PDA

View Full Version : Grand Master Dino Salvatera-tribute

hskwarrior
11-29-2007, 05:11 PM
WELL, I SLAPPED THIS TOGETHER REAL QUICK.......

BUT I HOPE YA'LL ENJOY IT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmLYdyJE_Yg

The Xia
11-29-2007, 05:35 PM
Does your sifu still teach?

hskwarrior
11-29-2007, 06:14 PM
Yeah, He's Still Actively Teaching And Now Doing Archery.

So What'd You Think?

The Xia
11-29-2007, 06:27 PM
I loved it! Cool pictures and demos. I liked how he rolled on the street. It shows me that he trained his Gung Fu so it can be used for real. I also liked his strong stances and clean movement. I can see why he is such a respected master. It's good to hear he is still actively teaching.

The Xia
11-29-2007, 06:28 PM
After seeing his Gung Fu and reading his bio, if you want to go with the idea of having interviews in your book, I’d love to see what he has to say.

hskwarrior
11-29-2007, 06:34 PM
Oh, I'm Working On Other Things,

But The Book Is Just To Chronicle Who We Are, What We're About.

At The Same Time, I Don't Want Everything In One Book. Ya Feel Me?:d

But Thats For That.

hskwarrior
11-29-2007, 06:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDbkjGS3qVA

here's an old school two man stick spar from our school.

shaolin_allan
11-29-2007, 07:00 PM
these videos look great hsk. i can see the use of power in the techniques.

hskwarrior
11-29-2007, 07:01 PM
i'm glad you like them.....:D

shaolin_allan
11-29-2007, 07:03 PM
so how much of clf is actually tiger?

hskwarrior
11-29-2007, 07:05 PM
its really just one aspect of what we do. however, its more than just a hand form.

shaolin_allan
11-29-2007, 07:07 PM
thats great, i definitely want to get some books on clf. sounds like a very cool art.

The Xia
11-29-2007, 07:28 PM
Oh, I'm Working On Other Things,

But The Book Is Just To Chronicle Who We Are, What We're About.

At The Same Time, I Don't Want Everything In One Book. Ya Feel Me?:d

But Thats For That.
Yeah, I understand. Gotta save room for more. :D

The Xia
11-29-2007, 07:30 PM
Based on the video, I'm guessing you guys train rolls on street-type surfaces?

hskwarrior
11-29-2007, 08:48 PM
in our school, there are NO floor paddings, we've always practiced rolls on cement.

Green Cloud
11-29-2007, 09:03 PM
in our school, there are NO floor paddings, we've always practiced rolls on cement.

Buy some mats you cheap mother fok ka, na jut playing wit ya bra. I'm sorry to jump in here kind of late but I've got to say sifu Salvator is one of the best CLF people I have ever seen. Maybe the best hung sing person around.

hskwarrior
11-29-2007, 09:20 PM
you know there are a lot of great gung fu masters out there. and IMO, its the ones who don't follow trends and becomes the leader.

My sifu has his own flavor. Its fluid, strong, pretty, and at times for me, hypnotizing.
my sifu attributes it to his being trained by women in his early days.

Many CLF students come out hard and fast.......and that's what their suppose to do. but every once and a while you come across someone like my sifu and you have to say dahm!!!

See, for those of the people out there that may think the lau bun people move too slow is you haven't seen the other lau bun people.

IMO my sifu is one of CLF's best kept secrets.

The Xia
11-29-2007, 09:29 PM
I think that's something people that train Gung Fu to be able to use it for real should do. Rolling on the mat is not the same as rolling on pavement, tiles, wood, etc.

you know there are a lot of great gung fu masters out there. and IMO, its the ones who don't follow trends and becomes the leader.

My sifu has his own flavor. Its fluid, strong, pretty, and at times for me, hypnotizing.
my sifu attributes it to his being trained by women in his early days.

Many CLF students come out hard and fast.......and that's what their suppose to do. but every once and a while you come across someone like my sifu and you have to say dahm!!!

See, for those of the people out there that may think the lau bun people move too slow is you have seen the other lau bun people.

