PDA

View Full Version : Headcheck

Kevin Bell
11-23-2007, 11:32 AM
tons of "experts" pouring scorn, lineage champions, dry land swimmers, swimmers or toe dippers, clips here there and everywhere focus lost. Challenges issued rebuffed as tough guy talk, Sifu's a deity the answer lies with him, posts after post displaying ones erudition of VT no wc no wt or whatever the hell it's called, you dont know what your talking about,, no you dont know what your talking about, no you dont, no you dont,, groundhog day after day after day,,which is the best martial art mix this with that etc etc

wonder whether any of the personalities carved out here on this forum would step up, really step up if such a platform was available, not none of your sparring variables where you know your safe and going home at the end of the day sharing a joke and a coffee afters, friendship/relationships formed and bonded but going to a place of no restrictions, no time, no weight class where its just you and the other guy, head stamping/eye gouging/biting all allowed,, how close can we get to modern combatives of fighting multiple armed assailants in the pavement arena, well perhaps having a what we english call a straightener could be a way forward who'd step up? Honestly would you??

Shaolin Wookie
11-23-2007, 11:36 AM
Where do I sign up?

BTW, what do you mean by head-stamping? Like, for re-entry if I leave the venue? Am I allowed to bring my headgear? I don't want to go home at the end of the day. I want to go to a bar. Will you go with me? Are you buying drinks?

Ernie
11-23-2007, 12:37 PM
tons of "experts" pouring scorn, lineage champions, dry land swimmers, swimmers or toe dippers, clips here there and everywhere focus lost. Challenges issued rebuffed as tough guy talk, Sifu's a deity the answer lies with him, posts after post displaying ones erudition of VT no wc no wt or whatever the hell it's called, you dont know what your talking about,, no you dont know what your talking about, no you dont, no you dont,, groundhog day after day after day,,which is the best martial art mix this with that etc etc

wonder whether any of the personalities carved out here on this forum would step up, really step up if such a platform was available, not none of your sparring variables where you know your safe and going home at the end of the day sharing a joke and a coffee afters, friendship/relationships formed and bonded but going to a place of no restrictions, no time, no weight class where its just you and the other guy, head stamping/eye gouging/biting all allowed,, how close can we get to modern combatives of fighting multiple armed assailants in the pavement arena, well perhaps having a what we english call a straightener could be a way forward who'd step up? Honestly would you??

Well Kev ,
your the only cat I know that personally done this on more then one occasion in the last 2 years .. were the end result were guys ending up in ICU ,, so besides you buddy ,, I think you will find most prefer ring and mat games .. and talking about what ifs , tournaments and chi sau contest ;)

keep keep'n it real brother peace E.

AmanuJRY
11-23-2007, 01:16 PM
My black eye just cleared up...if that means anything.;):cool:

...and I'm nursing a foot injury from a kick.....that didn't go so good...

sanjuro_ronin
11-23-2007, 01:21 PM

Been there, done that, learned more and got better in the ring and in class than I ever did from being a "toughguy".

Kevin Bell
11-23-2007, 01:39 PM
Been there,.

See "there" to me is a place where the only certainty is that there is no certainty is that "there" for you ((collective You)) Not sparring, not the wing chun with BJJ mixed with a serving of Thai but fighting.

Alan Orr
11-23-2007, 01:43 PM

I don't post much because of the groundhog day spin. I'm so tried trying to promote wing chun as a functional art with guys who don't want train hard.

In the end you can only do what you do. Having a event for people to test and have some pressure will bring quite to us all.

Real fighting is for when you have a real reason. Otherwise you do not care about the art of martial arts in my mind.

Regards

Alan

sanjuro_ronin
11-23-2007, 02:01 PM
See "there" to me is a place where the only certainty is that there is no certainty is that "there" is for you ((collective You)) Not sparring, not the wing chun with BJJ mixed with a serving of Thai but fighting.

Like I said, been there.

Kevin Bell
11-23-2007, 03:07 PM
Real fighting is for when you have a real reason. Otherwise you do not care about the art of martial arts in my mind.

