PDA

View Full Version : Ground Proofing DVD

Three Harmonies
12-02-2007, 09:53 AM
Tim Cartmell's latest DVD project is finally available; Ground Proofing. An excellent DVD I just watched covering all the basics of real world self defense ground survival for non-grapplers/ground fighters. The DVD is geard towards those who do not know any ground skills, nor train it. Basic falling; protection; basic escapes from certain positions (mount, side control, scarf hold etc.); and a ton of other info can be found on the DVD.
Tim has stated that it is his intention to produce something that anyone can learn from and take away basic skills in order to protect themselves when they get thrown to the ground, trip or fall, or however they may end on the ground in an actual fight. No fancy submissions here, just plain simple basics of survival. I HIGHLY recommend this DVD to any and folks who THINK they will NEVER get taken down and have to fight on the ground! I also recommend this DVD for coaches of all arts as an organized syllabus on how to teach ground fighting to non-grapplers that may come to their schools, but don't want to train BJJ/Sambo/Judo.
Here is a teaser http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N-S37qLR6k
The DVD should be up on Tim's site within the week www.shenwu.com

Cheers, and enjoy
Jake B.

Oso
12-05-2007, 04:00 PM
crossposter!

lkfmdc
12-05-2007, 04:25 PM
it's like Deja Vu all over again :p