PDA

View Full Version : Mantis master Lee Kam Wing

GeneChing
11-15-2007, 04:29 PM
Check out our latest e-zine article Lee Kam Wing: A True Master (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=737) by Robert T. Tuohey.

oasis
11-16-2007, 05:27 AM
nice article, lee kam wing studied with my first kung fu teacher, raymond ming loy (ly).

but gene you'd want to move this to the northern mantis forum

Paul T England
11-16-2007, 07:48 AM
Its good to see LKW getting some good press and as a grand student of his I think he is a true gentleman and a true master of martial arts. I have been to hong kong 4 times to study with sigung and am only scratching the surface of the man's knowledge and skill.

Paul

iron_silk
11-16-2007, 11:48 AM
Good for him!!!

Seems like a nice guy...so I guess Lee Kam Wing didn't charge the student since he understood his financial situation?

Couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Mano Mano
11-16-2007, 11:59 AM
I to met Master Lee Kam Wing a few years back along with Paul T England & had the privilege play the cymbals to his lion dance drumming at a Chinese restaurant in Leicester UK, a very nice man.
My CLF sifu met him recently on at trip when he went back to Hong Kong & spoke highly of him.

ngokfei
11-16-2007, 12:02 PM
Met the man, friendly and good skills.

So for you the meaning of a "Master" is:

1. physical expertise.
2. depth of knowledge: history, strategy, insight into application.
3. spiritual aspect. (: Humanity, Dignity, and Courtesy. )

what about
4. ability to pass on these skills & ideals to others. Is his house in order. able to Lead by example.

monkeyfoot
11-20-2007, 03:49 PM
I briefly popped round to Master Lees shop when I was in Hong Kong just to meet him in person. He was very nice and talked about bone setting, his job, where and when he teaches etc. He also kindly gave me some kung fu reading material. Great guy, I am glad to be part of his association.

craig