IMO my sifu is one of CLF's best kept secrets.
Yeah, hypnotizing is a good description of how I felt his form looked. He has superb fluidity. And something else, seeing your sifu perform, I can see his flavor in you.

Green Cloud
11-29-2007, 09:41 PM
I think that's something people that train Gung Fu to be able to use it for real should do. Rolling on the mat is not the same as rolling on pavement, tiles, wood, etc.

That's true Xia, but when you are a beginner mats are recomended unless you enjoy the fracturing the disks in your back and I speak from experience. I like wood especialy when your head makes that nice sounding thwak:D Altough I get your point.

The Xia
11-29-2007, 09:48 PM
That's true Xia, but when you are a beginner mats are recomended unless you enjoy the fracturing the disks in your back and I speak from experience. I like wood especialy when your head makes that nice sounding thwak:D Altough I get your point.
I can see how a beginner might want to start out on a mat. Although I more or less started with wood lol. Avoiding bumping the head was the biggest thing for me. I thankfully (to being careful) never hurt myself doing it.

hskwarrior
11-29-2007, 09:50 PM
now xia, you trying yo make me blush?:o

its a real honor for me to hear that someone can see my sifu's hand within my own. i idolized how he moves......i've tried....but we're two different people.

however, i've heard my sifu's classmates say they can tell i'm his student by the way i move. and just recently, the dai si hing of MY school, said that he can see my hands in my other student neals.

like i said, thats a blessing to me. thank you.

Green Cloud
11-29-2007, 09:51 PM
That's|cool Xia I Guess your one of the lucky ones:)

hskwarrior
11-29-2007, 09:58 PM
IMO certain kind of luxuries within a martial arts school should be taken away.

see, when you tumble on cement, you focus on trying to get it right more seriously because when you bump your head on the cement you'd wish you were on mats.

hell, even with my spinal injury, i still tumble on cement.

but we've always tended to lean towards training extremes.

when we use knives, swords and such, they're real and can cut you bad. so it teaches you to respect bladed weapons on a higher level.

Green Cloud
11-29-2007, 10:06 PM
Ok Frank what ever you say, can you post more video of Sifu Salvatore??? I like the one with the Kwon Dao,, and if you got some empty hand stuff that would be great.

The Xia
11-29-2007, 10:07 PM
now xia, you trying yo make me blush?:o

its a real honor for me to hear that someone can see my sifu's hand within my own. i idolized how he moves......i've tried....but we're two different people.

however, i've heard my sifu's classmates say they can tell i'm his student by the way i move. and just recently, the dai si hing of MY school, said that he can see my hands in my other student neals.

like i said, thats a blessing to me. thank you.
You're welcome. :)
I wouldn't say it if I didn't see it, and if your sifu's classmates see it, how can it not be there? Sure, you have a much different bodytype then your sifu, but I still notice it in the way you move. A lot of people wouldn't expect that kind of fluidity from a big guy. The fact that you could see his hands in you speaks volumes of both your dedication and his. I'm glad that your students are experiencing it as well.

That's|cool Xia I Guess your one of the lucky ones:)
I like to think it was my being careful (of course, that doesn't mean something can go wrong). :)
I didn't rush into it. I started slowly and carefully. Failures consisted of stumbling due to worrying about injury, but I didn't get hurt. After that hurdle, I became more confident and took it from there. OTOH, before training, I had some experience in rolling (nothing special, just the kind any kid would).

The Xia
11-29-2007, 10:13 PM
IMO certain kind of luxuries within a martial arts school should be taken away.

see, when you tumble on cement, you focus on trying to get it right more seriously because when you bump your head on the cement you'd wish you were on mats.

hell, even with my spinal injury, i still tumble on cement.

but we've always tended to lean towards training extremes.

when we use knives, swords and such, they're real and can cut you bad. so it teaches you to respect bladed weapons on a higher level.
Yeah, I agree with that. The kid rolls I was talking about in my last post pretty much consisted of rolling on my head (mostly on carpet, sometimes on tiles which in retrospect was dangerous) from a squatting position. So when I started learning to roll correctly, I kind of flopped a few times at first because I wanted to make sure I do it right so I don't get put out of commission (where there will be no rolling done for a while). Once I got the technique down to make sure I don't get a concussion or neck injury it was pretty fun. Much harder then other surfaces I was used to. How did your experience go when you first learned rolling?

