PDA

View Full Version : Is There any Genuine Soutern White Crane in Australia?

5thBrother
11-19-2007, 06:07 AM
Hi guys,

Does anyone know of any GENUINE LEGIT Southern White Crane Schools or Teachers in Australia??

NOT Ron Goninan.

Thanks in Advance.

gojumaster
11-19-2007, 12:46 PM
5thBrother,

If you are ok with a very similar cousin, Chee Kim Thong's son teaches Five Ancestor Fist in Australia. This particular line of Wuzuquan has a very strong White Crane influence.

I'll try to find the website for you...

Best Regards,

Russ

5thBrother
11-19-2007, 06:45 PM
Gojumaster:

Thanks for the reply, if you can find the link would be interested.

but as for the topc not im not interested in any style adapted/influenced from or has elements of southern crane like wuzu quan. I'm interested in knowing Only if there is genuine He Quan in Australia.

Thank You

5thBrother
11-19-2007, 06:50 PM
Goju Master:

is this the site u referenced?

http://www.wuchuchuan.com/

Thanks

Minghequan
11-19-2007, 07:29 PM
5th Brother,

I am not trying to "rain on your parade" or be negative, argumentative or controversial but what is it you have against me?

To my knowledge we have never met in person so are your thoughts solely related to the posts of others on the Internet? If so, it hardly gives me a fair chance.

For all I know about you, you are probably a very dedicated follower of the martial arts. You do seem to have a interest in the Southern arts based on your past posts.

As for me I am following what could be considered Southern White Crane style with a direct connection to China for whatever it may be worth. Certainly no expert but we are doing our best. Anyhow if you wish to discuss it further with me my emails ids baihe@bigpond.com

Anyhow, I do believe their is a Tiger Crane School (http://www.tigerandcrane.com.au/). Not sure of any others though but will have a look for you and see what I can find.

I wish you all the best

5thBrother
11-19-2007, 10:24 PM
Im interested ingenuine Ba He Quan or fully qualified and trained bai he sifu in Australia.

Sorry Ron,

I do not belief that you are a qaulified Baihe Shifu.

I do not belief that you have trained under a qualifed Baihe Shifu (in person/physically) for any lenght of qauilty time or training from beginner to advanced n onwards, etc

I belief u have a great passion and interest in researching Baihe from books, videos, people who are Baihe, etc. Which always makes me wonder why you haven't just - train in the system under a Shifu ... and eventually with hard work become a real sifu of bai he quan...

therefore I don't include you as genuine bai he quan of any school which is what im iterested in finding out if any in OZ ...

thank you for the link but that is a Hung Gar school.

all the best.

I'm interested solely in genuine Southern White Crane Systems in Australia, so far ive only found northern white crane.

Thanks All

Minghequan
11-20-2007, 01:52 AM
5th Brother,

Thanks for your post. I dispute your opinion. I have trained for quite sometime with Master Nhan Fai in his Shaolin Baihequan (very similar to Shihequan Feeding Crane) and I still train with him on occassions that allow (he now lives in Sydney but does not teach on a public level) and I am in fact a student under a well known Shifu from Fuzhou China and am now pursuing a direction towards the Calling Crane Style but again, you are entitled to your opinion.

Sadly Baihe Sifu are not all that common in the West.

Where in Oz are you located and why White Crane?

Good luck with your search.

5thBrother
11-20-2007, 07:49 AM
I am in fact a student under a well known Shifu from Fuzhou China

If you are referring to Master Ruan Dong, then this is not true. You have never met the man.

You can post a video with him if you like; otherwise please do not post again on this thread.

all the best

gojumaster
11-20-2007, 09:55 AM
5th Brother,

Yes, that is the site. Sorry, but I was having trouble finding it again.

Best Regards,

Russ

Goju Master:

is this the site u referenced?

http://www.wuchuchuan.com/

Thanks

Minghequan
11-20-2007, 04:30 PM
5th Brother,

I am under a Sifu from Fuzhou and working closely with same to actively promote the art of White Crane regardless of your post. In fact we are working on having this Sifu visit us in the very near future. In addition I am an recognised and accredited instructor with the Martial Arts Industry Association, the peak body for martial arts in Australia as recognised by the Australian Government. We within the White Crane Research Institute are doing our level best to promote White Crane in Australia and are not interested nor will we enter the negative politics of the martial arts world. The proof of martial arts is "on the floor" and "on the mats". Training is training, and it can be good or bad. It will not be found in certificates, photo's, videos and the like but on the floor and in the heart and sincerity of the instructor where it really matters. To the best of my knowledge you and I have never met so please until such time, reserve your judgment.

