PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Tai Chi teachers in Orlando

Joe Mantis
11-21-2007, 07:20 AM
I'm looking for Tai Chi teachers that want to share rented space in a studio.
I'm located in N. Orlando - Seminole county for those familiar with the area.
I want someone who loves tai chi and wants to teach people.

For more info: email - fitkixfl@aol.com

thanks,

JM

yu shan
11-21-2007, 09:50 AM
How is it going JM? Where is Tai Chi Bob?

Subitai
11-22-2007, 10:46 AM
You know...For the last 2 years I had been going down to Cocoa Beach area for winter vacation. It was hard to find people down there to work out with.

Last year, I tried to get in contact with Tai Chi Bob. I figured it the logical choice since he seemed to be the local guy. I was just looking for people to work out with whilst on vacation.

I don't know, I just didn't seem to get a good vibe from him about it.

I know it can be a little wierd meeting up with new people, especially when they intend to get together and push hands.

Too bad, cause TC.Bob was always talking about how he liked to work out with people who actually know how to use their Tai Chi in a Martial Way.

The great thing about Tai Chi and push hands is people can get together "gentleman like" and still work out...but without going overboard.

ease on,
"O"

yu shan
11-25-2007, 02:36 PM
Shouldnt be too hard to get someone in your school to walk everyone thru a taiji form. Now getting someone who understands/trains or will do push hands is something else.

Subitai, there is nothing wierd about meeting someone new and making a friend. And getting together gentlemen like makes me think you are a good person. There is a Wah Lum school in Melbourne which is super close to Cocoa Beach. The teacher there is Harry Lo, really nice guy. Maybe stop in and introduce yourself, you might be able to teach him something.

Florida is full of Chinese Martial Arts, surely someone can be found to practice push hands with.

TaiChiBob
12-07-2007, 07:19 AM
Greetings..

First, many humble apologies if i have been the source of "vibes" other than well-meaning.. i recall the conversations (barely, i'm getting older than i care to admit).. it felt good to me, but no follow-up.. anyway, Joe, contact me through PM, let's talk..

Hi Yu Shan, how's things? The local Taiji scene is getting very good, the bar has been raised through the efforts of Jeff R. and those of us willing to look past the tournament mentality or the woo-woo stuff..

Season's best to all!! Be well....

Subitai
12-08-2007, 09:43 PM
Hey TaiChiBob...there you are.

Well, nice to see you back.

Unfortunately 3 yrs in a row (in Cocoa Beach) isn't gonna happen for me this year.

But now I'm glad I finally found out some names and schools for the next time.

Ease on,
"O"