PDA

View Full Version : Chuka Footage

Ng Jit
11-12-2007, 09:26 PM
I spoke to my Sifu Manuel and he has decided to share with everyone his performance in the 1988 Long Beach internationals. We are digitizing it now and we will be putting it up in about 3 days.

Sifu Manuel Rodriguez wanted to share this statement with all of you:

"All Southern Praying Mantis is related and to quote my teacher Master Sammy Wong: 'No man is god, no man know everything.'

To spite his great skill and prowess he was never dellusional. He use to say "Sometimes win, sometimes loose."

He was by far the most skill full Martial Artist I have ever trained with and I do not make this statement lightly, for I have trained with Richard Chun, Joseph Hayes, Pablo Alejandro, Shehan Wally Barber, Master Kuniba, Sifu Jack Moi, Sifu Sammy Wong, Sifu Dr. Brian Wu and Sifu Henry Poo Yee and I say again he is the most skill full out of all these masters.

Please don't take this as a boast for that is not my intention, it is purely to honor the most skill full Martial Artist I have ever known. I would like to personally thank my students Gabriel Warwick and Chris Arnold for all their assistance. With respect to all my southern praying mantis brothers and sisters.

Take care, God bless and may your training bring you must success,
Sifu Manuel Rodriguez"

If you have any questions you can contact me by sending a pm...

Thanks Gabriel Warwick

Ng Jit
11-14-2007, 03:45 PM
Here is the footage on youtube of my sifu doing som bo gin and the white lotus iron rulers sets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_UcuRX0QiI

ittokaos
11-14-2007, 03:57 PM
Nice! Thanks for that!

WinterPalm
11-14-2007, 06:38 PM
Yeah, that vid was very cool!

Ao Qin
11-15-2007, 06:34 PM
Good instructor - good TCMA applications! Thanks for sharing this.

Cheers - AQ

Ao Qin
11-15-2007, 06:41 PM
Nice set - moved from there to "Scientific fighting" from Australia - close quarter combat knife defense - theory to practice - awesome TCMA!

Cheers - AQ

Ng Jit
11-16-2007, 02:37 AM
:) you are welcome pretty neat eh?

Ng Jit
11-17-2007, 11:01 AM
So what do you guys think? I know it is a good of course it is it is my sifu lol :D
But do you have any questions because chu gar is rather rare....

ManuelSifu
11-17-2007, 05:58 PM
We just returned from our annual school picnic in sunny Ventura California and what a wonderful time it was. Meeting and talking with all kinds of people and Martial Artist and I was thinking what a wonderful thing it would be if people who practiced similar arts had a gathering to discuss ideas and just get to know one another. Perhaps here in Ventura would be nice.

ittokaos
11-17-2007, 09:48 PM
Good idea.