake "I will not be censored"

Shaolin Wookie
11-10-2007, 07:46 AM
Last year during during an agent screening with the GBI, I did 71 in a minute, vertical fist on the knuckles....but they only counted me for 62, because on 9 of them I didn't hit the little foam pad they put under my chest. I was kind of ****ed, but not really, because I still raped the competition on that one. BTW, I didn't get hte job....LOL......but it's all good, b/c I'd rather go to grad school anyways....:cool:

My situps were more impressive, though. I wasn't used to having someone sit on my toes. I've always practiced keeping my feet flat in and in a good unmovable structure, so I've developed a good frame. But on the first one I did, with this dude sitting on my toes, I was moving so fast I friggin' stood up, then had to sit back down and take it slower with a little less enthusiasm, b/c that kills your time:D. The agent overseeing the process laughed and said: "I don't know what that was, but it was impressive!"

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-10-2007, 09:15 AM
i worked my way up to 76 this june before i started getting the exertion headaches (i think thats in my log actually). they werent timed, but i dont imagine it took longer than a minute. might have been a little over. to be honest my ROM wasnt what id normally accept though ... looking down instead of up. i wanted to get to 100 looking down then look up and start all over with the greater range of motion.

bodhitree
11-10-2007, 11:39 AM
Why is everyone posting about crap they've done in the past?? Do it now and post the results!

I-K
11-11-2007, 03:09 PM
It also helps if you don't think about it. I always find myself a nice, far away place when taking the APFT.

APFT = Airforce Personnel Fitness Test?

I'm down with the nice-far-away-place sickness all right, but I've found it doesn't always help; my form starts to wonder if I'm not actively checking up on the body parts that are doing the work... it works a treat for isometric exercises, like holding horse stance, iron bridge (my personal favourite ;)) or stretching, but if an arm or a leg has to move, I find I get better results when I'm consciously or semi-consciously controlling my form... I put it down to having spent so much time out of action recently, on top of not being the athletic type in general (I couldn't do a pushup until I was 16). Just to be able to pump through 30 pushups or 100 sit-ups is still something of a novelty; like my mind doesn't want to miss being ringside for it every time it happens...

Tried it again over the weekend; big Friday night didn't help - only got 26 in a minute, 32 at failure... then I spent Sunday fighting off a bout of stomach flu. I'm writing this while weak as a kitten, but all the retching and dehydration of the past 24 hours have really brought out the definition in my obliques. :D

I-K
11-11-2007, 03:19 PM
try to train pushups fast, maybe only do a set of 5 but do the whole motion quickly, then increase the number! You're young, you'll be able to pull it off in no time!

*scribble*scribble*scribble* I'll give it a go... there'll be a bit of a mental barrier to get over with the elbow, though...

Drake
11-12-2007, 04:42 AM
APFT = Airforce Personnel Fitness Test?

I'm down with the nice-far-away-place sickness all right, but I've found it doesn't always help; my form starts to wonder if I'm not actively checking up on the body parts that are doing the work... it works a treat for isometric exercises, like holding horse stance, iron bridge (my personal favourite ;)) or stretching, but if an arm or a leg has to move, I find I get better results when I'm consciously or semi-consciously controlling my form... I put it down to having spent so much time out of action recently, on top of not being the athletic type in general (I couldn't do a pushup until I was 16). Just to be able to pump through 30 pushups or 100 sit-ups is still something of a novelty; like my mind doesn't want to miss being ringside for it every time it happens...

Tried it again over the weekend; big Friday night didn't help - only got 26 in a minute, 32 at failure... then I spent Sunday fighting off a bout of stomach flu. I'm writing this while weak as a kitten, but all the retching and dehydration of the past 24 hours have really brought out the definition in my obliques. :D

APFT - Army Physical Fitness Test

A lot of pushup skill is the same as MA skill. It becomes muscle memory after a while. I can do them, eyes closed, and know exactly where my form is off. It comes with time, not individual skill.

And you really shouldn't do pushups or exercise when you're sick. You'll make yourself sicker, and you'll never get remotely close to your max.

I-K
11-12-2007, 02:48 PM
APFT - Army Physical Fitness Test

A lot of pushup skill is the same as MA skill. It becomes muscle memory after a while. I can do them, eyes closed, and know exactly where my form is off. It comes with time, not individual skill.