Secondly, I do not hide my identity behind a forum name yet be critical and judgmental of others. If you have any further questions I invite you to write to me directly at baihe@bigpond.com I will treat your communications with respect but will not enter into negative or personalised politics of any kind.

I do not understand your animosity but I sincerely and truly do wish you all the best.

Ron

Fu-Pau
11-20-2007, 05:34 PM
otherwise please do not post again on this thread.

:rolleyes:
Who the #%@* are you to tell anyone that they can, or can not, post on a thread. Get a grip!

Fu-Pau
11-20-2007, 05:37 PM
In addition I am an recognised and accredited instructor with the Martial Arts Industry Association, the peak body for martial arts in Australia as recognised by the Australian Government.

... who?:confused:
and what does that prove about credentials in any given style. not having a go at you.

Minghequan
11-20-2007, 05:43 PM
Fu-Pau,

Thanks for your post. Yes you are correct but it does show recognition by my peers within the martial arts community in Australia and that I have taken steps to register my bona-fides and seek the relevant accreditation and training as a martial arts instructor.

MAIA Web site: http://www.maia.com.au/

Best wishes to you!

Ron

5thBrother
11-20-2007, 06:11 PM
MAIA is one of the Martial Arts Associations in Australia... it's nothing Major, anyone can join etc...

It certainly does not have anything to do with your creditionals or qualifications etc in relation to authentic white crane ...

"I am under a Sifu from Fuzhou" - name? duration of training PHYSICALLY under him in Fuzhou?

"In fact we are working on having this Sifu visit us in the very near future." - you have been saying this for several years. However if it's true I hope you can organise a seminiar with a authentic Bai He Quan Shifu in Australia. That would be Great! Good luck

I don't have animosity towards you per se .... I just do not believe your are a qaulified shifu in any authentic Bai He Traditions...

best

5thBrother
11-20-2007, 06:15 PM
:rolleyes:
Who the #%@* are you to tell anyone that they can, or can not, post on a thread. Get a grip!

Very True Fu-Pau ....

i started the thread and wanted to keep it strictly to authentic qaulified Bai He Quan in Australia...

which is why i stated "NOT Ron Gonanin" in the opening post....

but agreed i have not right to say who can and cant post i guess

anyways I can see this thread now heading no where useful now......

Thanks

Minghequan
11-20-2007, 06:21 PM
5th Brother,

We agree to disagree and my connection to China and status in Australian Martial arts states otherwise but I wish you all the best.

5thBrother
11-20-2007, 07:31 PM
Ron:

well So YOU Say........

But agree to disagree....

I did not mean and hope it didn't seem i was "hostile" in stating my direct statements / direct questions none of which were answered.

Be Well

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

GojuMaster:

thanks for the heads up on the wu chu chuan.

Ozzy Dave
11-20-2007, 08:34 PM
Hi 5th Brother,

What sort of Bai he are you interested in, Fushou, Yong Chun or another region?

Minghequan
11-20-2007, 10:37 PM
5th Brother,

No problems. No you were/are not hostile. I appreciate your honesty. I believe I answered you regarding Sifu Fai and my connection to China which I can prove. Lets move on.

Wishing you all the best.

5thBrother
11-21-2007, 02:06 AM
Hi 5th Brother,

What sort of Bai he are you interested in, Fushou, Yong Chun or another region?

i Davo

While i have an interest in Hakka & Fukien Arts, including Bai He Quan;
It's actually my friend that inspired the orginal topic.
She is doesn't know enough to have an interest in a particular type yet, although the Yong Chun Bai He Quan does interest her as she did wing chun and supposedly yong chun white crane was the crane influence on wing chun ...
But whatever style is available, which seems to be none.... failing that she will probably look at Lung Ying she said.

Do you study Bai He?

5thBrother
11-21-2007, 02:07 AM
Ron

when you say Fai Nhan I've assumed you actually meant Fai CHan of Bak Hok Pai; is that correct??

Minghequan
11-21-2007, 04:41 PM
5th Brother,

Now you want to talk to me? (Just joking :)).

Actually no, Sifu Fai teaches what he calls Shaolin Baihe not Bak Hok Pai. He states that he was originally from Guanzhou. What he teaches is remarkably similar to Feeding Crane especially in the Elemental Hands. Hopes this helps in some small way.

Yong Chun Bai He is a considerably hard (External ) style of White Crane when compared to others.

All the best.

