View Full Version : Action!

Jingwu Man
11-13-2007, 01:20 PM
I like this! Pretty neat. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeRSepyuQCA
I'd hate to fight him.

street_fighter
11-13-2007, 02:20 PM
oh please, he was just slapping, and wiggling. remeniscent of kip from napolean dynamite. all that bowing made me want to puke. so he could have hurt him, but he didn't want to. thats new.

Jingwu Man
11-13-2007, 02:29 PM
Ha, I know.:) I just like it because after like ten seconds the big guy wanted to stop, and the Shaolin guy was all serious. I just thought it was funny.

Citong Shifu
11-13-2007, 04:03 PM
Ha, I know.:) I just like it because after like ten seconds the big guy wanted to stop, and the Shaolin guy was all serious. I just thought it was funny.

Actually, I saw it a little different. The big guy stoped after he about hit the monk guy in the head... Not impressed, at all...

tattooedmonk
11-13-2007, 04:12 PM
Actually, I saw it a little different. The big guy stoped after he about hit the monk guy in the head... Not impressed, at all...he did smack him in the face.

Pk_StyLeZ
11-13-2007, 08:51 PM
i saw a bunch of slapping that about it....look like both side were just slapping and blocking wildly.....

bawang
11-13-2007, 09:16 PM
does anyone know what happened here? the monk looked really angry. i don't think he expected to get slapped. maybe he thought the guy was insulting him.

kungfujunky
11-13-2007, 09:42 PM
he stepped in to cross hands.

a slap should be expected. the monk got owned pretty good there

Pk_StyLeZ
11-13-2007, 10:06 PM

jus cuz u a monk dont make u invincible...in a battle....everyone will get hit...just who get hurt less is the winner.....

but ya the monk was probably embarass dat he got hit like that so i guess he got mad...but i dont know..his facial expression stayyed the same..he looked mad early before the fite even started already.....
and the big guy probably didnt want to get his ass whooped after he hit him so he ran..or he felt bad for embarassng the monk so he stopped fighting cuz he didnt want to embarass him more??

story could go either way

bawang
11-14-2007, 07:35 AM

what's cross hands? what kind of kung fu does slapping for sparring?

Citong Shifu
11-14-2007, 07:44 AM
what's cross hands? what kind of kung fu does slapping for sparring?

That would be "MODERN KUNG FU" lol... :D

doug maverick
11-14-2007, 08:56 AM
looks like they were slap boxing to me but i think they were doing that to keep it safe. you never slapped box before in the streets with your freinds. or maybe thats just my hood

Wong Ying Home
11-14-2007, 09:07 AM
In China, it is considered rude and insult to attack the face, when faced with someone who is supposed to be of a higher level than you, and it was a freindly exchange. Thats why the monk was pizzed, and why he gave the white guy a good slap at the end, to regain face in front of people.

It's a cultural thing

Citong Shifu
11-14-2007, 09:18 AM
In China, it is considered rude and insult to attack the face, when faced with someone who is supposed to be of a higher level than you, and it was a freindly exchange. Thats why the monk was pizzed, and why he gave the white guy a good slap at the end, to regain face in front of people.

It's a cultural thing

You mean, the white guy "let" the monk slap him in the face at the end. The last demo given by the monk, the white guy didn't even move. Oh well, statis isn't everything. As seen.

Citong Shifu
11-14-2007, 09:21 AM

It's a cultural thing

Not true! Traditional CMA culture is "always be ready for anything" & "never take for granted the other side". Secondly - Don't get your a$$ kicked! Even when exchanging technique every movemnt is alive with intent, not dead and useless... Once again, not impressed, at all.....

B-Rad
11-14-2007, 10:13 AM
Looks like the whole thing was kind of silly to begin with... one slap hardly means getting "owned", I've got pretty quick hands too if I'm not putting power into anything. The big dude did try to stop after slapping the monk, and didn't seem to be too sure what to do after that. No one should be getting mad or embarrassed over a little play fighting exchange like that.

bawang
11-14-2007, 10:55 AM
they said "he will give you one punch, can you demonstrate a little". i don't think he expected light speed slapping, hehe

Pk_StyLeZ
11-15-2007, 06:37 PM
another angle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1KfVF5ORd4

doug maverick
11-15-2007, 07:59 PM
acording to the guy shannon the monk wasn;t mad at the slap and that they are good friends. and he is goign to visit him in 08. might be a set up he might get to shaolin temple and then they close the gates behind him and yonxin comes out and says you slapped a shaolin you must not be abale to live. monks attack. and all the shaolin sanda fights come out and start fighting. cut to the end of the fights all the monks are on the ground with hand marks on there face, and shannon is standing over the abbot and says man you come straight out of a comic book.

Pk_StyLeZ
11-15-2007, 08:59 PM
acording to the guy shannon the monk wasn;t mad at the slap and that they are good friends. and he is goign to visit him in 08. might be a set up he might get to shaolin temple and then they close the gates behind him and yonxin comes out and says you slapped a shaolin you must not be abale to live. monks attack. and all the shaolin sanda fights come out and start fighting. cut to the end of the fights all the monks are on the ground with hand marks on there face, and shannon is standing over the abbot and says man you come straight out of a comic book.

lol
and then it is posted on youtube
and shannon says he is good friend with all the monks
and he will visit again in 2009?
to be continued

doug maverick
11-15-2007, 10:22 PM
yea in 09 he decides not to go to shaolin but to chen village. but the chen elders heard about him slapping around the monks and call in some steroid jacked MMA fighters. when shannon enters the villiage looking to do some tai chi the MMA guys jump out while the chen elders are laughing tstroking their beards. Cut to everybody and there momma on the floor with slap marks on there face and shannon is standing over one of the elders who is cowering at his awesome slap boxing abilities. while shannon yells::imitating SHO NUFF:: WHOSE THE MASTER??