And you really shouldn't do pushups or exercise when you're sick. You'll make yourself sicker, and you'll never get remotely close to your max.

Of course. The schedule for the weekend was - party-party-party Friday night, mount another couple of attempt at max-situps-in-a-minute on Saturday afternoon, spend Sunday feeling like I was about to die... the only push-up type activity I was doing then was pushing off the edge of the toilet bowl to ensure I didn't go in face-first...

bodhitree
11-13-2007, 06:30 AM
No squats numbers yet? I get mine up Wed.

sanjuro_ronin
11-13-2007, 06:31 AM
No squats numbers yet? I get mine up Wed.

Squats this week?
Ok, get back to you tomorrow.

BruceSteveRoy
11-13-2007, 09:24 AM
i am not planning on doing the 'fitness test' but i wanted to post my pushups bc i think its funny that my wife beat me. but i won't admit it to her. ;)

me:5'7, 185 lbs (i'm working on it) 28 yrs old. 47 pushups in a minute.
the wife: 5'4, 112 lbs, 25 yrs old. 49 pushups in a minute.

bodhitree
11-13-2007, 09:30 AM
i am not planning on doing the 'fitness test' but i wanted to post my pushups bc i think its funny that my wife beat me. but i won't admit it to her. ;)

me:5'7, 185 lbs (i'm working on it) 28 yrs old. 47 pushups in a minute.
the wife: 5'4, 112 lbs, 25 yrs old. 49 pushups in a minute.

were they "girl" push ups?

I'm talkin about yours, not your wife's

BruceSteveRoy
11-13-2007, 10:07 AM
you found me out. :o

as for my wife's they were not. she did them for her PRT for the Navy last friday. they don't allow girl push ups.

stricker
11-13-2007, 04:21 PM
yo scott sorry i'm being a bit dumb, whats the squats challenge, how many we can do in 1 minute? what kinda squat etc?

viper
11-13-2007, 10:07 PM
weight: 62kg
height: 167

squats: 76

g-bells
11-13-2007, 11:29 PM
late here but he goes

gary
35, 36 in a month
225lbs
5'10"

59 in one minute

bodhitree
11-14-2007, 07:49 AM
yo scott sorry i'm being a bit dumb, whats the squats challenge, how many we can do in 1 minute? what kinda squat etc?

yeah, # of squats in one minute, as long as they break parallel they're ok w/ me

Scott
6 foot
187ish

push ups 52

SQUATS 68

no rest in the minute, slowed down in the last 15 seconds though

SevenStar
11-14-2007, 09:34 AM
I am late...my bad.

push ups - 83. I coulda done more, but I thought I saw somewhere that we had to come all the way back up... in the challenge we had at work, your chest had to touch a block that was 3 inches off the floor, and I didn't have to go all the way back up, so I knocked out 105.

I'll do squats tonight.

bodhitree
11-14-2007, 09:44 AM
I am late...my bad.

push ups - 83. I coulda done more, but I thought I saw somewhere that we had to come all the way back up... in the challenge we had at work, your chest had to touch a block that was 3 inches off the floor, and I didn't have to go all the way back up, so I knocked out 105.

I'll do squats tonight.

Good work! You're ahead of Sanjuro!

sanjuro_ronin
11-14-2007, 09:46 AM
Good work! You're ahead of Sanjuro!

He posess great chi !!

bodhitree
11-16-2007, 05:34 AM
To the top 9 10

sanjuro_ronin
11-16-2007, 05:45 AM
Squats:

was up to 105 when I realized I was suppose to time it ! :D

Will try again today.

bodhitree
11-16-2007, 06:14 AM
Squats:

was up to 105 when I realized I was suppose to time it ! :D

Will try again today.

just do it again, i did my challange after doing heavy squats!

sanjuro_ronin
11-16-2007, 06:26 AM
just do it again, i did my challange after doing heavy squats!

