PDA

View Full Version : Fly?

Andy Johnson
01-21-2001, 05:24 AM
Is it possible to have enough Qi to actually float or levitate yourself in air?

old jong
01-21-2001, 06:04 AM
Now that's a fun question! well actually it is possible,maybe not to fly or levitate but more accurately bounce in the air without no effort apparent!...peoples doing "transcendantal meditation" seems to be doing that all the time!
They sit and meditate and bounce around on their buts! I saw it! And it's a little funny to watch! :D

C'est la vie!

origenx
01-21-2001, 08:28 PM
Yeah, I think the "yogic flying" where people bounce up and down on mattresses while in full-lotus is...just bouncing up and down on a mattress.

As far as true levitation or flying - it's legendarily possible but who knows? But I've heard more reliably accounts of ching gong where people could jump up 20-25 feet. Of course, that is exceedingly rare too.

o
01-22-2001, 12:38 AM
About the flying...

To do this, one must have both the yin and yang qi cultivated (level 4 training--taiji level). The yin qi is related to gravity-warping "forces". This is how some of the telekinesis is done. The yang qi is related to the blue orgone refered to by Reich. I found this info in "The Magus of Java" by Kosta Danaos.

monkeywoman
01-22-2001, 04:29 AM
The art of flying is simply accomplished by throwing your self on the ground and missing.
:) ΓΈ

Kung Lek
01-24-2001, 09:44 PM
so you wanna fly eh? hahahaha.

first go to the airport...

or "If we were meant to fly we would be born with wings"

a not so worthwhile pursuit. akin to attempting to live underwater without apparatus to support your life.

However, lightness training is key!

peace

Kung Lek

Qiman
01-25-2001, 05:08 AM
I will ask Santa what school of Qigong he has studied with the next time I see him. ;)

HuangKaiVun
01-26-2001, 05:34 AM
I'm not convinced that levitating oneself in air by qi alone is possible - or even necessary.

What would one do with such a skill?

But flying MENTALLY - that's a different story.

Qiman
03-01-2001, 02:12 AM
He does the San Ti posture and that is how he flys up the chemney. His chi is so strong that it radiates to the reindeer. We have had his name wrong all these years. The correct spelling is:

San Ti Claus. :D

Scott
03-03-2001, 10:47 PM
Huang brings up an interesting point -- mental projection. Its something that has been practiced by several different cultures all over the world, most of which had no contact with each other.

By mental projection I mean your mind or 'spirit' leaving your body and floating around in the outside world.

Most mental or as witches called it, "astral projection" is achieved with some drug use. Witches would rub a balm on their temples which contained both mistletoe and nightshade (both very deadly poisons) before astral projection. Ancient indian shaman smoked Peyote, a halucinogen, before their astral projection.

What do I think it really is? Well, after some decent research...

Your subconcious records every single little thing you see for your whole life. It is theorized that this is the other 90% of your brain. Some examples of this are hypnosis used in court cases -- Victims can often recount every tiny detail of something that happened in an incredibly stressful time 10 to 15 years ago. Or more. its all in your subconcious.
Your concious and subconcious are not usually united. Drug use, especially those of halucinogens, puts you in a half sleeping state, in which your subconcious may very well be working in unison with your active or "awake" mind.

Could meditation unite your two conciousness? Who knows.
-Scott

"Life is hard, but so am I." -- The Eels.

Scott
03-03-2001, 10:49 PM
I looked back over my post and realized that I didn't tie in my two bits of information.

The thought is, when you astral project you are flying back through your subconcious' perfect recording of your surroundings.

-Scott

"Life is hard, but so am I." -- The Eels.

o
03-04-2001, 03:16 AM
I found this theory in "The Magus of Java" (yes, there's a lot of stuff packed into that small book), by Kosta Danaos.

It says that we have two parts to our body: the yang qi and the yin qi. You can fly after you meditate for a while and have your yin body leave your yang body. After your trip, you can return and unite the two again.

As Scott mentioned, there are multiple ways of allegedly acheiving flight. Some other sources call it a type of out-of-body-experience (OBE). I too have run into the witch stuff with Carlos Castaneda and Don Juan. They fly with drugs.

Furthermore, many yogis can levitate while they're in the lotus position (about 6-36 inches above the floor I think). I found this explained in that book above also.

