PDA

View Full Version : Anus Lifting

olkat314
01-25-2001, 04:39 PM
Couple of questions regarding this practice:

1) What purpose does anus lifting (or rather, Huiyin cavity) have?
2) In what cases or practices should one do it?
3) Should breathe in be a lift, and a breathe out a relax?

All information, within and beyond the scope of the above questions are appreciated.

Tak

Qiman
01-25-2001, 07:37 PM
This is what I have been taught: The squeeze is on the inhale. Relax the huiyin as you exhale. I was taught to do this while doing standing post and the sifu only said "It makes you strong" I practice a type of Microcosmic orbit that teaches to squeeze on the inhale to push the chi up the back and over the crown of the head. The chi then runs down the front as I exhale. Another theory that I have heard is to squeeze the huiyin to force the jing out of the genital area. This is part of the seminal fluid retention practice. Much has been said about this in the past on this forum so look in the archived posts if they are available now. I know people who practice this but I do not so that is all I will say.

passingthru
02-09-2001, 06:15 AM
began pretty much by teaching myself when I was without a teacher for a time. I have since left T'ai Chi and am studying something else and learning new ways which are building on the couple of things I did for myself.
I began with trying to understand the concept of reverse breathing. I am under the impression that it entails anal lifting and slight abdominal pulling in on the inhale, during which time energy goes up the back to top of head. Relaxation during exhale, when energy goes down front of body. I found that the slight lifting aided in sending the energy on its way. Over time, the mind plays a bigger role in this, and the movement became, for me, much more subtle. Before I learned how to do this, I felt that I was leaking energy. I couldn't store it. Quite some time ago, so I can't remember how that felt. Can't say I completely understand the dynamics of why that would happen or how a slight contraction at the right time would take care of it.
I also do another simple breathing pattern when I'm tired. I inhale with a relaxed tummy, bringing energy up the front and to top of head. Exhale entails slight abdominal contraction and then lifting. The lifting feels like it's pulling the energy down. I generally do this when I need to cool off. :)

joedoe
02-18-2001, 05:49 AM
I thought anus lifting was illegal in most states in America :).