Well. your just a psycho aren't you?

stricker
11-16-2007, 11:14 AM
tried doing mine (squats) as part of mma/grappling circuit training the other night (1 min of squats in the middle of 5min rounds) but kept losing count... will probably do on sat or sun...

bodhitree
11-18-2007, 06:08 PM
Pull ups this week

bodhitree
11-20-2007, 07:58 AM
I'll do them today!

bodhitree
11-20-2007, 04:44 PM
Pull Ups

15:( I had to get off the bar a couple times

sanjuro_ronin
11-21-2007, 05:37 AM
Squats ( yeah I know, better late than never) - 66 in one minute.
I also did push ups again because last time I timed myself and didn't have a spotter to time me and in this case I got 76 push-ups instead of 69.
:)

sanjuro_ronin
11-22-2007, 12:30 PM
How are we doing pull ups ??
Palms in or out?
wide grip or shoulder?
Dead hangs at the bottom ( 1 second pause) or "momentum" chins ?

bodhitree
11-23-2007, 08:41 AM
How are we doing pull ups ??
Palms in or out?
wide grip or shoulder?
Dead hangs at the bottom ( 1 second pause) or "momentum" chins ?

Palms out, I did mine a little more than shoulder, but I didn't really think about it, not quite one second pause but not really "momentum" chins, certainly no jumping up, just a consisten all the way down, then all the way up.

I picked palms out because that's the one I'm personally the weakest with, so I figured it would probably be most challanging for everyone. Oh, and my number would be bigger if I counted some of the half reps I did, it has to be a complete rep.

Where is everyone with these? Work off turkey day with some pull ups, tubbies.

Shaolin Wookie
11-23-2007, 09:20 AM
Palms out, I did mine a little more than shoulder, but I didn't really think about it, not quite one second pause but not really "momentum" chins, certainly no jumping up, just a consisten all the way down, then all the way up.

I picked palms out because that's the one I'm personally the weakest with, so I figured it would probably be most challanging for everyone. Oh, and my number would be bigger if I counted some of the half reps I did, it has to be a complete rep.

Where is everyone with these? Work off turkey day with some pull ups, tubbies.

I did sixteen with the palm-out grip yesterday (my weakest, too...can't figure out why).
I did twenty-three with palms-in today. I wasn't going at a competition rate, b/c I just do them every day. But they were usual numbers for me anyways. I'm still impressed by those dudes that do more than a hundred. I know I've got a long ways to go.:D

All of them Marine style-down to straight arms, up to chin above bar. Legs extended straight out in front like I'm sitting on the floor (good for abs, as well) 'cuz it prevents swimming with the legs, although I do them half-the time with them hanging, bent at the knee. For grip, I either do them with hands right next to each other, or a little beyond shoulder-width. I prefer the close-in grip, but I don't know whether it's easier or harder. I think I get the same numbers, or close to, either way. I'll have to pay attention to that later today when I do some more.

This is the exercise I'm usually pretty good at, b/c I do them every day at a door-span chinup bar near my washer. Anytime I pass it, even if I'm in a rush, I force myself to do as many as I can.

sanjuro_ronin
11-23-2007, 09:51 AM
http://www.recordholders.org/en/list/chinups.html

Just in case anyone is curious...

Shaolin Wookie
11-23-2007, 10:14 AM
Man, that's impressive. I can pump out 18 or so with supinated grip without much trouble, and quickly, but by then, I'm gassed, and the rest come hard. I never dismount though, and I doubt they do either. Seems like it's beside the point, doesn't it? I don't time them, but I know they're less than a minute.

Started training them 'cuz I was going to become a Marine officer (but couldn't pass the hearing tests, and found out I'm hard of hearing in my left ear---**** that rap music I listened to back in the day!) LOL.....and it became my favorite workout regimen. I've plateaued at low twenties. Getting 50 in a minute is pretty **** impressive.

sanjuro_ronin
11-23-2007, 10:35 AM
Some of the best pull-upers and chinners I know are rock climbers, fingertip pull ups and chins are something I am working on now, can only do 15 right now....

Shaolin Wookie
11-23-2007, 10:41 AM
Some of the best pull-upers and chinners I know are rock climbers, fingertip pull ups and chins are something I am working on now, can only do 15 right now....

