PDA

View Full Version : Maybe the mount is not the answer

sanjuro_ronin
11-27-2007, 11:42 AM
http://www.comegetyousome.com/viewvid.php?id=158

LOL !!!

onehawaiian
12-08-2007, 08:49 PM
the girl in the hot pink shirt finishes the fight with slapping.
interesting.

冠木侍
01-11-2008, 11:50 PM
The guy who mounted got too focused with slapping and forgot about the "friends" that were around.

I guess it wasn't a one on one fight after all.

STUDD WILSON
02-08-2008, 08:53 AM
The guy who mounted got too focused with slapping and forgot about the "friends" that were around.

I guess it wasn't a one on one fight after all.

The biggest and best arguement against BJJ's effectiveness in a REAL streetfight - Their friends. :D

SevenStar
02-08-2008, 11:08 AM
The biggest and best arguement against BJJ's effectiveness in a REAL streetfight - Their friends. :D

that can also be the biggest argument for it...

sanjuro_ronin
02-08-2008, 12:04 PM

Very true, the guard can be a very useful position if you have no choice to fight from the ground, it allows you to control your opponent from your back and use him as a shield in many ways.

STUDD WILSON
02-08-2008, 05:55 PM

Please explain. I trained in BJJ for a while and ....well you just can't grapple multiple opponents. If you are talking about tournament fighting (NHB) I will agree with you whole heartedly but of all the arts I have studied I would rank Muay Thai as being probably the most practical and efective and BJJ as the least applicable. Grappling s a piece of the overall puzzle but in my real world experience going to the ground in most situations in a modern altercation is tantamount to suicide. The best bet is to slug it out, get a good punch in, break free and run. There isn't any glory when you've got a bunch of thug friends waiting to "help out". I don't care if you are Royce Gracie, if they've got a few friends around especially with a few concelaed weapons to help out then you are toast. I've never seen or been involved in a truly one on one encounter in Asia and I would argue that the same would be true for anywhere where somebody has the guts to start some crap. There's always a reason why they're being so bold.

Seppukku
02-09-2008, 09:28 AM
Please explain. I trained in BJJ for a while and ....well you just can't grapple multiple opponents. If you are talking about tournament fighting (NHB) I will agree with you whole heartedly but of all the arts I have studied I would rank Muay Thai as being probably the most practical and efective and BJJ as the least applicable. Grappling s a piece of the overall puzzle but in my real world experience going to the ground in most situations in a modern altercation is tantamount to suicide. The best bet is to slug it out, get a good punch in, break free and run. There isn't any glory when you've got a bunch of thug friends waiting to "help out". I don't care if you are Royce Gracie, if they've got a few friends around especially with a few concelaed weapons to help out then you are toast. I've never seen or been involved in a truly one on one encounter in Asia and I would argue that the same would be true for anywhere where somebody has the guts to start some crap. There's always a reason why they're being so bold.

****in' A.

And, consequently, Huckin' B

冠木侍
02-09-2008, 03:08 PM

Had he not focused too much on slapping and toying around. Maybe if he had ended it quickly, then he probably would not have been surprised by that cheap shot.

The odds were not in the mounter's favor in this fight.