PDA

View Full Version : Tai Shing Pek Kwar Monkey Kung Fu

iron_silk
11-09-2007, 01:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tnzeLZk9n4

Demo of staff, sword, and aura palm

CLFNole
11-09-2007, 01:39 PM
Make it stop please....where do these people come from?

Utter crapola. Is he from Team Zink?

mickey
11-09-2007, 09:26 PM
Greetings,

I looked at the guys videos and they need a new soundtrack.

I humbly suggest the sound of Kurt Russell screaming for his life in Deathproof after his car got rammed.

mickey

B-Rad
11-10-2007, 09:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRY8YDYRECg

Looks like Zink's form.

lkfmdc
11-10-2007, 09:55 AM
"Paulie, he likes to be called Paulie, he is a real monkey man"

:rolleyes:

diego
11-10-2007, 04:22 PM
"Paulie, he likes to be called Paulie, he is a real monkey man"

:rolleyes:

maybe he can learn some jj and come with that next ****...."P's Chicken Choke da Monkey Circus Wrists"

orsomething

iron_silk
11-10-2007, 06:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WfhbJhCwnE

what you guys think of him? even though I know he is from Paulie Zink I actually think he looks ok...doing whatever he is doing.

SIFU RON
11-10-2007, 09:29 PM
Very, very good job.

The Monkey is an exremely demanding Style, both phyiscally and mentally.
Paulie is one of the best I have ever seen. I saw him perform his " Monkey" Kung Fu years ago, and, I'll tell ya what, it takes your breath away.

The Monkey is also an excellant fighting system. Very evasive and dangerous.

Thank you

Sifu Ron

B-Rad
11-11-2007, 03:10 PM
what you guys think of him? even though I know he is from Paulie Zink I actually think he looks ok...doing whatever he is doing.
Yesterday 06:22 PM
I kind of liked his form a bit better than Zink's though the kicks looked a little odd to me. I still think it looks weird, but seemed more solid overall.

Flying-Monkey
12-07-2007, 04:43 PM
If anyone is interested, TSPK classes will start in January close to Philly.

Eddie
12-08-2007, 03:53 AM
Very, very good job.

The Monkey is an exremely demanding Style, both phyiscally and mentally.
Paulie is one of the best I have ever seen. I saw him perform his " Monkey" Kung Fu years ago, and, I'll tell ya what, it takes your breath away.

The Monkey is also an excellant fighting system. Very evasive and dangerous.

Thank you

Sifu Ron

If you think that is good, then you will be blown away when you see REAL Tai Shing Pek Gwar from a REAL Master. Check out this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPfYApv7gzU , and tell me if " Paulie is one of the best I have ever seen" is still valid.

Just for background info, The master in the video I linked is Chow Keung. Back in 2000 (or circa that), the REAL TSPKM exposed Paulie Zink for being a fraud. They issued a challange to him, and Sifu Chow Keung was willing (and very much able) to fight Paulie Zink. Sifu Chow is short, and veyr much older than Zink (at that time he was about 55 - hes 61 now), but still very much a fighter.

Eddie
12-08-2007, 04:00 AM
One more thing,
TSPK only has a few monkey sets. I think 5 empty hand sets, and two weapon sets. The monkey part of TSPK is only taught to very advanced students. Sifu Chow told me that he only learned the first monkey set when he was in his 40's, and he started training with CSC when he was a little kid. Sifu Chow told me he only learned 3 monkey fist sets. I was with sifu Chow during november, and he told me that next year CSC will teach him the second last monkey set. When he told me, he was like an exited little kid.

The video shows some young guys learning the monkey set, which is pretty strange, as it took people that are very close to the source 40 years to learn the first sets.

Flying-Monkey
12-08-2007, 04:28 AM
The video shows some young guys learning the monkey set, which is pretty strange, as it took people that are very close to the source 40 years to learn the first sets.

Things are starting to change.

Eddie
12-08-2007, 05:29 AM
ok, thats good then.

Whos going to teach the classes in Philly?

Flying-Monkey
12-08-2007, 05:54 AM
I have been given that honor.

Seppukku
12-08-2007, 09:03 AM
Are you sure you have the ranking priveleges? I mean, are you a 10th Dan? Or at least an 8th (an acting 10th)?

Flying-Monkey
12-08-2007, 09:40 AM
There are no Dan in TSPK. And Sigung Chan Sau Chung himself is allowing me to teach.

Seppukku
12-08-2007, 09:54 AM
Very nice. I'm pretty sure there's some Dans in Tai Shing, but I'm just a beginner, yet, and only repeating things I've been told by my seniors.