My bro and I used to work out with a bodybuilder during college. He was pretty huge, but he said the measure of a man's strength is if he can pull his own bodyweight up 20 times in a row (sounds wierd, but it's about ratios, I guess). It was always my goal, and it took a long time to get there, but I got there eventually. But yeah, rock climbers have remarkable core strength. I kind of gave up on the "get as big as I can idea" a long time ago when I realized that's not what I wanted. I'm working on the "get comprehensive core strength" tip, after taking a break from it for a while.

sanjuro_ronin
11-23-2007, 11:07 AM
Strength to weight ratio is what every one should be striving for, unless they are "power oriented" athletes.
Funny, some think that MA should be endurance type athletes (think swimmers), other thing they should be "explosive" type athletes( think olympic lifters or sprinters), and other think they should be "strength-to-weight ratio" athletes( think gynmasts).

Shaolin Wookie
11-23-2007, 11:45 AM
Strength to weight ratio is what every one should be striving for, unless they are "power oriented" athletes.
Funny, some think that MA should be endurance type athletes (think swimmers), other thing they should be "explosive" type athletes( think olympic lifters or sprinters), and other think they should be "strength-to-weight ratio" athletes( think gynmasts).

Shoot, I'm a former distance running, strength-to-weight ratio MA who plays with explosives. I must be confused.

sanjuro_ronin
11-23-2007, 01:31 PM
Shoot, I'm a former distance running, strength-to-weight ratio MA who plays with explosives. I must be confused.

You forgot about your chi blasting.

Shaolin Wookie
11-23-2007, 01:50 PM
I don't chi blast. A chi blaster is a primitive MA'ist. I prefer a much more civilized and refined method of chi direction, like through a saber for instance.

SevenStar
11-26-2007, 11:58 AM
I did 73 squats, but did them fight after running 4 miles.

I did 24 pullups yesterday, but did not time them... I will time myself tonight.

bodhitree
11-26-2007, 12:41 PM
This week:

Crunches or Situps!

I will do situps, crunches are available for the less masculine

bodhitree
11-27-2007, 06:31 AM
just to let eveyone know I will collect everyone's data and put the numbers together so that we can compare and say "ooooo" and "aaaaaa".

What should we do after situps? Please reply to this question in the ideas thread. 50 yard dash? Burpees? Dips? What? How long to wait until cycle again? Ideas thread peoples

SevenStar
11-27-2007, 08:58 AM
105 crunches in a minute.

viper
11-28-2007, 01:03 AM
Pullups did just 20

will crunch tonight

viper
11-30-2007, 02:03 AM
crunched: 84
situps straight after: 35

sanjuro_ronin
11-30-2007, 05:31 AM
Whats the procedure for crunches ?

bodhitree
11-30-2007, 05:40 AM
Whats the procedure for crunches ?

crunch. repeat.

sanjuro_ronin
11-30-2007, 05:51 AM
crunch. repeat.

Legs on a bench, heels on floor, shoulders only off the ground ?...

bodhitree
11-30-2007, 09:30 AM
Legs on a bench, heels on floor, shoulders only off the ground ?...

I haven't done mine yet so I don't knwo what the others did.

Mr Punch
12-02-2007, 09:27 PM
Had two weeks where me mum was over here in Japan and I swas showing her around, and a week sicne when I've had a cold, but as soon as I'm fit I'll probably go for all these exercises so far as a mammoth interval sesh, just for ****s n giggles.

Anyway, I'll be doing crunches with my feet flat on the ground, my heels about a handspan away from my butt, enough space for a flat fist under the small of my back, crunching to 30 degs off the floor (bottom of shoulder blades just off the floor, facing up: i.e. looking at the ceiling the whole time, not bending the neck down towards my feet/looking at my abs!).

SevenStar
12-03-2007, 11:09 AM
I did 15...

bodhitree
12-03-2007, 12:17 PM
crunches 63

I never do crunches........

SevenStar
12-03-2007, 03:18 PM
then do situps, sissy boy...:mad::D

bodhitree
12-04-2007, 05:35 AM
then do situps, sissy boy...:mad::D

I'd rather lift something heavy ya Vincent Price sound-alike!:D

Drake
12-04-2007, 06:05 AM
THE FLUTTER KICK!

IN CADENCE, EXERCISE!

I smoke the bejeebus out of troopies with that one, just to see who can hang.

bodhitree
12-05-2007, 02:15 PM
WHAT NEXT?

