PDA

View Full Version : Loong Choo Kung Fu

russkris
11-18-2007, 12:56 PM
Hello

Joined the board a few weeks ago and have been having a look around.

I need some advise, There is a local Kung-fu class that I would like to join but, I cant seem to find any info(www) about this club.. Just wanting to know if it's a 'real" kung-fu or just made up

Thanks RUsty

SanHeChuan
11-18-2007, 12:59 PM
loong choo sounds made up.

but why don't we start with what you do know about the club, like where it is located...:rolleyes:
what do they claim to teach?
whatever you got.

Shaolin Wookie
11-18-2007, 01:01 PM
http://www.southcom.com.au/~jbkoay/

You from the land Down Under? Where women rain......and men thunda.....

They call it Dragon Pearl...it's a combo of Emei or Southern Dragon and Shaolin, or something.

lkfmdc
11-18-2007, 01:11 PM
LOONG CHOO!!!!!

G'd Bless You! Here's a Tissue :D

Sounds very made up

Mook Jong
11-18-2007, 02:38 PM
LOONG CHOO!!!!!

G'd Bless You! Here's a Tissue :D

Sounds very made up

True but seems more real than the MA style based on nordic runes.

RD'S Alias - 1A
11-18-2007, 02:56 PM
Is Loong Choo the name of the style, or the name of the club?

Dim Wit Mak
11-18-2007, 06:51 PM
I wouldn't mind going to Tasmania. Sounds like a great place to visit and study.

russkris
11-18-2007, 10:14 PM
http://www.southcom.com.au/~jbkoay/

this link is the link, I was given via email... Loong Choo is a name by the sounds of it

SanHeChuan
11-18-2007, 10:55 PM
Ask them what style they teach, and if they can not give you a definitive answer, they are fake.

neither Kung fu nor Shaolin are good enough answers.

RD'S Alias - 1A
11-18-2007, 10:57 PM
Yeah, it sounds like the club name...same as Royal Dragon is my (currently defunct) Club's name.

No such style as Royal Dragon style. It's just the name I teach under.

Blacktiger
11-19-2007, 08:31 PM
Hello

Joined the board a few weeks ago and have been having a look around.

I need some advise, There is a local Kung-fu class that I would like to join but, I cant seem to find any info(www) about this club.. Just wanting to know if it's a 'real" kung-fu or just made up

Thanks RUsty

Im from Tasmania originally - I have heard the teacher there is quite good but you never know until you check it out -go and check a class out.

Have a look and if its not for you check out Duncan Stewart - he teaches Ninjutsu at the Uni and is very good. There is not a great deal on offer down in Hobart so you need to be careful you dont waste your time with a bad school.

diego
11-19-2007, 10:31 PM
Im from Tasmania originally - I have heard the teacher there is quite good but you never know until you check it out -go and check a class out.

Have a look and if its not for you check out Duncan Stewart - he teaches Ninjutsu at the Uni and is very good.

Good at what?. Throwing stars, scaling walls, starring in cheesy Chuck Norris wannabe 80's movies...

is their actualyl a ninja fighting style?.

Blacktiger
11-19-2007, 11:38 PM
Yep its called Shaolin Do

Shaolin Wookie
11-21-2007, 01:18 PM
What school is that one? I never got to climb up any walls or throw any ninja stars!!!!!!!

*Sigh*

:o

Lucas
11-23-2007, 06:57 PM
"Upon entry into the 1st Quadrant, the members are called students. They are not permitted to wear the official emblem of the Society. The students train in the traditional black pants and singlets with a composite Dragon design. To proceed to the 2nd Quadrant, a Grading examination for the Lower Graduation Certificate is attempted. The examiners consist of 4 Seniors chaired by a Sinseh (Instructor/Teacher)."

Uh.....this is from their site.. :rolleyes:

Shaolin Wookie
11-24-2007, 06:01 AM
I thought the quadrant thing was weird. It's not so much the idea of having four levels, but why not just use belts or something...LOL.....

It's that kind of language that makes it sound hokey. Then again, they're in Tasmania, so who knows?........

tattooedmonk
11-27-2007, 06:04 PM
why it is that when something comes up that no one has heard of or is different than what it is that they know, automatically it is fake or a source for everyone to make fun of??not very mature but then again mpost of the people on this board are not. I can think of a few off hand .

tattooedmonk
11-27-2007, 06:05 PM
I thought the quadrant thing was weird. It's not so much the idea of having four levels, but why not just use belts or something...LOL.....

It's that kind of language that makes it sound hokey. Then again, they're in Tasmania, so who knows?........Just to be different . A friend of mine was going to use rungs , like in a ladder, to represent the various levels of his system.

golden arhat
11-28-2007, 10:48 AM
not very mature but then again mpost of the people on this board are not. I can think of a few off hand .

SO'S YOUR FACE !! :D