PDA

View Full Version : cold and headache remedies available?

o
01-30-2001, 04:36 AM
Are there any qigong or meditative techniques that get rid of colds? headaches?

fiercest tiger
01-31-2001, 02:49 AM
that for head aches and migranes, a few slices od ginger and a couple of slices of chicken in a pot of water, boil for about 1 hr, then simmer for about 1 more hr.

give it a try and let me know! ;)

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

o
01-31-2001, 03:28 AM
I was thinking of something more in the lines of a qigong or meditative technique. Besides, I don't eat meat.

GLW
01-31-2001, 04:37 PM
Try massaging the Hu Go point on your hand for a headache. That point is between the thumb and forefinger about the distance of your first knuckle on the thumb back. It is a little deep there but when you hit it, you will know. If you have a headache, you will often find that this point on one or both hands is quite sensitive. MAssage it for 5 or 10 minutes to help a headache.

For fever, there is a point to the inside of the arm by the elbow. If you bend your arm, touch the inner corner of the forearm bone...not the elbow itself, and then move in toward the body between 1 and 2 lengths of the first joint of the index finger, press deeply, you will find a point. This point is typically used in acupuncture for fever disorders and helps in breaking a fever.

J
02-01-2001, 09:05 AM
Good one fiercest tiger.

No meat. Here's two for colds.

1) Make ginger tea. Cut slices of ginger and boil in water. Place in a cup and add some royal honey to sweeten the tea (not too much, just make the tea more bearable).

2) Cut ginger into slices. Place ginger into royal honey in a enclosed container such as the honey jar or jam jar. The honey will become less viscous (more like water). Drink a couple of tablespoons, twice a day. It's amazing how quickly it breaks down the honey.

Chinese twist: do not use metal.

Good luck,
J

o
02-20-2001, 05:56 AM
It works! I got a headache so I massaged the Hu Go spot on my hand for 10 minutes as you suggested and immediately afterwards the headache pain had mostly vanished. An hour later, it completely disappeared. Just thought I'd let you know.

Oh yeah, I recommend the technique to anyone who gets a headache.