I'm doing my finals and then traveling, so I won't have too much time to keep up. I think we should do maybe another exercise, then come back and see how we all improve. We should also talk about the method used for improvement, or stagnation. This will be easy for those of us who keep logs.

viper
12-13-2007, 10:29 PM
flexabilty???

monkeyfoot
12-15-2007, 04:43 AM
Yea flexibility is cool

We should post up our current flexibility and then a target to reach. Would be a good incentive to dedicate the time to box splits.

Or pressups on fingers....so aim for like 10 pressups on the least amount of fingers as possible

craig

Mr Punch
01-01-2008, 12:27 AM
OK OK Now we're talking! :D

Finally got round to getting some time to train! I know what people say about always being able to fit in SOME training... but, well, they're wrong.

Anyway, got a lot of training plans this break so don't want to stick just to the KFM challenge 'program'... and so, did it all at once!

Push-ups: 44 Pathetic! And about 20 below my PB for 60 secs... still that's what you get for not training for a couple of months.
Squats: 37 The push-ups, fair enough but not happy with this number of squats even given the knee twinges. Oh well, gives me something to work on.
Crunches: 62 Nobbad I spose. 30/45 degs, shoulder blades just off the floor.
Pull-ups: 6. Yep, you read it right! Disappointed but not in myself: disappointed that the bar I've been sizing up to do pull-ups on doesn't let my ****ing knees clear the ground... :( back to the drawing board. That's the trouble with living in a country full of very small people, with an obsession about tree surgery on low-hanging park branches. I **** you not, there is nowhere!

45 secs break between each set, but the break before the pull-ups consisted of sprinting 30 m and down 3 flights of stairs...

Fun fun fun,

more stuff to aim for this year. :)

Mr Punch
01-01-2008, 12:30 AM
What's next?

One-legged squats?

Bulgarian split squats?

Burpees?

Sprawl drills?

DL drills?

Mr Punch
01-02-2008, 05:58 AM
This should be next:

Equipment needed: One pair of moderately heavy dumbbells (optional).

This routine needs to be done to be appreciated. You won't truly "get it" by reading about it.

Start the stopwatch:

1A: Squats (hold the dumbbells at your sides): Perform 24 reps, making sure to break parallel with every rep.

1B: Alternating lunges: 12 reps each leg. Make sure to use a maximal range of motion.

1C: Drop the dumbbells (unless you're psycho) and switch to alternating lunge jumps. Do 12 reps per leg. Get as high as you can and switch legs in the air. King Kong didn't just jump on your back, although it might feel like it!

1D: Squat jumps: Make sure you still get below parallel and get off the floor as high as you can. Perform 24 reps.

Stop the clock! You should be under two minutes for the set.

Rest half the time it took you to complete the circuit and then repeat it. Cursing me and my entire Scottish heritage is normal at this point. If you're able to complete the entire circuit in under 90 seconds, then start doing two circuits back to back.

From here. (http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1013133)

That'll sort the men from the boys. I'm a boy. Or worse yet, a girl in a frilly dress as Cosgrove likes to put it... :eek:

You don't need to do it with weights, but if you do, put up your weights, and of course, let us know if you manage to finish it (that's the two sets don't forget). Bwuha. Bwuhaha. :p C'mon then lads, up and at 'em!!! ;)

IronFist
01-06-2008, 12:33 PM
wtf how did I miss this contest? I would've played!

Mr Punch
01-06-2008, 06:19 PM
wtf how did I miss this contest? I would've played!It's not a contest, and you can still do it.

So far it's how many of the following you can do in 60 secs:

push-ups
squats
sit-ups/crunches
dead hang pull-ups

...and then by all means make your suggestion for the next exercise.
:)

Mr Punch
01-06-2008, 07:00 PM
Everyone given up or what?

C'mon, let's get some training pzazz back in the new year!

Bodhitree: put this up in your first post - I think it's accurate;

Top scores:

Push-ups
1) Sevenstar 83
2) Sanjuro Ronin 76
3) Viper 60

Pull-ups
1) Viper 20
2) Shaloin Wookie 16

Squats
1) Viper 76
2) Sevenstar 73
3) Bodhitree 68

Crunches
1) Sevenstar 105
2) Viper 84
3) Bodhitree 63

Mr Punch
01-06-2008, 07:00 PM
Dunno, maybe you'd better wait for Ironfist's results...! :eek: :D

bodhitree
01-07-2008, 07:38 AM
Everyone given up or what?