Green Cloud
11-29-2007, 10:14 PM
I agree Frank is like the Samo Hung of Hung Sing:) And by the way as long as you do a shoulder roll properly you needn't worry about ckracking your head, but I got a feeling that's not a problem for you.

hskwarrior
11-29-2007, 10:18 PM
WTF? ok, whatever you say? and then you want me to post something else?:mad:

don't make me fly out to NY.....we can do a battle of the handicapps.....

LMAO

hskwarrior
11-29-2007, 10:20 PM
hey gus,

samo hung of hung sing can lose weight, but you will always be OOOOGLAAAYYY!!!!

Green Cloud
11-29-2007, 10:20 PM
Don't make me brake out my Sam Sing Ga Kune out

hskwarrior
11-29-2007, 10:21 PM
you know surprisingly, when i fell that 50 feet, i did hit my head. but no damage.

unless i wasn't born with these big old bumps!!!!:(

The Xia
11-29-2007, 10:21 PM
I agree Frank is like the Samo Hung of Hung Sing:)
Now all we need is a Hung Sing Jackie Chan and Yuen Biao! :D

And by the way as long as you do a shoulder roll properly you needn't worry about ckracking your head, but I got a feeling that's not a problem for you.
I learned that after playing with it, but when I started out I wanted to make sure I was doing it properly.

hskwarrior
11-29-2007, 10:22 PM
hey you know who's fat and still one of the best?

Green Cloud
11-29-2007, 10:23 PM
WTF? ok, whatever you say? and then you want me to post something else?:mad:

don't make me fly out to NY.....we can do a battle of the handicapps.....

LMAO

OOYY my hip is detachable and I can throw it at ya like a boomerang:)

The Xia
11-29-2007, 10:23 PM
Hey being called Sammo Hung is a compliment as far as I'm concerned. He moves **** well, is funny, can act, and has made some awesome movies.

hskwarrior
11-29-2007, 10:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc7Q9GTNy70

Green Cloud
11-29-2007, 10:26 PM
I learned that after playing with it, but when I started out I wanted to make sure I was doing it properly.[/QUOTE]

No worries I've been playing with it for years:o

hskwarrior
11-29-2007, 10:27 PM
hey gus, remember our conversations, i can be very shady.....

if i got the upper hand, i'm taking your detachable hip back to cali with me.:D

Green Cloud
11-29-2007, 10:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc7Q9GTNy70

I am proud to say that even when those pants were in style I never had a pair and eve if I did you wouldn't catch me wearing them on camera.

Green Cloud
11-29-2007, 10:32 PM
hey gus, remember our conversations, i can be very shady.....

if i got the upper hand, i'm taking your detachable hip back to cali with me.:D

That Ok my hip is state of the art it comes equiped with Lo Jack.:D

hskwarrior
cliff lok got fat, but he's still the bomb

and teaches in hong kong.

The Xia
If you can do the Gung Fu it doesn't matter. In fact, some folks might make the mistake of underestimating you. Check out Xingyi, Bagua, and Tai Chi master Wang Shujin.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgSPsiQhAZk
Now before anyone complains about who is punching him, Wang was also punched by Jon Bluming of Kyokushin fame.
http://www.koryu.com/library/rsmith1.html
From the site, "By the time of my six-week stay in 1961, Wang had taken the best that several high-ranking Japanese karate, kenpo, and other martial art experts could offer, and hurt the indestructible Jon Bluming with a no-inch punch that the film actor Bruce Lee would have envied. Bluming tried to get even by taking a free hit at Wang's paunch and only hurt his own wrist."

