PDA

View Full Version : OT: OMG, I'm heading to Detroit!

Yao Sing
11-21-2007, 02:44 PM
Detroit peeps, how cold is it there?

Looks like I fly out Friday morning. Guess I'll have to dig out a warm coat from somewhere and some long sleeve shirts. Been in Florida way too long.

Any snow there yet?

Oso
11-21-2007, 03:59 PM
my girl is driving in to Ann Arbor as I type...she says it's cold wet and sleeting.

when I was there 2 years ago it snowed 6 inches and stayed in the low 30's/upper 20's during the day.

Shaolin Wookie
11-22-2007, 08:52 AM
Detroit peeps, how cold is it there?

Looks like I fly out Friday morning. Guess I'll have to dig out a warm coat from somewhere and some long sleeve shirts. Been in Florida way too long.

Any snow there yet?

As a former Detroiter living in Georgia, I can honestly say it's cold as a mutherf0cker. But maybe I've adjusted too much to the warm Georgia weather....although, its winters aren't always nice at 3am on a cold warehouse dock with no heating and open bay doors on all sides with a nasty wind shooting through them, even though I'm walking around in 60 degree weather today.

scholar
11-22-2007, 09:53 AM
Inch of snow last night. All melted now, tho. Wear a hat!

Yao Sing
11-22-2007, 12:08 PM
I haven't seen snow in almost 20 years. Thought I had an old army coat in a storage closet but I just looked and it's not there. Hope my son has a spare hunting jacket or something I can borrow.

Got a plane ticket there and a rental car but no hotel room or address or directions to the property. Not much detail on the job yet either. This is going to be loads of fun.

Shaolin Wookie
11-22-2007, 12:27 PM
I haven't seen snow in almost 20 years. Thought I had an old army coat in a storage closet but I just looked and it's not there. Hope my son has a spare hunting jacket or something I can borrow.

Got a plane ticket there and a rental car but no hotel room or address or directions to the property. Not much detail on the job yet either. This is going to be loads of fun.

Time to rely on that survival training. All's you need is a live chicken, a bowie knife, a length of rope, and a live mortar round.

Three Harmonies
11-24-2007, 09:34 AM
What is your punishment for to be banished to Detroit??
Jake :D

golden arhat
11-24-2007, 09:44 AM

hhahahahaahahhaahhahahahaahahaha

KENTUCKY FWIED MOVIE !!

doug maverick
11-24-2007, 09:53 AM

man this sounds like the beginning of a bad mob movie. if it looks fishy get in your car and drive your ass back to florida.lol just joking

Yao Sing
11-25-2007, 08:44 AM
The property is in Clarkston, north of Detroit, and the guy I was supposed to work with took off to go deer hunting. I'm left doing the cable modem/ATA installs but since it's a holiday weekend there isn't much going on.

Piece of cake! Couple of repairs and installs yesterday and only a few today. All expenses paid plus my usual rate for long duration jobs. I fly back Tuesday afternoon.

Any MA peeps nearby? I really need to find time on these trips for meet-ups and/or training. Got a bit of free time on this trip. Missed out on meeting with an NPM brother in south Texas due to being swamped with work. Now I have free time I don't know who's around.

There's a lot of work coming up across the country real soon. Also a property in Puerto Rico.

Yao Sing
11-25-2007, 08:45 AM

I'll let you know if I get banished to Seattle. :)