PDA

View Full Version : The Completion stages of my book

hskwarrior
11-25-2007, 03:11 PM
Well, i've re-started my book project and would like to hear what some of you would like to see in a CLF book.

I did our history side, and i'm going thru our basic training as well as other things.

but what else are you looking for in a book on the CLF system?

i got my own ideas, but want to see if i haven't covered anything.

i'm including pad work, applications, drills, and such.

so what am i missing?

diego
11-25-2007, 09:06 PM
Well, i've re-started my book project and would like to hear what some of you would like to see in a CLF book.

I did our history side, and i'm going thru our basic training as well as other things.

so what am i missing?

I've been meaning to make a thread asking if anyone knows what combo's the CLF fighters trained to beat the thais...if you don't have the specific details i would def buy a CLF book that showed effective combo's to train for the street and ring uno like some drills that would be usefull for any southern style specifically and usefull for any martial artist in general.
Peace

extrajoseph
11-26-2007, 04:37 AM

so what am i missing?

Proper names and terminology with their Chinese characters and a standardised Cantonese pronunciation with their Mandarin equivalent, so we can all speak the same language.

hskwarrior
11-26-2007, 07:29 AM
thanks for you input brother jo.

Jeong
11-26-2007, 08:33 AM
I'd be interested in some info about all the various dummies in CLF. I train with the Chin Jong all the time, but I don't know much about the other dummies.

Also some more eclectic things; lion dancing, pressure points, CLF-qigong.

Oh, and definitely want to echo extrajoseph too. Good luck Frank, I could see a book on CLF quickly turning into a 3000 page project...

PM
11-26-2007, 02:04 PM
Proper names and terminology with their Chinese characters and a standardised Cantonese pronunciation with their Mandarin equivalent, so we can all speak the same language.

exactly. with the Mandarin equivalent it could be sometimes hard, as some of the terms are Cantonese only.

anyway, good luck with you project - i am working on similar thing about Hung Ga Kyun:

http://www.hungkyun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=151

dupisha
11-26-2007, 05:17 PM
How about, in your history, you say a dragon started it, with a talking panda, it's more believable than the crap about dissing the true founder Chan Heung.
hey, show people a picture of Heong sings grave, oh yeah, there isn't one, hes a fictional character.

it's nice, you should write childrens books.

The Xia
11-26-2007, 05:17 PM
I think interviews with prominent masters would be cool. :)

The Xia
11-26-2007, 05:19 PM
I've been meaning to make a thread asking if anyone knows what combo's the CLF fighters trained to beat the thais...
Combining your idea with mine, maybe he can ask this in an interview with Buk Sing master Lai Hung. :D

hskwarrior
11-26-2007, 05:48 PM
i told you guys that Master Lai Hung snatched me up in fut san and made me stand guard for him right? he is such a nice man.

hskwarrior
11-26-2007, 05:50 PM
there you go dipschitsha.........

oh i'm sorry........let me help you......with your handicap and all......

www.hshlk.zoomshare.com
www.hskfounder.zoomshare.com
www.chingcho.zoomshare.com
www.usahsk.zoomshare.com
www.clfqna.zoomshare.com

pick a card any card........all the answers lay right in front of you ugly face......

The Xia
11-27-2007, 07:58 PM
i told you guys that Master Lai Hung snatched me up in fut san and made me stand guard for him right? he is such a nice man.
I vaguely remember you posting something about that. :D
What happened again?

Vilmore
11-27-2007, 08:11 PM
Frank, that's a great, I mean really great idea from The Xia, interviews with great masters. And dont ask like the questions everybody knows the answer of :) but ask specifics. like how they used to train ect.
That would be really cool.

btw I love this interview http://members-central.optushome.com.au/meanstreets/clf/ and the click Sifu David Lacey on the left hand side.

The Xia
11-27-2007, 09:13 PM
Frank, that's a great, I mean really great idea from The Xia, interviews with great masters. And dont ask like the questions everybody knows the answer of :) but ask specifics. like how they used to train ect.
That would be really cool.
Glad you like my idea. :)

btw I love this interview http://members-central.optushome.com.au/meanstreets/clf/ and the click Sifu David Lacey on the left hand side.
I love that one as well. Not only does Sifu David Lacey share some great information but he has flair for telling it.

The Xia
11-28-2007, 08:37 PM
Characteristics of the different branches and lineages.

kukulcan
08-01-2011, 03:18 PM
I would buy a book for sure! When is the date of release? I am pulling out my CC now!

YouKnowWho
08-01-2011, 04:35 PM
What I like to see in a TCMA book are:

- principle to techniques mapping,
- offense, defense and counter, combo,
- how to enhance certain skill?
- how to train with partner and solo?
- entering strategies,
- finish strategies,

Firehawk4
08-02-2011, 01:26 PM
I would like to see your Sup Yee Sik basic techniques or san sik .