PDA

View Full Version : Bok Mei Staff Video w/ Chan Tai-San

Lama Pai Sifu
11-13-2007, 06:40 AM
Here is an old clip from either '91 or '92.

It is of my Sifu and I walking through a basic staff form, Saam Muyhn Gwun (Three Gate/Door Staff) from the Bok Mei style.

It's only 35 or so moves, so it'll be easy for anyone to pic up, I think there is only about 17 unique moves to the form, about half of them repeat.

Just thought I'd put it up there in case anyone was interested in picking up a beginner level set. My Sifu showed me this pattern to help beginners get introduced to staff work. Our CLF or Lama staff forms are much longer and more complicated to learn - beginners often get frustrated quickly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9nhliAAUgI

I've got a lot of old CTS footage that I'm going to be putting up over the next few weeks...so check out my youtube channel.

drleungjohn
11-13-2007, 11:06 PM
Wasn't that the school upstairs on Old Country Rd in Mineola?

I was there a long time ago just to pay my respects if it's the same school-

Lama Pai Sifu
11-13-2007, 11:17 PM
Yes, that was my 1st school.

Opened it in 1991, before that, I used to hang out at my classmates school in the city.

Looks like we must have met already.

CLFLPstudent
11-13-2007, 11:22 PM
Wasn't that the school upstairs on Old Country Rd in Mineola?

I was there a long time ago just to pay my respects if it's the same school-

Yup! Ah those summer days above the Pizza place's ovens! It would get so hot in there!

Unfortunately I was not around yet when SiGung Chan Tai San was.

As a matter of fact, I think it's a Capoeira school now....

-David

CLFLPstudent
11-13-2007, 11:26 PM
Sifu - you're on late!

The videos look great!

-David

cjurakpt
11-13-2007, 11:30 PM
As a matter of fact, I think it's a Capoeira school now....
no, it's a Portugese cultural center that supposedly offers Capoeira classes (but evidently doesn't respond to messages left by interested parties inquiring about instruction in same)

CLFLPstudent
11-13-2007, 11:36 PM
no, it's a Portugese cultural center that supposedly offers Capoeira classes (but evidently doesn't respond to messages left by interested parties inquiring about instruction in same)

Ah, I see. Well, it does say Capoeira on the windows.

Man the pizza place used to bang on their ceiling ( the schools floor) while we did jumping jacks. I can't imagine what a classroom full of capoeirista's would sound like down there!

-David