C'mon, let's get some training pzazz back in the new year!

Bodhitree: put this up in your first post - I think it's accurate;

Top scores:

Push-ups
1) Sevenstar 83
2) Sanjuro Ronin 76
3) Viper 60

Pull-ups
1) Viper 20
2) Shaloin Wookie 16

Squats
1) Viper 76
2) Sevenstar 73
3) Bodhitree 68

Crunches
1) Sevenstar 105
2) Viper 84
3) Bodhitree 63

Done, and sorry for dropping the ball.....

I'm affected by winter in ways that make me lazy!:(

sanjuro_ronin
01-07-2008, 08:47 AM
Pull-ups - 18

Chin-ups - 21

:p

bodhitree
01-07-2008, 01:06 PM
didn't you read the rules

No wigs

No dogs

No Canadians ------ Ze Rulez

;)

Mr Punch
01-07-2008, 05:56 PM
LOL

BTW, talking of 'rules', what are people doing for squats? I'm going ATG.

bodhitree
01-07-2008, 06:01 PM
LOL

BTW, talking of 'rules', what are people doing for squats? I'm going ATG.

What are these "squats other than ATG" you speak of (exception being pistols)

Mr Punch
01-07-2008, 06:07 PM
OK, cool, just wondered.

Mr Punch
01-07-2008, 06:10 PM
Pull-ups - 18Well, that's knocks off those pretenders 7* and Bodhi! :D

I'm gonna hit them again tonight, hopefully somewhere where my knees don't hit the ground (I can't even try them in the sitting position there cos it's a bike rack and the bikes get in the way!)

Chin-ups - 21

:pEr, whassat then?

SevenStar
01-07-2008, 06:21 PM
Well, that's knocks off those pretenders 7* and Bodhi! :D

haven't you been reading my blog, sucka? I have been doing pullups - LOTS of em. *I am about to smoke you fools in pull ups.

* I should get some of my street cred back from that one.

Mr Punch
01-07-2008, 06:48 PM
haven't you been reading my blog, sucka? I have been doing pullups - LOTS of em. *I am about to smoke you fools in pull ups.

* I should get some of my street cred back from that one.Pah, about to! See you here tonight, sucka yourself!

(Ah, I feel an injury coming on...!)

viper
01-07-2008, 09:49 PM
I was thinking a good test would be to see how many 3 min rounds you can do 1 min rest either pads or heavy bag. Thoughts

Mr Punch
01-07-2008, 10:33 PM
Can't be standardized at all. One guy's 3 mins on a heavy bag is another guy's twenty-minute coronary.

viper
01-08-2008, 02:01 AM
Ok how bout how many thai round kiks can be done in a min on a heavy bag.

sanjuro_ronin
01-08-2008, 05:24 AM
Well, that's knocks off those pretenders 7* and Bodhi! :D

I'm gonna hit them again tonight, hopefully somewhere where my knees don't hit the ground (I can't even try them in the sitting position there cos it's a bike rack and the bikes get in the way!)

Er, whassat then?

Pull ups = palms away from you
Chins = Palms in ( Stronger position).

sanjuro_ronin
01-08-2008, 05:25 AM

That's a tough one.
How high?
Same leg or both legs?

bodhitree
01-08-2008, 05:26 AM

too subjective, do you reset your stance, what amount of power, etc..

viper
01-08-2008, 06:16 AM
you are basically kicking off the front leg shin high to knee high off the ground. Its at full power its similar to in bloodsport when the thai guy kicks the other fighter repeatly in the shin. Do that for a min

bodhitree
01-08-2008, 06:23 AM
you are basically kicking off the front leg shin high to knee high off the ground. Its at full power its similar to in bloodsport when the thai guy kicks the other fighter repeatly in the shin. Do that for a min

some people stand with a wide stance, some people narrow, some people will kick with just speed, others with more power, some will drive their leg through the target other will only make surface contact, there is no 'right' way to do it,

hence

cannot be standardized

Mr Punch
01-08-2008, 08:26 AM
I'm with Bod on this one... can't standardise it unfortunately.

I mean, seeing as it's an MA board fitness challenge it'd be nice to have something MA related, but none of it's going to be standardisable.