Flying-Monkey
12-08-2007, 10:02 AM
There are no dan in TSPK.

Seppukku
12-08-2007, 10:05 AM
Where are you getting your information from?

Try the following website:

Flying-Monkey
12-08-2007, 10:09 AM
Where are you getting your information from?

Try the following website:

From Sigung himself.

Seppukku
12-08-2007, 10:09 AM
From Sigung himself.

What's a sigung? Is that a grandmaster?

Flying-Monkey
12-08-2007, 10:15 AM

If you have to ask...

Yes, it basically means Grand Master.

doug maverick
12-08-2007, 10:25 AM

dude you study chinese kung fu and you son;t know what a sigung is? dans are a jarate thing there are no and shouldn't be any dans in tai shing pek kwar or any kung fu system. chances are if your not studing from GM chans line, you might be training with a fraud. even thou i'm sure there are other legitimate tspk masters in the world not in chnas line. i think chan and his sons are the only ones in the western hemisphere. i could be wrong but i'm sure i'm not.

Eddie
12-08-2007, 11:47 AM
ignore him flying monkey ;)
its the same guy that worked you up before. i dont think he has a real issue with tspk or csc (or cts for that matter). Hes just trying to push people.

otherwise pretty funny guy

Flying-Monkey
12-08-2007, 11:51 AM
ignore him flying monkey ;)
its the same guy that worked you up before. i dont think he has a real issue with tspk or csc (or cts for that matter). Hes just trying to push people.

otherwise pretty funny guy

Youre probably right.:)

Seppukku
12-08-2007, 12:17 PM
dans are a jarate thing there are no and shouldn't be any dans in tai shing pek kwar or any kung fu system.

What is Jarate? Is that Japanese karate? And if so, isn't that redundant?

If Sigung means grandmaster, why not just say Grandmaster, or Sensei, or even Grandmaster Sensei? My Sigung is Japanese American, and his Grandmaster Sigung is Half-Chinese/Half-Japanese, so I call them Grandmaster Sensei. Isn't that the same thing as Sigung? We do so out of respect for their heritage.

doug maverick
12-08-2007, 12:52 PM
What is Jarate? Is that Japanese karate? And if so, isn't that redundant?

If Sigung means grandmaster, why not just say Grandmaster, or Sensei, or even Grandmaster Sensei? My Sigung is Japanese American, and his Grandmaster Sigung is Half-Chinese/Half-Japanese, so I call them Grandmaster Sensei. Isn't that the same thing as Sigung? We do so out of respect for their heritage.

i meant karate. the thing is system is chinese and there for use's chinese terminology. so sensei would be incorrect in that context. grandmaster sensei is truly redundant. but whatever, who do you train TSPK with?

Seppukku
12-08-2007, 01:16 PM
A Tenth Dan of Tai Shing Pek Kwar of Chan Tai San's lineage. Through Ukeno-sama, and Takeshi-San. They place more stock in their Japanese lineages in Japanese arts (also studying Lin-Kuei Ninjitsu, so we stick to Dans). It would be ridiculously redundant to call them Sigung Grandmaster Senseis, so we drop the Chinese terminology. It's like if a Karate master had an 8th degree in Mantis....it would be stupid to call him Sigung Sensei-san. If I'm not mistaken, Flying Monkey's teacher taught Chan Tai San, or the other way around. So he's kind of like a cousin to my teacher. I guess he's my martial Uncle.

Flying-Monkey
12-08-2007, 02:06 PM
A Tenth Dan of Tai Shing Pek Kwar of Chan Tai San's lineage. Through Ukeno-sama, and Takeshi-San. They place more stock in their Japanese lineages in Japanese arts (also studying Lin-Kuei Ninjitsu, so we stick to Dans). It would be ridiculously redundant to call them Sigung Grandmaster Senseis, so we drop the Chinese terminology. It's like if a Karate master had an 8th degree in Mantis....it would be stupid to call him Sigung Sensei-san. If I'm not mistaken, Flying Monkey's teacher taught Chan Tai San, or the other way around. So he's kind of like a cousin to my teacher. I guess he's my martial Uncle.

LOL! Not this again.

Eddie
12-10-2007, 06:22 AM
flying monkey recently graded to 11th dan, which then makes him your sifus siheng. You should call him Sibak, but cause hes american, simply Great Sir, will do.

lkfmdc
12-10-2007, 07:46 AM
The moderators really need to clean up this forum. It has hit an all time low. And if they don't clean up the racist crap, eventually someone like the ACLU will harass them about it