PDA

View Full Version : missed a movie opportunity

hskwarrior
11-13-2007, 11:42 AM
Man, i recently missed a movie opportunity.

one of my friends who is a buk sing guy, is in a bunch of movies, and has even been in the last samurai.

anyways, he sent me an email a little too late, but there was an opportunity to be extra's in an underground fight scene filmed here in sf.

oh well, said he'd keep me posted for the next one.

see ya in the movies folks......just kidding.

i'll give my autograph later. :D

brothernumber9
11-13-2007, 01:20 PM
I'm gonna be in an upcoming episode of "Take Home Handyman" on TLC. Hurray for me.

CLFNole
11-13-2007, 01:23 PM
Bro #9

Did you get Andrew Dan Jumbo to fix your house?

brothernumber9
11-13-2007, 01:56 PM
yeah. It's my brother's house, who bought our childhood home. I was just the relative that comes in and helps, but they put me in a whole lot of scenes. We just taped this weekend past. Andrew's a cool dude. There's a whole scene where my brother and I were working on a table and we're just jonin' on Dan-Jumbo the whole time. I hope they keep it that scene in.
I assume the show will air early next year, probably Feb or so. It's going to be the season finale.
It's pretty rediculous, but a whole lot of fun and the entire production crew were the coolest; all good people.

CLFNole
11-13-2007, 01:59 PM
Are there more people behind the scenes that help with construction and stuff that you don't see on TV?

hskwarrior
11-13-2007, 02:02 PM
very cool.....:D

brothernumber9
11-13-2007, 02:36 PM
I'm not sure if it's considered alot or not. There's the director. There are several production assistants that chip in doing things like painting, setup, cleaning, placement, getting people on set where they need to be, interview green screen stuff, questions, slating, etc. There is one other carpenter with Andrew Dan-Jumbo that does most of the building during shooting. Then there is Andrew's brother Ray, who really does alot of the cosmetics work behind the scenes, painting, drywall, staining, patch work, everything and he has one or two guys that help him.
There was one lighting guy, one sound guy, and two cameramen. About 12 or 13 total I think.

CLFNole
11-13-2007, 02:38 PM
Did you guys have to apply to get on the show? I am guessing yes but wasn't sure exactly how that goes.

brothernumber9
11-14-2007, 05:39 AM
My brother's wife knew one of the producers through a friend, but they still had to do a video submission and an interview before they were selected.