PDA

View Full Version : Wu-hsin/Wu-wei

Little Wing
09-12-2000, 08:52 PM
Hi,I'm trying to live my life with happiness. I'm very fond of philosophy and it seems to be the best way to solve all our problems. Recently I decided to investigate Eastern Philosophy and became known to the principles of Wu-hsin,(no-mindedness), and Wu-wei,(no-action). These 2 principles make alot of sense and I understand them well. But I'm wondering if anyone out there has applied these principles, and became successful? I'm talking about using these principles in context to life not just martial arts. If anyone has any info, PLEASE let me know.

------------------

origenx
09-12-2000, 10:07 PM
Definitely, ever since I "gave up my ego" and just went with the flow years ago, my life has steadily improved considerably and I have become far more relaxed and stress-free.

Christians might call this "giving their life to God"

Taoists would simply call this going with the flow, Nature's course.

Same thing. You just leggo your ego and run on cosmic autopilot.

Little Wing
09-13-2000, 12:45 AM
Thank you for your reply. Was this "letting your ego go" a very difficult thing to do? I've only been working on this for a week now, and so far Its been very frustrating. It's hard for me to just get rid of my consciousness and let my mind be free. I know in order to do this you must go the way of non-action. Is there any advice you can give me in order to help me in this process?

------------------

origenx
09-13-2000, 11:16 PM
Yes, it was. But with each step, as your life improves and your worries decrease, it becomes easier and easier. It becomes a feedback loop that will bring you closer and closer to the way.

Relaxation is deceptively difficult, isn't it?

Little Wing
09-13-2000, 11:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by origenx:
Yes, it was. But with each step, as your life improves and your worries decrease, it becomes easier and easier. It becomes a feedback loop that will bring you closer and closer to the way.

Relaxation is deceptively difficult, isn't it?
[/quote]

I'm an artist. I enjoy painting and thats why I'm here in school. I've been painting for so long that I dont even have to think about painting when I'm painting. I become the painting; I'm not aware of myself or any technique I'm using. This is what "Tao" is, right? When you arent aware of yourself, you become what ever is in front of you. The subject becomes the object and vice versa. You drift effortlessly.

------------------

Little Wing
09-13-2000, 11:31 PM
I'm I supposed to just say, "skrew it", to every thing that bothers me? Just froget about my fears and put all my problems in perpective?
I think I'm trying to hard.

------------------

origenx
09-19-2000, 08:08 PM
Well, you say you've been at this only for a week or 2, so you can't expect overnight results. It's a gradual process that happens over months and years! You must lose your fear of losing control and just allow the mighty currents of the universe to carry you to and fro. That initially is not very easy! But as your individual ego slowly fades, you will naturally be bothered by less and less stuff. (I can explain this more in depth later - it just gets highly philosophical.) Thus with each step, the Way gets closer and easier.

Yes, in your painting you have tasted the Way. You just let it happen, right? You don't force it, resist it or try to make it happen. Now, imagine applying that to your whole life. How effortless yet beautiful it could become as well.

Taosim:

It is easier to put on shoes than to carpet the world.

Where there is a will, there is no Way.
Where there is the Way, there is no will