Regards

Alan

Unbeknown to you Alan you were the actual catalyst for this thread as a result of a phone conversation with a friend over the pond, as your approach is one of the very few i respect. See i appreciate your approach yet your castigated for it, so for all the arguing whats the solution? If "fighting" in it's purest rawest format is not caring about the art of martial arts then so be it but how else do you satisfy the blood lust of the keyboard warrior expert so quick with the desultory insult? How can the bare knuckle toe to toe with a view to taking one's theoretical skills off the test bench into the "moment of truth" be derided? Can you see all the voracious contibutors to this forum step up and forward to "validate" their lineage they profess to care so much about?

Alan Orr
11-23-2007, 03:36 PM
Unbeknown to you Alan you were the actual catalyst for this thread as a result of a phone conversation with a friend over the pond, as your approach is one of the very few i respect. See i appreciate your approach yet your castigated for it, so for all the arguing whats the solution? If "fighting" in it's purest rawest format is not caring about the art of martial arts then so be it but how else do you satisfy the blood lust of the keyboard warrior expert so quick with the desultory insult? How can the bare knuckle toe to toe with a view to taking one's theoretical skills off the test bench into the "moment of truth" be derided? Can you see all the voracious contibutors to this forum step up and forward to "validate" their lineage they profess to care so much about?

Hi Kevin

Thanks for your comments. I agree with you. That's why I have tried to bring something about, which is at least more 'real'. I don't post that much because I am busy training my guys to fight. I not a fan of forums for the same reasons as you.

My group is all about testing skills and growing from the tests. I have seen so much bad wing chun, so many guys who tell people they are 'masters' it makes me sick. I keep quite, as I tried to do my own thing. But of late its getting to me a bit. LOL Must be age... ha ha

I like you have been around wing chun for a long time and know who's got the goods and who not. I not saying they are all on this forum. But its time to do something rather that nothing.

I have 3 guys fighting on 16th Dec in a MMA comp. 2 Pro. So training hard right now!

My best

Alan

Kevin Bell
11-23-2007, 05:39 PM
Hey Alan,

That's great and best wishes with that. In fact i'd love to chew the fat with you over what strength and conditioning protocols you employ for athletic performance, perhaps another thread when time allows and your not so busy ;)

Alan Orr
11-23-2007, 05:50 PM
Hey Alan,

That's great and best wishes with that. In fact i'd love to chew the fat with you over what strength and conditioning protocols you employ for athletic performance, perhaps another thread when time allows and your not so busy ;)

Hi Kevin

Much thanks.

Anytime, put some questions together and I see if I can help.

That would be good use of the forum:)

My best

Alan

Ernie
11-23-2007, 05:56 PM
Hi Kevin

Much thanks.

Anytime, put some questions together and I see if I can help.

That would be good use of the forum:)

My best

Alan

Allen ,
Kev is very well versed on S&C dude is a specimen ! ,, he just wrote my new training
regiment for the next few months , time to revamp routine ;)

Alan Orr
11-23-2007, 06:07 PM
Allen ,
Kev is very well versed on S&C dude is a specimen ! ,, he just wrote my new training
regiment for the next few months , time to revamp routine ;)

Hi Ernie

Good ot hear from you. I am told you are a skilled man.

That is great. S & C is often overlooked in wing chun. It is a must for any martial arts.

My best

Alan

Ernie
11-23-2007, 06:12 PM
Hi Ernie

Good ot hear from you. I am told you are a skilled man.

That is great. S & C is often overlooked in wing chun. It is a must for any martial arts.

My best

Alan

LOL someone must be telling you lies ;) I'm a wing chun theoretical arm chair key board warrior that runs around in silk PJ's with kung fu slipper :D

be well brother;)

Alan Orr
11-24-2007, 05:10 AM
LOL someone must be telling you lies ;) I'm a wing chun theoretical arm chair key board warrior that runs around in silk PJ's with kung fu slipper :D

be well brother;)

Is this the new Wing Chun look this year or is it the original Wing Chun look?:)

LOL

Best

Alan

AmanuJRY
11-24-2007, 08:43 AM
Is this the new Wing Chun look this year or is it the original Wing Chun look?:)

It's a new fad...kinda like the Beatles wearing Neru jackets....:D