PDA

View Full Version : On Chum Kiu

Vajramusti
11-21-2007, 02:40 PM
Dont want to hijack other threads and do not care to discuss mma.

However, some folks may wish to check the latest issue of The Journal of Asian martial Arts-JAMA-
vol 10 issue 4. It has an article (and pictures) entitled "Wing Chun's Chum Kiu Form-a Study in Stability and Mobility." by yours truly.Thank you

joy chaudhuri

Graychuan
11-21-2007, 05:10 PM

However, some folks may wish to check the latest issue of The Journal of Asian martial Arts-JAMA-
vol 10 issue 4. It has an article (and pictures) entitled "Wing Chun's Chum Kiu Form-a Study in Stability and Mobility." by yours truly.Thank you

joy chaudhuri

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
~Cg~

Ultimatewingchun
11-21-2007, 09:41 PM
I'm definitely going to look into that, Joy.

I enjoy that magazine from time-to-time. Very well put together. There was an awesome article about maybe 8-10 months ago about using edged weapons in the JOURNAL.

Thanks for the tip.

Vajramusti
11-21-2007, 10:20 PM
Thanks. Hope that you enjoy the article.

Happy Thanksgiving stateside.

joy chaudhuri

LoneTiger108
11-22-2007, 02:08 AM
I've never seen this mag in the UK. Is it available online?

The article sounds good to me. The more the merrier IMO...

Vajramusti
11-22-2007, 07:47 AM
I am pretty sure that the Journal is avilable in the UK. Hiw widely- I dont know.
You could email the folks below to find out or email the journal directly.

Email: intlcustomerservice@sourceinterlink.com
www.sourceinterlink.com
Areas: Australia, Belgium, Taiwan, & United Kingdom

The publisher's web page is at:
http://www.goviamedia.com/

joy chaudhuri

LoneTiger108
11-22-2007, 09:54 AM
Thanks for the link, I will check it out.

I did find this company, but their on Volume 16 already so I guess it's not the publication you're talking of here...

http://www.goviamedia.com/store.php?crn=205&PHPSESSID=030be7678fd33381cdf82562a21d9c5d

Still, some pretty major articles by the looks of it so I may check that one too! It's good to keep up with the media, especially with Wing Chun. As I've noticed far too many 'same old' articles in the UK recently...

CFT
11-22-2007, 10:00 AM
It's the same one I think. I think Joy must have made a typo: '10' instead of '16'. They have 4 issues a year so it tallies up otherwise.

couch
11-22-2007, 10:30 AM

joy chaudhuri

They're saying that the current issue is Volume 16, Number 3:
http://www.goviamedia.com/store.php?crn=205&PHPSESSID=ccd108b34e157e3ffaa6de3b33b1f67c

What's going on? :)

Vajramusti
11-22-2007, 07:43 PM
Chee is correct---Its Volume 16 (not 10) . The new issue that should hit the stands any day is volume 4. Volume 3 is the old issue. The new issue is already at some Borders. Apart from my Chum Kiu article there is a very good essay by the respected writer on taichi and Taoism-Doug Wile for those interested in varieties of taichi and taichi history.Two other good articles are on goju and uechi ryu karate.There is alsoa good book review of Penn's work on mma.
I am holding the journal in my hands while watching the ASU/USC football game- so I know that the issue is out.

joy chaudhuri