Ozzy Dave
11-21-2007, 10:27 PM
G'day 5th Brother,

Studied a little Yong Chun derived Bai He, initial training stresses tension training in the form of the tao lu Saam Chien / San Zhan and its variations. This Tao Lu has been written about extensively on this board in other threads by people way more experienced in Bai He than me, so I encourage you to have a search if you haven't already.

I suppose it could be called hard Ron, but the internal / external dicotomy means different things in different regions and the Yong Chun variety of crane talks about internal cultivation as much as any other crane system.

If I was to hazard a guess as to the different emphasis between Yong Chun Bai He and other systems practised further north it would be that Yong Chun Bai he emphasises more "springy" power rather than the "whiping" power of the Fuzhou Crane systems. This is consistent with other systems practised in and around the same region as Yong Chun such as Wu Zhu Quan and Tai Zhu Quan.

A structural loading ability for your posture and Ma is important for springy power, its the tension training IMO that is the entry point to training for this to happen.

Wing Chun is IMO by and large similar in theory but greatly divergent in training methodology from Yong Chun Bai He.

Dave

Lama Pai Sifu
11-22-2007, 06:24 AM
Ron

when you say Fai Nhan I've assumed you actually meant Fai CHan of Bak Hok Pai; is that correct??

I think they're talking about teachers in Australia and China. Chan Fei is a NY guy. Plus - they're not talking about Tibetan WC. :)

Are you a student of Sifu Chan Fei? PM me

5thBrother
11-22-2007, 08:12 AM
Hi Lama-Pai Sifu

i'm not sure if Chan fEi is a different romanisation of Chan fAi but;

Chan Fai is a Bok Hok Pai teacher who learn from Chan Hak Fu. Chan Fai used to teach in New York.

----------------------

shall reply the other posts tomorrow / over the weekend.. just home and dead tired and a busy fri-sat coming.

thanks for the replys Ron, Davo, Lama Pai Sifu

Lama Pai Sifu
11-22-2007, 08:29 AM
Yes, same person. I know him. My Sifu was friends with his Sifu as well. We used to go to his resturant in Flushing every Saturday from 91-93. I last saw him at my Sifu's funeral a few years ago. I believe he is still teaching at the school on Canal Street? Are you a student of his??

Satori Science
11-22-2007, 11:19 AM
"I am under a Sifu from Fuzhou" - name? duration of training PHYSICALLY under him in Fuzhou?

A fair question considering the way you have forwarded yourself. No politics here as I know little about southern crane. but a fairly direct question, an awnser would be interesting.

5thBrother
11-22-2007, 08:08 PM
just a quick post

Lama Pai Sifu,

yeah canel street. I'm not a student of his.

"Ron, when you say Fai Nhan I've assumed you actually meant Fai CHan of Bak Hok Pai; is that correct??"

"Actually no, Sifu Fai teaches what he calls Shaolin Baihe not Bak Hok Pai. He states that he was originally from Guanzhou."

I may of misunderstood this

--------------------------------------

Ron:

yeah still talking to you hehe.... your answers haven't been as evasive/cirlces as normal :P So some firm'ish answers to work with...

just to clarify: in connection to you Fai Nhan and Fai Chan (Chan Fai) are Different people or the same. Ie. was Nhan a typo?

--------------------------------------

Davo:

Thanks for the informative post

thanks

5thBrother
11-23-2007, 04:35 AM
A fair question considering the way you have forwarded yourself. No politics here as I know little about southern crane. but a fairly direct question, an awnser would be interesting

Minghequan
11-23-2007, 09:25 PM
To answer,

Nhan Chen Fai (full name as was given to me) is and has taught me his Shaolin Baihe tradition which I have stated is similar in many ways to the Shihequan style. He is from Guanzhou. Apart from that I can tell you very little as he is by all accounts a very private individual.

As for my Sifu from Fuzhou China, he is very well known and respected. He has stated that he is happy to be my Master, my adviser and accepting me into his school (His words not mine). He states that he is happy to "bring me into his school". What matters is that we are on the White Crane path and are happy, regardless of the negativity of others. That is where it stands for whatever it may be worth. It is what it is. No big deal and neither am I, Just a seeker like so many others.

hungmunhingdai
11-27-2007, 05:44 PM
The White Crane Research Institute is the only school of its kind teaching the Calling White Crane of Great Master Ruan Dong of Fuzhou China. It is a Closed Door school and membership is only open to a dedicated and spirited few. If you are interested in applying for membership to the White Crane Research Institute and or in setting up a "Study Group" in your local area under the WCRI banner the please feel free to contact us: Ph: (02) 68452846

http://www.sportzblitz.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11228

You are qualified to teach this art, how long have you studied with Ruan Dong?

