PDA

View Full Version : New Shuai Jiao School

wiz cool c
11-13-2007, 11:24 PM
Any of you read any of my post know I've been living in Beijing for a year and a half, studying Bagua and Shuai Jiao. I recently switch schools. My old school was young kids and some young teenagers. My old coach was a greco roman wrestler who learned some chinese style wrestling. The new school is unbelievable. I really feel fortunate to have found this place.

It has it's own one floor building dedicated to chinese style wrestling. The walls surrounding the building have paintings of Shuai jiao men. Inside the facility the floors are covered with mats. There is all the traditional Shuai Jiao training equipment.

The guys are some national team players. They train full time. Todays class consisted of worm ups,solo routines, some free style grip drill and sparring. I did well in sparring with these guys to my surprise. I was expecting to get killed. First guy I sparred was a little bigger than me and a lot more skilled. He was holding back but I was putting up a fight. Second guy was about my size and may be some what of a beginner. I got him several times,mostly with leg grab throw which was a counter to his otoshi type throw and a bagua throw, I use a lot in sparring. Last match was against a very tough guy who was a lot smaller then me. this match went back and forth.

I will take a video of this place and put it up here in a week or so. If anyone ever want to come here and do some training in Bagua,Tai Chi, Xing Yi or Shuai Jiao let me know. I'll help you out anyway I can. There are lots of teaching jobs for native english speakers here in Beijing. the training is inexpensive as well.

Lucas
11-15-2007, 11:50 AM
Any of you read any of my post know I've been living in Beijing for a year and a half, studying Bagua and Shuai Jiao. I recently switch schools. My old school was young kids and some young teenagers. My old coach was a greco roman wrestler who learned some chinese style wrestling. The new school is unbelievable. I really feel fortunate to have found this place.

It has it's own one floor building dedicated to chinese style wrestling. The walls surrounding the building have paintings of Shuai jiao men. Inside the facility the floors are covered with mats. There is all the traditional Shuai Jiao training equipment.

The guys are some national team players. They train full time. Todays class consisted of worm ups,solo routines, some free style grip drill and sparring. I did well in sparring with these guys to my surprise. I was expecting to get killed. First guy I sparred was a little bigger than me and a lot more skilled. He was holding back but I was putting up a fight. Second guy was about my size and may be some what of a beginner. I got him several times,mostly with leg grab throw which was a counter to his otoshi type throw and a bagua throw, I use a lot in sparring. Last match was against a very tough guy who was a lot smaller then me. this match went back and forth.

I will take a video of this place and put it up here in a week or so. If anyone ever want to come here and do some training in Bagua,Tai Chi, Xing Yi or Shuai Jiao let me know. I'll help you out anyway I can. There are lots of teaching jobs for native english speakers here in Beijing. the training is inexpensive as well.

How long are you planning on staying in Beijing?

wiz cool c
11-18-2007, 03:44 AM
If all goes well at least two more years.