On another note, I've just done 52 push-ups in a minutes, which is still crap compared to my PB but an improvement of 8 since I started this challenge malarkey... buuut I could still only manage 6 sodding pull-ups. Unbefrigginlievable :( Why am I so crap?!

Just up to 78 crunches though.

Maybe I should try them fresh at the beginning of a workout...

Mr Punch
01-08-2008, 08:32 AM
Holy ****! That means I'm number 3 in the crunches!!! :D

viper
01-08-2008, 06:01 PM
Yeh im just trying to think of some martial fitness challanges any thoughts then

viper
01-08-2008, 07:05 PM
ok how bout handstand against awall longest time???? eh eh eh

monkeyfoot
01-08-2008, 07:16 PM
Do something with punching

1) how many alternate straight punches can you do in a horse stance in one minute
2) how many fully extended fan chie punches can you do in a minute
3) how many wing chun sun punches in a minute

other stuff

1) how long can you hold a Elbow Bridge Plank for
2) how long can you hold a 90 degree horse stance for
3) how long can you hold two 10kg? dumbells out to your sides parallel to the ground

Best one of all.....Hurts SOOOOO much!

4) 1 pole/staff, 1 meter length of rope, one dumbell (kg?) hanging from center of pole. How many times can you fully reel in and then real out within 2 minutes.

lets be creative people

craig

IronFist
01-09-2008, 03:52 PM
Does "squats" mean Hindu Squats?

And do you get to take breaks? Like say I do 10 pullups and it takes 15 seconds... can I rest for a few seconds and then do some more, or is it one set or one minute, whichever comes first?

IronFist
01-09-2008, 03:54 PM
Pull ups = palms away from you
Chins = Palms in ( Stronger position).

I disagree that palms in is the stronger position.

edit - it's probably whatever you're used to. 90% of the pullups I do are with palms out, so that's probably why I feel stronger that way.

But I'd assume that since there's more lat involvement that way it would be the stronger position.

Mr Punch
01-09-2008, 04:37 PM
Does "squats" mean Hindu Squats?Dunno. What's a hindu squat?! I took it to mean a basic bodyweight squat: feet flat on the ground a maybe 1.7 x shoulder width angled out as you like for comfort/safety, squat ATG, don't raise your heels.

And do you get to take breaks? Like say I do 10 pullups and it takes 15 seconds... can I rest for a few seconds and then do some more, or is it one set or one minute, whichever comes first?I think the general consensus is you can sit on a deck chair for the first 50 secs or do a couple, have a smoke break and do a couple more, or whatever the hell you like. :eek:

bodhitree
01-09-2008, 04:55 PM
Dunno. What's a hindu squat?! I took it to mean a basic bodyweight squat: feet flat on the ground a maybe 1.7 x shoulder width angled out as you like for comfort/safety, squat ATG, don't raise your heels.

I think the general consensus is you can sit on a deck chair for the first 50 secs or do a couple, have a smoke break and do a couple more, or whatever the hell you like. :eek:

exactamundo from the punchman

Hindu squats are bodyweight squats + swinging your arm down on the way down and up on the way up. You can take all the rest you need!

sanjuro_ronin
01-10-2008, 05:21 AM
I disagree that palms in is the stronger position.

edit - it's probably whatever you're used to. 90% of the pullups I do are with palms out, so that's probably why I feel stronger that way.

But I'd assume that since there's more lat involvement that way it would be the stronger position.

You are probably right, though it seems ( for me) I can do more palms in than palms out.
Though I have been told its because the weakest link ( biceps) is in its strongest postition, but it is probably more of a "used to" think like you suggested.

IronFist
01-10-2008, 10:45 AM
Hindu squats involve coming up on the toes at the bottom.

Doing bouncing bodyweight squats but keeping your heels on the ground is supposed to be bad for your kidneys or something. I remember there was a thread about it awhile ago. I thought it sounded hokey but Ford Prefect or someone said that it was true and so I decided to not do those anymore.

Hindu squats are fine tho cuz you're coming up on your toes.

sanjuro_ronin
01-10-2008, 11:04 AM
Hindu squats involve coming up on the toes at the bottom.