By the way, levitation and flying are two separate phenomena

dwid
03-04-2001, 11:04 PM
Regarding the hypnosis thing. Not to dismiss the underlying theory that the mind records everything, it has never been scientifically proven that hypnosis helps a person remember something they couldn't remember without it. To the contrary, most courts will not admit testimony from hypnotized subjects because they have been irreparably tampered with. Let me clarify. Scientific study has shown pretty clearly that certain types of people (those most susceptible to hypnosis) have a tendency to sort of just make things up while under hypnosis. They are incredibly perceptive of the hypnotists intent, and use that as a general map of where they take their story, but it is just that, a story. Sorry to rant here, but coming from a background in psychology, hypnosis is a dangerous thing, and too many people still think it's a useful tool for enhancing memory.

Hope that helped.

masterroshi100
03-12-2001, 06:05 PM
As you may be able to derive from all of my other 2 or 3 posts, I am a full believer in the powers of chi. Have you ever seen Dragonball Z? I think you may have. I think it is fully possible and I hope to some day achieve it through meditation. Anyway, Tibetan monks have been known to use telekinesis. Here is the biggest question of all: If you can pick up a jar with your mind, why can't you try to pick yourself up? It makes sense. That's my opinion.

GeneChing
01-08-2018, 11:03 AM
This thread popped up when I searched 'airport'. This is a very random ttt, but qigong just ain't in the news that much. Plus I thought this was a funny thread. :D

Pingtung seeks to revive fortunes of Hengchun Airport (http://focustaiwan.tw/news/asoc/201801080018.aspx)
2018/01/08 19:39:20

http://img5.cna.com.tw/Eng/WebEngPhotos//CEP/20180108/201801080018t0001.jpg
Image taken from Hengchun Airport's Facebook page

Taipei, Jan. 8 (CNA) Hengchun Airport in southern Taiwan's Pingtung County has been trying to drum up new business after ending domestic flights more than three years ago.

Pingtung County authorities, keen to revive the airport which stopped accepting domestic flights in September 2014, have tried to turn it into a multi-purpose facility, including renting it out to groups for qigong, hosting banquets and aviation training camps.

For more than a year, a group of qigong practitioners have exercised at the terminal every Friday. The group's members are reportedly very satisfied with the arrangement, particularly the quiet and spacious environment, describing it as a "five-star" venue, Han Jui-sheng (韓瑞生), Hengchun Airport director said.

Hengchun Airport, originally a military airport during the period of Japanese colonial rule, was converted into a civilian airport during the term of former President Chen Shui-bian (陳水扁), as part of the central government's efforts to boost regional development.

The airport, the southernmost such facility in Taiwan which was refurbished at a cost of NT$600 million (US$20 million), opened in October 2004.

However, a strong downslope wind in spring and winter raised questions about safety and visitor arrivals dropped from 23,000 in 2004 to 768 in 2014, before flight services were halted in September that year.

Despite heated debate about the fate of the airport, Pingtung County has been reluctant to give up on the facility and embraced all manner of ideas to generate income, according to a report published by the Chinese-language China Times Monday.

The report cites Pingtung County government spokesman Huang Chien-chia (黃建嘉) as saying passenger volume should not really be a problem for the airport as the famous Kenting beach resort, a major tourist attraction, is in the county.

Huang blames administrative issues related to aviation rights, a military no-flight area and other technical issues as serious headache for aviation companies that undermined the operational efficiency of the airport.

If the runway at Hengchun Airport, just 1,800-meter long and only capable of accommodating landings by ATR planes, is lengthened to 2,400-2,600 meters, it could also service ERJ aircraft, including charter flights, Huang enthused.

Han was quoted as saying that the central government has no plans to close the airport in the short term and so it is extremely important to make the most of it.

In August last year, an ATR plane landed at the airport as part of a training course -- the first aircraft to use the airport since late 2014, the report said.

Apart from continuing to serve as a site where the military and private companies test fly airplanes or hold training camps, Hengchun Airport has also been rented out to shoot commercials by car companies, TV series and by MV producers, the report said.

At present, the airport is run by a skeleton staff, including a director, technician, an air traffic controller as well as three airport policemen and seven firemen, the report said.

(By Flor Wang)
Enditem/AW