PDA

View Full Version : Shaolin Secrets?

wutangforever
12-04-2007, 05:55 AM
Anyone know if http://www.shaolinsecrets.com/ is worth the large price they charge?

Thanks,

Ben

oasis
12-04-2007, 07:52 AM
not at all. the best thing you can do is to do just train hard under your teacher. books can definitely give you important insights but unless constantly drilled under supervision the yield of skill gained can be minimal.

save your money, and eventually i'll let you look borrow my shaolin encyclopedia (http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49091). I just have to get them out of a box.

i find videos more enjoyable and useful since you can actually see the techniques demonstrated, something not available years ago when all you had was stick figure diagrams in a book.

David Jamieson
12-04-2007, 10:41 AM
2 things:

1. there are no secrets

2. read my sig

:)

NJM
12-04-2007, 10:57 AM
Anyone know if http://www.shaolinsecrets.com/ is worth the large price they charge?

Thanks,

Ben

It's a scam.

Pk_StyLeZ
12-04-2007, 12:56 PM
of course there are shaolin secret
but it isnt out there
if it is out there, then it isnt a secret anymore......

quddha
12-04-2007, 02:09 PM
Any site that uses language like that is a scam.... the secret to growing your *****, rock hard abs, increasing your vertical jump by 12 inches, etc.

"Professor Charles Mattera being presented the ancient box that contains the Secrets of the Shaolin Temple from the 33rd Head Abbot of the Shaolin Temple, Shi Yun Shin. "

HAHA that picture is sooo photoshopped.

"The Professor agreed, both humbled and honored with the request. In an ultra-secret meeting, the Professor demonstrated his skills and mastery of the Shaolin Arts for the Head Abbot and his top Warrior Monks."

not only was the meeting secret.. it iwas ULTRA secret.

"The Head Abbot of the Shaolin Temple adopted the Professor as a son, gave him a Chinese name and made him an Official Disciple of the Shaolin Temple!"

So.. what IS this Chinese name? Besides, we all know Shi Yong Xin doesn't practice martial arts.

SenseiShellie
12-04-2007, 03:13 PM
Any site that uses language like that is a scam.... the secret to growing your *****, rock hard abs, increasing your vertical jump by 12 inches, etc.

"Professor Charles Mattera being presented the ancient box that contains the Secrets of the Shaolin Temple from the 33rd Head Abbot of the Shaolin Temple, Shi Yun Shin. "

HAHA that picture is sooo photoshopped.

"The Professor agreed, both humbled and honored with the request. In an ultra-secret meeting, the Professor demonstrated his skills and mastery of the Shaolin Arts for the Head Abbot and his top Warrior Monks."

not only was the meeting secret.. it iwas ULTRA secret.

"The Head Abbot of the Shaolin Temple adopted the Professor as a son, gave him a Chinese name and made him an Official Disciple of the Shaolin Temple!"

So.. what IS this Chinese name? Besides, we all know Shi Yong Xin doesn't practice martial arts.

Ok...as much as I think the book is not worth the money, I will say that none of the pictures were photoshopped. I have friends that were there and saw the manuscripts handed to Mr. Mattera. It is a USSD thing though..so, take that for what it's worth.

wutangforever
12-04-2007, 04:38 PM
I figured you guys would respond like this. Thanks for the insight -- I'll just train harder with Shi Yan Ju and his disciple (and Oasis when we meet up!)

NJM
12-04-2007, 06:26 PM
I figured you guys would respond like this. Thanks for the insight -- I'll just train harder with Shi Yan Ju and his disciple (and Oasis when we meet up!)

I know someone who bought the shaolin secrets, they turned out to be a longer version of the consummate arts book, and even more vague. Do not want.

GeneChing
10-01-2018, 07:43 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmkdYKm0Fxs

David Jamieson
10-02-2018, 05:07 AM
One of the Shaolin "secrets" is the progression method.

Slow, steady progression yields good results, suppleness and power that cannot be gained and maintained through rapid hard work, which only "uses up" the energies and the flesh.

There are a lot of people in martial arts and sports in general who don't or won't recognize this because they desire results in the short term. Slow and steady will keep you supple and limber well into your old age. That's a shaolin thing.