Doing bouncing bodyweight squats but keeping your heels on the ground is supposed to be bad for your kidneys or something. I remember there was a thread about it awhile ago. I thought it sounded hokey but Ford Prefect or someone said that it was true and so I decided to not do those anymore.

Hindu squats are fine tho cuz you're coming up on your toes.

Bouncing bodyweight squats ?
Why would you "bounce" ?

IronFist
01-11-2008, 11:52 AM
Bouncing bodyweight squats ?
Why would you "bounce" ?

Are you pausing at the bottom?

There was a video linked to in the other discussion and the dude was sorta bouncing at the bottom. I guess "bouncing" might not be the right word tho.

sanjuro_ronin
01-11-2008, 11:56 AM
Are you pausing at the bottom?

There was a video linked to in the other discussion and the dude was sorta bouncing at the bottom. I guess "bouncing" might not be the right word tho.

Not a long pause, but a pause nevertheless, to limit momentum.
Though when I do Hindu squats I do go on the balls, but I still don't bounce per say.
I don't do Hindu's that much, bad knees and all that.
I just wondered about the "bounce" part.

Mr Punch
01-11-2008, 03:34 PM
Not a long pause, but a pause nevertheless, to limit momentum.I'm the same. Too ****ing old and weak to even dream of bouncing in any way, shape or form.

SevenStar
01-14-2008, 03:52 PM
21 pullups, beyotches!!

Mr Punch
01-14-2008, 05:22 PM
Meh, I can do that... :D just gimme three days...! :eek:

viper
01-15-2008, 03:36 AM
I will post all new results for the exercises next week. Plus ill prob stick up a pik of me doin the splits to get the bal rollin.

monkeyfoot
01-15-2008, 09:24 AM
so what exactly IS the current challenge?

i want to give ya'll a run for your money!

lol

craig

sanjuro_ronin
01-15-2008, 09:27 AM
so what exactly IS the current challenge?

i want to give ya'll a run for your money!

lol

craig

Fists of Fury

AKA: Masturbation contest :D

Mr Punch
01-28-2008, 06:41 AM
Pull-ups
1) Sevenstar 21 (15.1)
2) Viper 20
3) Shaolin Wookie 16

Crunches
1) Sevenstar 105
2) Viper 84
3) Mr Punch 80 (today!)

monkeyfoot
01-28-2008, 08:49 AM
SevenStar rocks :S

When I get home ill give the pushups a whirl...see if I can get myself on the scoreboard

whats the new challenge.....apart from sanjuro's masturbation contest?

craig

viper
01-29-2008, 02:00 AM
Ok sorry im late with my results i lost my job turns out my ex boss cant control his spending and app a weed addiction.

Any way

Pull ups : 29
Squats : 89
Crunches : 115
Pushups : 82
Dips : 50

bodhitree
07-15-2008, 09:12 AM
for no reason....

David Jamieson
07-15-2008, 09:33 AM
just wanna say that this thread is moot without video proof.

do your thing, video it, post it to you tube, disallow commentary if you want
and then your tags of 80npush ups and pullups etc will be valid.

until then, it's just little marks on the page and there is no proof of anything and so, there can't be any sort of challenge other than who can type higher numbers than the other guy.

as for the honour system... well, this is kfm for pete's sake and you're all anon!

blah!

sanjuro_ronin
07-15-2008, 09:35 AM
just wanna say that this thread is moot without video proof.

do your thing, video it, post it to you tube, disallow commentary if you want
and then your tags of 80npush ups and pullups etc will be valid.

until then, it's just little marks on the page and there is no proof of anything and so, there can't be any sort of challenge other than who can type higher numbers than the other guy.

as for the honour system... well, this is kfm for pete's sake and you're all anon!

blah!

LOL !!
Too true !

Mr Punch
07-15-2008, 04:36 PM
just wanna say that this thread is moot without video proof...My, what an original idea... tell you what: why don't you **** off?

It was just a bit of fun you anal wart.

'sides, no I'm back from injury, I'll just be whipping out those 150 crunches, 50 chi-ups and 2000 ***** raises later! I'll post results. :D

lianweizhi
07-30-2008, 08:30 AM
Just came across this thread... I am trying to come back from arguably what has been my worst shape in 10 years or so. I'll probably start logging some results next week.

As for new challenges, what about leopard fist pushups?

Pistols or one legged squats would be good too.