5thBrother
11-30-2007, 08:55 PM
Are you qualified to teach this art?, how long have you studied with Ruan Dong?

Good Question

------------------------------

Ron thanks for the clarification on Nhan Chen Fai. But since he isn't ming he quan ... who & where (country) did u learn your ming he quan from ?

-------------------------------

Sorry guys been so busy atm and also waiting on confirmation on some things before posting further

Minghequan
12-03-2007, 05:11 PM
Sorry for not replying soon as I have been busy with advanced security operative training.

Interesting Post. I heard from Great Master Ruan Dong today and he did not mention a seminar in Oz set down for January 2008 but I have emailed him for clarification.

To explain our relationship with Great Master, In 2005 a respected member of my school and good friend visited Great Master for training and to establish a relationship between that of ourselves within the White Crane Research Institute (WCR) I and Great Master. This was achieved and Great Master passed on a number of resources for us to study and use in our exploration of White Crane at the same time (November 6th 2005) Great Master agreed to becoming the Master/Technical Adviser and Consultant to the WCRI on White Crane and Wushu (This I have in writing signed by Great Master). I have several communications from Great Master stating we has and will accept us as members of his school.

Since that time we have been directing out efforts towards working on the resources given us and the training given to my member by Great Master. We are constant contact back and forth with Great Master and working on promoting his wonderful art and teachings in Australia. I have an article on Great Master to be published in an Australian Martial Arts Magazine in the near future.

This is where it currently stands.

What dismays me is the level of animosity and politics exhibited by the jealous nature of others whose sole aim is to tear down others simply because of their own negative political agendas. This has a great deal to say about the character of such persons.

We within the WCRI WILL NOT enter ourselves or Great Master in to such negativity and politics. Our sole aim is to promote White Crane and this then shall remain our main focus.

Thank you.

Minghequan
12-03-2007, 07:53 PM
A scanned copy of the letter in which Great Master Ruan Dong of Fuzhou, Fujian, China agrees to serve as the Technical Adviser to the White Crane Research Institute. The letter contains Great Master Ruan Dong's signature and personal seal, can be found here:

http://www.sportzblitz.net/Forum/topic.asp?whichpage=1&TOPIC_ID=11328��

I have several emails on file from Great Master.Several past emails (On file) have stated he accepts us as his students. We have taken this to mean we will be accepted in his school but are not yet accepted as per the traditional way of things, my bad. Given the cultural differences some may have been misread but the latest dated Monday 3rd December 2007 states the following:

Master Ruan is happy to accept you and your student Maurice as his student. This means he intends to do so, he is happy to do it.

This basically says we are to be entered into his school at some stage in the future as is Great Master's intention.

It is not our intention within the WCRI to mislead anyone . We may have made some mistakes given the cultural and written word differences but this is as it now stands and I hope that this clears up any mistakes or misconception which may have occurred. Please forgive me for any mistakes which may have arisen out of language and cultural barriers.

htowndragon
12-03-2007, 11:57 PM
so you never met the man.

5thBrother
12-04-2007, 04:58 AM
Kotengu Wrote:

Hey man

i still cant post on KFO for some reason..

can you post this for me. I think its speaks for itself

thanks Bro

Kot.

http://www.sportzblitz.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11328

quote]Originally posted by Kotengu
[b]Ok Enough of this...

Here is a CLASSIC EXAMPLE .... fresh

like i said Ron took down his website 5pm'ish

Website comes back some hours later

oh yes but with some fine EDITING .. suprise suprise

can we say BUSTED!!

BEFORE

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2278/2085733599_d9c6aff143.jpg?v=0

and

Wahlaa (?spell)

AFTER (sorry u didn't delete fast enough ....)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21522517@N07/2085733655/

BUSTED CUSTARD!!

Ho Ho Ho~~

EDIT:

Well that didn't work out

please go here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21522517@N07/

click on the thumbnails and then "all sizes" to enlarge again

sadly ron started deleting like crazy as i was reading it so i tryed to save as much as i could unforetunately not the whole site though....

give a man enough rope and .....

food and sleep!! so much for my day off >_<

DongSeminar@iinet.net.au
contact about proposed Ruan Dong's White Crane Seminars 2008

any help from the Sydney/Aust. Chinese Martial Arts Community greatly appreciated

[/quote