Green Cloud
11-29-2007, 10:35 PM
Wow it's like humty dumpty doing kung fu:eek:

Green Cloud
11-29-2007, 10:36 PM
Xia I get your point fat joke asside I think Frank is realy sexy;)

doug maverick
11-29-2007, 10:40 PM

Yeah, hypnotizing is a good description of how I felt his form looked. He has superb fluidity. And something else, seeing your sifu perform, I can see his flavor in you.

yeah but rolling on the concrete gives you alot of chronic shoulder problems. doesn;t matter how you do them cause your body wasn't meant to roll on concrete.

The Xia
11-29-2007, 10:42 PM
You can't accuse him of "letting himself go" either. The man was even a vegetarian. Genetics are a factor.

hskwarrior
:eek: man its not that type of party!!!!!!!

doug maverick
If you can do the Gung Fu it doesn't matter. In fact, some folks might make the mistake of underestimating you. Check out Xingyi, Bagua, and Tai Chi master Wang Shujin.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgSPsiQhAZk
Now before anyone complains about who is punching him, Wang was also punched by Jon Bluming of Kyokushin fame.
http://www.koryu.com/library/rsmith1.html
From the site, "By the time of my six-week stay in 1961, Wang had taken the best that several high-ranking Japanese karate, kenpo, and other martial art experts could offer, and hurt the indestructible Jon Bluming with a no-inch punch that the film actor Bruce Lee would have envied. Bluming tried to get even by taking a free hit at Wang's paunch and only hurt his own wrist."
i told you about that no inch punch. my sifu said its ****ing lethal and from what i seen him do i believe it.

The Xia
11-29-2007, 10:44 PM
I am proud to say that even when those pants were in style I never had a pair and eve if I did you wouldn't catch me wearing them on camera.
Funky clothes, good action. :D
Makes me nostalgic about old school Kung Fu movies. And can't get any better then sifus Cliff Lok and Mark Houghton going at it can you? :cool:

The Xia
11-29-2007, 10:46 PM
:eek: man its not that type of party!!!!!!!
What's with all that kind of talk around you? Eddie with the thong, now this! Must be because you're from Cisco! :D

The Xia
11-29-2007, 10:47 PM
i told you about that no inch punch. my sifu said its ****ing lethal and from what i seen him do i believe it.
I don't doubt it.

Green Cloud
11-29-2007, 10:52 PM
Funky clothes, good action. :D
Makes me nostalgic about old school Kung Fu movies. And can't get any better then sifus Cliff Lok and Mark Houghton going at it can you? :cool:

Ich nee san chi Rock Rock The Planet Rock it's the Soul Sonic Force, yea I have to agree old school is Dope.

Green Cloud
11-29-2007, 10:54 PM
I don't doubt it.

The One inch punch is one thing but when you got one inch that's bad:eek:

Green Cloud
11-29-2007, 10:59 PM
I'm sorry I feel that this might have digressed please forgive me, back to paying respects to Sifu Franks Sifu. If only he could post more footage of the man we can continue to pay tribute.

hskwarrior
11-29-2007, 11:00 PM
hey, this is my sifu's tribute thread.......

keep your inches out of this.:D

and out of my vacinity!!!!!!

Green Cloud
11-29-2007, 11:03 PM
hey, this is my sifu's tribute thread.......

keep your inches out of this.:D

and out of my vacinity!!!!!!

Heay you know a Greek never leaves his brothers behind:D

The Xia
11-29-2007, 11:04 PM
How was your experience training rolls with your sifu?

hskwarrior
11-29-2007, 11:09 PM
one thing you have to understand, we were young and gung ho about gung fu.

we rolled and rolled and rolled and bumped our heads hella times.

we were no strangers to pain back then........we practiced hard and fought hard....

so training under him was always full of stuff.

Green Cloud
11-29-2007, 11:13 PM
How was your experience training rolls with your sifu?

I was lucky enough to have trained in other styles before I met Sifu CTS so I already had a descent shoulder roll bit it was usualy done on his tar roof or on a basketball court. Back then I was pretty resiliant since I was younger, but as you get older it's hard to recover from injuries that are sustaine from rolling around on concrete.