PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Choy Lay Fut Seminar

Shaolindynasty
11-17-2007, 01:22 PM
Hey guys my school www.hungsingchoylayfut.com will be providing a seminar on 1-26-08. The seminar will cover details disscussed in my last 2 issues of Kungfu Tachi magazine
"Traditional Yet Progressive"
http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=693.
"Modern Function for an Ancient Weapon"
http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=720

The Seminar information is as follows

01-26-2008
Choy Lay Fut Kung Fu- Complete Combat Theory-
Choy Lay Fut Kung Fu is a system of martial arts combining the most effective techniques of both northern and southern Shaolin martial arts. Practitioners of this method are famous in southeast Asia for their success in full contact competition and bare knuckle challenge matches. In this Seminar learn advanced fighting concepts behind the Choy Lay Fut method such as invasion, evasion, gating, continuation, throwing and joint locking. Familiarity with the execution of such concepts and techniques is what enables a practitioner to prevail in a combat situation. Drills designed to enhance concept and technique familiarization will be taught.
For more information, contact: Lee’s Academy of Martial Arts
Phone: 1(708)-687-8707
Event Address: 15546 S. Cicero Ave.
Oak Forest, IL, 60452 USA
Online: realworldpower@yahoo.com - www.hungsingchoylayfut.com

Shaolindynasty
01-03-2008, 08:46 AM
to the top

Shaolindynasty
01-08-2008, 09:32 PM
For those of you that tried to call. There was some confusion concerning the schedule of the seminar. If you contact Danny Lee at Lee's Martial Arts Academy the situation is resolved and the seminar will resume as scheduled. Space is limited so reserve your spot now.

jow yeroc
01-09-2008, 05:44 AM
Good luck. Hope you have a good turnout. Met your sifu once. He's a nice guy.

Shaolindynasty
01-14-2008, 11:51 AM
Thanks, just curious where did you meet my sifu?

jow yeroc
01-14-2008, 01:47 PM
After Taiji Legacy '06, i had the pleasure and honor of sitting at a table for
lunch with David Chin, Johnny Lee, Sam F.S. Chin, your sifu Ng, and my sifu
Hoy Lee, sifu Charles Middletonand two of my sihing. Then i had the task
racing your sifu to the
airport with about 10 minutes to spare. Good times.:)

Shaolindynasty
01-15-2008, 08:18 AM
I hear that. Taiji legacy is always a good time. I was sitting in front of Charles Middleton during the sanshou comp last year. That guy is hilarious

hskwarrior
01-15-2008, 08:20 AM
shaolin D,

the guy in blue last year was your classmate right? the big chinese dude, wearing all blue. man he was throwing sow choys from the depths of hell on that guy he was fighting.

Shaolindynasty
01-15-2008, 08:34 AM
You mean the guy with blue shorts/white gloves?

This fight?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIQAHksHLSE&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu9O30qfGa4&feature=related

If so, yeah that guy is my sihing. Sifu and me were going nuts during that fight, yealling sow, sow, sow, then the guy dipped his head down we were like pow, pow, pow. during the fight I looked over and saw you and joe getting into the action. Outstanding!

Shaolindynasty
01-15-2008, 08:46 AM
BTW, If you want the manual included on the day of the seminar you need to register at least one week in advance or you can pay an additional $5 and have it shipped to you at a later date.

jow yeroc
01-15-2008, 04:08 PM
:DYeah, i love sifu Charles. Very vocal to say the least!!!

hskwarrior
01-15-2008, 04:18 PM
yeah shaolin D,

that cat was fierce. afterwards in the hallway i told him what i thought. when i told him who i was, he was instantly like "i know who you are!!" he was real real cool.

big arse hell, but real cool. man i felt his sow choys across the room that day. kinda nice, it cooled me off cause i hate the texas heat!!!

Eddie
01-16-2008, 02:49 AM
You mean the guy with blue shorts/white gloves?

This fight?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIQAHksHLSE&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu9O30qfGa4&feature=related

If so, yeah that guy is my sihing. Sifu and me were going nuts during that fight, yealling sow, sow, sow, then the guy dipped his head down we were like pow, pow, pow. during the fight I looked over and saw you and joe getting into the action. Outstanding!

**** that was a good fight. The guy with the white gloves has some serious hand skills. In my opinion, better than Max Chen (whos in your USA national team).

What rules were that? San shou with knees?

You guys members if the USAWF?

Shaolindynasty
01-16-2008, 12:45 PM
Yes sanshou with knees. This was at the 2007 Taiji Legacy www.chinwoo.com
Sanctioned by the USA traditional kungfu wushu federation www.uskungfu.com

hskwarrior- actually he's not that big maybe around 175-180lbs LOL

hskwarrior
01-16-2008, 03:06 PM
WOW, he looked so much heavier that that to me......i guess im trippin huh?

but, anyways, he pumped me up with his fighting for sure.

Angelo F.
01-28-2008, 07:09 AM
Hello to everyone.

I usually don't post often but would like to say that the Chicago Choy Lay Fut seminar was a very enjoyable one.

Sifu Childs did a great job explaining and make sure we understood the material.
His knowledge and love for the art of Choy Lay Fut could be seen.

I know I walked away with a deeper understanding of the art and I would like to thank everyone for there hospitality.

All the best,

Angelo F.

Shaolindynasty
01-28-2008, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the kind words. You and your friends are welcome at our school anytime.

Shaolindynasty
02-08-2008, 04:32 PM
Hey everyone. We will be holding another seminar this Feb. The Seminar information is as follows

02-23-2008
Choy Lay Fut Kung Fu- Complete Combat Theory-
Choy Lay Fut Kung Fu is a system of martial arts combining the most effective techniques of both northern and southern Shaolin martial arts. Practitioners of this method are famous in southeast Asia for their success in full contact competition and bare knuckle challenge matches. In this Seminar learn advanced fighting concepts behind the Choy Lay Fut method such as invasion, evasion, gating, continuation, throwing and joint locking. Familiarity with the execution of such concepts and techniques is what enables a practitioner to prevail in a combat situation. Drills designed to enhance concept and technique familiarization will be taught.
For more information, contact: Lee’s Academy of Martial Arts
Phone: 1(708)-687-8707
Event Address: 15546 S. Cicero Ave.
Oak Forest, IL, 60452 USA
Online: realworldpower@yahoo.com - www.hungsingchoylayfut.com