PDA

View Full Version : Practice qi gong and/or meditation to music?

Destrous9
04-20-2001, 02:53 AM
Does anyone pracitce qi gong, or meditate to music?

If so what kind?
Any recommendations on CD's, or free download sites on the web?

"Deep down inside of all of us is the power to accomplish what we want to, if we'll just stop looking elsewhere."

joedoe
04-22-2001, 03:03 AM
I've found the gentle 'New Age' music is OK to meditate to. It can help to stop that internal dialogue. I don't know of any good ones, my friends usually just bring theirs along and I listen to that.

Guns don't kill people, I kill people

twktcc
04-22-2001, 03:30 PM
Hello,
My taiji/ qigong teacher uses her qigong teacher's music. His name is Kong Tai. I use it at home for my daily practice and wow !! I can really "connect" to it. I cant really explain it but you can feel the music.
Here is a link to some (poorly translated) info about Kong Tai. http://www.chinaqigong.net/english/qgsk/kt.htm
Im not sure if his cd's are available on line anywhere.
Regards,
Dave

"Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries"

Repulsive Monkey
04-22-2001, 06:05 PM
I quite enjoy doing my Da Lu's to Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. But thats just my own personal preference.

sifuskafar
04-28-2001, 04:13 AM
Chi Kung and music?
Listen and enjoy music.
Practice Chi Kung.

Meditation and music?
Listen and enjoy music. Even dance to music.
Practice meditation.

Best Wishes

Sifu

prana
05-16-2001, 06:49 AM
I listen to chantings of Tibetan monks. Their voices shake steer most people but I find it generates compassion.

Others think they should be death metal vocalists... :)

Om Mani Pemme hung...

What is occupying that corpse you call 'I' ?

origenx
05-17-2001, 08:08 PM
prana - where can you get some of those tibetan monk CDs?

prana
05-21-2001, 02:24 AM
originex

The one I like is entitled the sounds of Tibet. It starts of with the morning sounds of cymbals etc...

Then monks and nuns chanting in groups. It is all very real and unedited as you literally hear them cough and choke over their salivas but hey, its the content that counts :)

What is occupying that corpse you call 'I' ?