PDA

View Full Version : Some Lama Pai Hand Forms

Lama Pai Sifu
11-29-2007, 09:10 PM
Here is Dai Gum Gong Kyuhn.

Dai Gum Gong (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5Z8Gpq-RUY)

Ng Ying Kyuhn

Ng Ying (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SypClCeeg8)

First one is David Ross, the next is Me.

Just a small section from the middle is removed from each...in case any wannabee get an itch to start calling themselves Lama Masters and use our forms. D'oh!

doug maverick
11-29-2007, 09:47 PM
looks good. i think i have a friend who is a student of yours. a rather tall(6'5'') asian man. probably the nicest guy on the face of this earth don;t want to put his name out. but you would know i'm talking about.

lkfmdc
11-29-2007, 09:47 PM
thanks Mike, I always thought that Dai Gam Gong was one of the nicer sets we learned.... of course, I am just walking through it, but I'm sure people interested in CTS lama will find it interesting

diego
11-30-2007, 12:13 AM

Ng Ying Kyuhn

Just a small section from the middle is removed from each...in case any wannabee get an itch to start calling themselves Lama Masters and use our forms. D'oh!

****it i had my nifty lama master headband designs sent to the tailor to....fu-q

sanjuro_ronin
11-30-2007, 05:36 AM
Nice clips !
I could feel the chi !

Dragonzbane76
11-30-2007, 06:44 AM
How much do you speed it up when going full through on it?

David Jamieson
11-30-2007, 06:48 AM
wow, the gum gong is utterly different than the sil lum version i have learned.

cool.

Lama Pai Sifu
11-30-2007, 07:08 AM
wow, the gum gong is utterly different than the sil lum version i have learned.

cool.

Yeah, a few styles use the tibetan concept or at least the name "Gum Gong" (Diamond).

Since it is a tibetan idea, I always wondered if Lama had influenced a great many styles. We see it's tradmark techniques in Hung Ga and Choy Lay Fut. There are unmistakable influences, but I wonder if they didn't make their was into more styles, at least by name if not be actual techniques.

Would you expect them to be similiar??? :p

lkfmdc
11-30-2007, 07:46 AM
How much do you speed it up when going full through on it?

I was literally walking though that set just so we would have it on video, it is done at quite a different speed in real life

David Jamieson
11-30-2007, 09:49 AM
Yeah, a few styles use the tibetan concept or at least the name "Gum Gong" (Diamond).

Since it is a tibetan idea, I always wondered if Lama had influenced a great many styles. We see it's tradmark techniques in Hung Ga and Choy Lay Fut. There are unmistakable influences, but I wonder if they didn't make their was into more styles, at least by name if not be actual techniques.

Would you expect them to be similiar??? :p

gum is gold isn't it? But i have heard gum gong be called diamond fist in sil lum as well.
I think the connection is shaolin across styles that is. Choy Li Fut is a shaolin based style, like hung gar and so many others. Names and techniques and methods cross over many of these styles.
Have also heard the name as jiang gang, kam kong, king kong(not the giant ape lol) and of course gum gong.

not being a chinese speaker but understanding that dialectic changes cause much confusion. :)
The gum gong i learned comes from Wong Cheung's Sil Lum Hark Fu Muhn Style. My training partner taught me this set a few years ago. It tastes ok.
I didn't get to learn the version my former teacher has, but I understand it is a sil lum set as well.

for what it's worth, the version I learned has a very clf flair to it with large arm movements as opposed to the tighter more in close sets that come from the other black tiger material I was taught which in turn has more of a Hung flavour.

It's all good. Keep promoting the traditional chinese martial arts and intermingling it for todays needs. It's good!

lkfmdc
11-30-2007, 10:36 AM
Gam/Gum can mean gold, it can also mean rare or precious

Gong literally is hard (it is the same character as "Go" in "Goju" as in the "hard soft" karate style)

Gam Gong can mean "diamond"

It can also mean "Vajra" as in "Vajrayana Buddhism"

It can also refer to the "Guardians" - the firece looking figures in Buddhist art

It is more a Buddhist than strictyl Tibetan reference, thus it is pretty common in most Chinese Buddhist based systems

wow, I talk too much

diego
11-30-2007, 10:53 AM

Gong literally is hard (it is the same character as "Go" in "Goju" as in the "hard soft" karate style)

Gam Gong can mean "diamond"

It can also mean "Vajra" as in "Vajrayana Buddhism"

It can also refer to the "Guardians" - the firece looking figures in Buddhist art

It is more a Buddhist than strictyl Tibetan reference, thus it is pretty common in most Chinese Buddhist based systems

wow, I talk too much

you're good @ typing to;):p

lkfmdc
11-30-2007, 10:57 AM
you're good @ typing to;):p

years of university, master's degree and PHD program and I can type about 65 words a minute... I used to go to temp jobs and they'd be amazed ;)

diego
11-30-2007, 01:21 PM
Quick question, i notice twist stance double downward backfist, spin counterclockwise into horse stance and double backfists up is a signature move...do you guys have direct application or is the combo more skill development...one of the free techniques kaido does which is similar...right twist stance and right backfist to right side of his face and your left hand gaurds at your right ribs...spin counterclockwise into horse and hit the groin with your left tiger claw and then rip up his center and follow with right to his solar plexus...how would you guys use that drill?.

lkfmdc
11-30-2007, 01:31 PM
Quick question, i notice twist stance double downward backfist, spin counterclockwise into horse stance and double backfists up is a signature move...do you guys have direct application or is the combo more skill development...one of the free techniques kaido does which is similar...right twist stance and right backfist to right side of his face and your left hand gaurds at your right ribs...spin counterclockwise into horse and hit the groin with your left tiger claw and then rip up his center and follow with right to his solar plexus...how would you guys use that drill?.

