PDA

View Full Version : Dragon 2000 - Jeet Kune Do in Germany

Andreas
09-13-2000, 01:01 AM
DRAGON 2000 - Jeet Kune Do in Germany

On the anniversary of the late great Bruce Lee two Wing Chun schools in Bonn and Cologne will present an exciting seminar with Scotland Sifu Tommy Carruthers.

Sifu Carruthers has trained under BruceÂ’s students from Seattle, Oakland and Los Angeles. In Seattle it was Sifu Jesse R Glover (BruceÂ’s first student). In Oakland it was Sifu Howard Williams (BruceÂ’s best student in Oakland). In Los Angeles it was the highly regarded Sifu Ted Wong. Currently Sifu Carruthers is a member of the JKD nucleus and is an instructor under Sifu Ted Wong: http://pages.infinit.net/xtlee/ted/instructors.html

Sifu Carruthers is a unique martial artist. Not only is his background in JKD but also in Wing Chun, Karate and boxing. Unlike many martial arts teachers Sifu Carruthers worked for several years as a bouncer in nightclubs. He had many opportunities to use what he had learned in real situation and these experience have directed his teachings toward only the things that work.

The first time that Sifu Glover saw Tommy punch he told him that he punched with speed and power of Bruce. It wasnÂ’t until two years later that he saw Tommy kick and when he did he told him that he also kicks with BruceÂ’s speed and power.

Tommy is about BruceÂ’s size and weight. He has a very good strength to weight ratio and is a lot like Bruce. He has fast twitch muscles and explodes when he strikes. At the San Francisco meeting of the JKD Nucleus he broke the hand of the man who was holding the focus mitt during one of the punching drills.

Steve Smith a little known but excellent martial artist in America made the following statement: I had the pleasure of holding the focus mitt at the Los Angeles JKD convention but after two hits to the glove I had to decline to hold it anymore. The force of those two strikes bruised my palm through the mitt. Tommy has amazing speed, power and technical ability. I would not have believed that a person his size could generate such speed and power if I hadnÂ’t experienced it.

Sifu Glover made the following statement: If you want to see and experience what a person can do through dedication to practicing Bruce LeeÂ’s martial art you owe it to yourself to attend Sifu CarruthersÂ’ seminar.

As an added bonus the seminar will present a good copy of the widely circulate Bruce Lee backyard footage.

SEMINAR DETAILS:

Place: Wing Chun Schule Michael Schweitz
Argelander Straße 81
53115 Bonn

Date: 25. – 26. November

Time: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. (each day, so altogether
12 hours of training)

Bring: “clean” sports shoes, if possible a kicking shield
(we already have focus mitts)

Price: 100,-DM one day, 199,-DM both days

ATTENTION: REGISTER EARLY, LIMITED SPACE!

Let us know if you want to participate in the workout or just watch! Additionally thereÂ’s also room for private instruction.
For anyone who is interested Sifu Carruthers is willing to give a dynamic demonstration of JKD with his son. After the demonstration there will be a discussion of JKD, combat and training methods. All of this comes with registration so contact us NOW!!!

Register at:

Andreas Mertsch
Haus-Berge-Straße 101
45356 Essen
West-Germany
Tel.: ++49-(0)201-6143895
Fax: ++49-(0)40-3603625888
Email: JKDSeminar2000@aol.com