PDA

View Full Version : San Francisco - who's part of that "wulin"?

omarthefish
11-12-2007, 01:39 PM
After being overseas for most of the past 7 years I am back in San Francisco which is where I have some serious southern style roots. I trained Hung Gar for years and am friends with some of the top Choi li Fut and WC guys in town. Other stuff too but since I left back in 99 my old south style friends have stuck with it and are now 12 or 15 year students. Some have been back to Guangdong to hook up with the family heads and so on.

So now I'm curious who on these boards is also part of that scene.

Maybe we have friends in common. Who knows.

hskwarrior
11-12-2007, 02:32 PM
i'm from the hung sing kwoon sf, under gm Salvatera.

omarthefish
11-12-2007, 03:36 PM
Right on.

So you must know Hannibal.

hskwarrior
11-12-2007, 03:47 PM
of course hannibal is the dai sihing of our school. :D

omarthefish
11-12-2007, 03:53 PM
I trained a bit with Hannible back in the 90's. A couple of his top students and me go way back. I was catching up with them and one had gone with Dino over to Guangdong bunch of times. Even learned Cantonese. Couldn't f-ing believe it.

So what part of town you train in? I'm in Daly City but I pass through Chinatown a fair bit. I seem to remember Dino's school was out in the avenues somewhere. That where you train these days or just where you came out of.

hskwarrior
11-12-2007, 04:29 PM
i'm out there on my own right now teaching at golden gate park. but i live in daly city, and looking to train some people out here too.

what part of daly city you from?

omarthefish
11-12-2007, 04:32 PM
I'm right on the "top of the hill" not far from the Daly City BART.

I'm kind of tentatively planning on getting into some Kali on saturdays but if we're that close, maybe we should hook up. Small town SF. I have another friend I'm probably gonna pick up a Choi Li Fut form or two from. I used to almost know one of them just from watching it so many times.

hskwarrior
11-12-2007, 04:33 PM
i do latosa escrima too

omarthefish
11-12-2007, 04:34 PM
lol.

Figures.