Tau Bouh (steal step) Seung Gwa (twin back fist), jyuhn mah (spin) into Sei Ping Mah (horse stance) Pak Yik (crane flapping strike)

I personally see it as exercising both sides of the body, ie in real application I wouldn't use both arms simultaneously

diego
11-30-2007, 01:39 PM
Tau Bouh (steal step) Seung Gwa (twin back fist), jyuhn mah (spin) into Sei Ping Mah (horse stance) Pak Yik (crane flapping strike)

I personally see it as exercising both sides of the body, ie in real application I wouldn't use both arms simultaneously

I get you:)

jmd161
11-30-2007, 03:56 PM

wow, I talk too much

Yeah, that's what it refers to in Hak Fu Mun which David was speaking of. Nah, it's good to hear people "talk too much" it's ties a lot of loose ends and helps when the person actually knows what they're talking about.

We have a lot of Lama techniques with in Hak Fu Mun, it's where the CLF refrence comes in when people speak of HFM.

jeff:)

lkfmdc
11-30-2007, 10:14 PM
to the mf top

diego
12-01-2007, 12:55 PM
Yeah, that's what it refers to in Hak Fu Mun which David was speaking of. Nah, it's good to hear people "talk too much" it's ties a lot of loose ends and helps when the person actually knows what they're talking about.

We have a lot of Lama techniques with in Hak Fu Mun, it's where the CLF refrence comes in when people speak of HFM.

Hey, I got a lot of Hop Gar techniques in my Kajukenbo...:) Can you share some video demonstrating how your school blends Lama?.

Momjoe
12-01-2007, 01:59 PM

Ng Ying Kyuhn

You guys do Tai Chi really well.

jmd161
12-01-2007, 05:08 PM
Hey, I got a lot of Hop Gar techniques in my Kajukenbo...:) Can you share some video demonstrating how your school blends Lama?.

I can't post any new vids, but I can maybe send you some clips that I posted before. Hak Fu is a lot like Hung Kuen in it's useage of Lama, except, I think we use a lot more Lama than Hung Kuen, atleast, from what i've seen so far.

I have no idea how it made it's way into Hak Fu Mun, the only link I could see is through the Ten Tigers, maybe Ross or Lama Pai Sifu might have some idea of the styles paths crossing?

Lama Pai Sifu
12-01-2007, 06:43 PM
You guys do Tai Chi really well.

Thanks! :):):) And tell your Mom she still owes me $5.

lkfmdc
12-01-2007, 07:03 PM
Thanks! :):):) And tell your Mom she still owes me $5.

wow, that's a coincidence, his mom owes me $5 also :D

ingchao
12-01-2007, 09:06 PM
C'mon guys!

Your fathers owe me $5 since kindergarten:eek:

lkfmdc
12-01-2007, 09:25 PM
C'mon guys!

Your fathers owe me $5 since kindergarten:eek:

that would make you very old, so don't make any sudden movemetns, sit back down, maybe take a nap

ingchao
12-01-2007, 09:30 PM
that would make you very old, so don't make any sudden movemetns, sit back down, maybe take a nap

I was in K, didn't say how old yo' pops were.;)

lkfmdc
12-01-2007, 09:45 PM
I was in K, didn't say how old yo' pops were.;)

well, the obvious weakness in your story is that, based upon your grammar, I'd say you NEVER went to kindergarten! Who are you trying to fool!

ingchao
12-01-2007, 09:49 PM
well, the obvious weakness in your story is that, based upon your grammar, I'd say you NEVER went to kindergarten! Who are you trying to fool!

nevertheless...
He still owes me $5:D

ingchao
12-01-2007, 09:52 PM

questions usually end with a.... let me check.....oh yeah.......... a question mark..:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

doug maverick
12-01-2007, 09:53 PM
nevertheless...
He still owes me $5:D

well you owe me 5$. so don't start cheesing like your gonna keep it in your pocket. son

lkfmdc
12-01-2007, 09:55 PM
Doug once owed me $5 and when I went to pick it up he told me I could just reach into is pocket and get it.... the problem was, he wasn't wearing any pants :eek:

ingchao
12-01-2007, 09:56 PM
well you owe me 5$. so don't start cheesing like your gonna keep it in your pocket. son

Get it from your Dad, who still has my "Captain America" Underoos in his closet.:mad:

The Xia
12-01-2007, 10:46 PM
Where’s neilhytholt when you need him? He’d probably be lecturing you on how evil women are and how lethal germs can spread by way of unclean $5 bills! :D

Seppukku
12-02-2007, 07:55 AM
Doug once owed me $5 and when I went to pick it up he told me I could just reach into is pocket and get it.... the problem was, he wasn't wearing any pants :eek:

So he wasn't wearing any pants, and he owed you 5 dollars? Did he owe you 5 dollars for something that involved getting him out of his pants, or something done while he wasn't wearing any pants? We need more details. Is this common practice in Sanda?

lkfmdc
12-02-2007, 08:14 AM
So he wasn't wearing any pants, and he owed you 5 dollars?

Oh come on, you remember! I bet him $5 that if he did you in the rear, you'd enjoy it and ask for more. He didn't think so. But, of course, after he started and you moaned and called him "daddy" he realized I was right and knew he owed me the $5