PDA

View Full Version : What's your lineage

Kymus
09-18-2000, 12:15 AM
I was just currious as to how everyones lineage links back up to Sijo.

I learned under Sifu Rick Tucci at the Princeton Academy of Martial Arts.
Sifu is a Full Instructor in JKD, certified by Guro Dan Inosanto.

"Crosstraining is the key"
~Sifu Rick Tucci~

09-18-2000, 08:37 PM
I first studied with a student of Ron Kealoha's who was a student of Bruce Lee from The Seattle era about the same time I started attending seminars with Ted Wong one of the best from the LA/chinatown era.
But becuase I wanted to become proficient in all eras of Jun Fan and not just one I decided to study under Sifu Lamar Davis who has studied with over 16 of Bruce Lee's Students from Seattle Oakland and La/Chinatown and is fully certified.

Promoting Peace through JKD

GinSueDog
09-19-2000, 01:39 AM
The instructors I have trained were as follows.

For Jun Fan JKD: My instructor was Richard Bustillo who was a student of Bruce Lee and was later certiflied by Dan Inosanto.

For JKD Concepts: My instructor was Daniel Sullivan in Newport who was a student of Dan Inosanto.

For PFS: My instructor was Ryan Clark(which I only trained with for a few weeks) who was certiflied by Paul Vunak who was himself a student of Dan Inosanto.

I used to think lineage was important, that the closer to bruce Lee the better, hmmm I actually think that the truth is closer to the opposite if that makes any sense. I haven't trained with a JKD man is almost a year, but I still consider myself inessence practicing JKD no matter what art I am currently studing.

"The grappling arts imply most fights end up on the ground...take them there. The striking arts imply all fights start standing up...keep them there. The mixed martial arts imply any fight can go anywhere...be ready and able to go everywhere."-a mix martial artist

09-22-2000, 11:26 PM
Hi guys

Lineage huh? Ok, if you feel it's important /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I am an Instructor under Sifu Marc McFann, who is a Full Instructor under Guro Inosanto. I teach in England.

YODA
Combative Edge Academy (http://combatedge.cjb.net)

"No - try not.
Do - or do not.
There is no try."