PDA

View Full Version : Lau Bun Lineage Sup Ji Kau Da (1/3 Of It)

hskwarrior
12-01-2007, 03:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwWPUhNZ5vo

ingchao
12-01-2007, 06:13 PM
Beautiful form!

I'm not a big trip hop fan, but nice job beat matching the music to the vid!!

hskwarrior
12-01-2007, 06:32 PM
hey thanks. that's my sihing. :D

See folks, i told you we don't move slow like the old timers of hung sing.

Green Cloud
12-02-2007, 01:11 AM
Very nice Frank. I notice some tiger and some crane in there and the opening was interesting is that also done in your sup ji kune??

hskwarrior
12-02-2007, 03:53 AM
For the most part, the first 1/3 is mostly the long opening or hoi jong. but most of our set openings look like this.

found within that opening you can find the revolutionary sentiments of way back when.

The tiger and crane are very tell tale aspect of the Fut San hoi jong.

hskwarrior
12-02-2007, 03:55 AM
That opening as i've said, is one of the oldest openings in the Fut San hung sing kwoon.

all of the real true blooded hung sing kwoon's should have that opening.

buk sing has that opening just with a different twist.

hskwarrior
12-02-2007, 04:29 AM
you can see our opening and closing in this form.....slightly different.....but if you look close, its there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3vkCmRnR88

hskwarrior
12-02-2007, 05:46 AM
also, i feel the need to set this up......

Prior to Chan Ngau Sing, the only other existing lineages that i know of are Yuen Hai's, Lui Chun's, and Lee Yan's in singapore.

all three of these sifu's were the first 3 original students. their gung fu is going to look different to that of when Chan Ngau Sing took over. It's been passed down the under Chan Ngau Sing fut san hsk took on a whole new flavor.

so alot of our stuff will look different to those of his direct lineage.

kinda how doc fai wong learned lau bun's clf one way, then after lau bun passed away, doc fai wong had to learn lau bun's clf the way his senior Jew Leong had learned it. Jew leong had been with Lau Bun since 1941