PDA

View Full Version : i had this crazy dream last night

hskwarrior
12-05-2007, 08:17 AM
well, check this dream out....happened last night. but still has me kinda tripping cause it made me really think what would i really do? Then within my dream my fighter nature come thru then i woke up.

Anyways, i had this dream where this dude and i were in this apartment. for whatever reason, we start arguing he swings and i clock him in his jaw. this guy knew he lost so he left.

a few minutes later, he comes back and is walking down my hallway ****ing a big ol gun. i run into my room and into my closet out of fear of being shot. i only had miliseconds to make a decision. i paced like 2 or 3 steps and made the last ditch decision, it was either do or die. So i ran out of the closet and into the hall way where the dude tried to raise his gun, i grabbed it and intended to turn it away from me while i wrestle the guy down.

The miliseconds i stood in the closet was messed up because i didn't have any time to look for something to aid me in this fight. So it was like EFF IT! either i get him or he kills me.

But then i woke up.

this dream kinda shook me up, never had one like that or have been put in a position like the one described.

If you guys were in this type of situation in real life, WTF would you do? would you try and fight the guy?

Drake
12-05-2007, 08:24 AM
Last night I dreamt I was part of a group holding up the last stronghold against the undead. Unfortunately, someone went nuts and opened up the gate and the zombies started flooding in.

MY team had to close the gate, but my role was scary. I had to actually go into a zombie infested area to turn this big lever. They were disgusting and decomposing, reaching out for me. I ducked and dodged, and managed to flip the lever, narrowly escaping through the closing secondary gate.

It was too late, though, and they were everywhere. I saw one guy get torn to shreds while me and the others were just trying to get out of the area. I slipped, and was hanging from a bridge while the zombies were massing just below me.

I woke up in a cold sweat at that time.

sanjuro_ronin
12-05-2007, 08:25 AM
Try to fight a guy with a gun?
Not high on my to do list !

Now, as with most of these cases, if one had ZERO choice but to do something other than run, well....

Control the line of fire, incapacitate the attacker.
And be prepared to get shot.

sanjuro_ronin
12-05-2007, 08:26 AM
I think its time you had a better type of dream, allow me to help:

hskwarrior
12-05-2007, 08:37 AM
oh yeah baby, come to daddy!!!!!

i'll be back folks, me and my new DREAM will be gone for the next few hours. ;)

hskwarrior
12-05-2007, 08:41 AM
seriously, i would never sit still and just LET someone shoot me.

it's been proven by police that a person is actually shocked that you are fighting back, which allows you a better chance to live.

SORRY, i just COULDN'T let someone shoot me. he's gonna have to work for it.

in my opinion, you have a 50/50 chance of surviving if you fight back. BUT you have 100 % chance of dying if you just let him take your life.

sanjuro_ronin
12-05-2007, 08:47 AM
seriously, i would never sit still and just LET someone shoot me.

it's been proven by police that a person is actually shocked that you are fighting back, which allows you a better chance to live.

SORRY, i just COULDN'T let someone shoot me. he's gonna have to work for it.

in my opinion, you have a 50/50 chance of surviving if you fight back. BUT you have 100 % chance of dying if you just let him take your life.

well, that goes without saying.
If one can avoid dealing with a firearm, that is always the first choice, but sometimes we don't have choices...

Never been shot, though I have come close a few times, but I know 3 people that were shot and survived, one of them was shot 3 times and didn't even realize it until later ( small caliber handgun).
Adrenaline does alot, but I wouldn't put my faith in it.
Its just to easy to get incapacitated ( and killed) going up against a gun, but if you have no choice then you have nothing to lose.

hskwarrior
12-05-2007, 08:53 AM
well, yeah, but you have to realize if dying by being SHOT isn't your way to go, then sorry, you'll be around for a while.

i remember a case where this woman was stabbed like 100 x's and ran over backwards and forwards like 5 x's and she still survived.

but then, you watch all of these shocking video's and see a gun shot can take you out for good. just one shot.

but yes, adrenaline can disguise you being shot. my sifu knew two, one who got shot in the stomach and the other on the foot. both didn't know they were shot until later.

oh, my student once got stabbed in the arm pit by a guy trying to steal a tv from his job. he thought he just got punched hard. but it turns out that the knive.....for give spelling, so i'll sound it out....LOL philayed .....i know its filet......but yeah! it philayed his artery and he almost died.

my student almost died, but he said he never knew he got stabbed until he sat down.

sanjuro_ronin
12-05-2007, 09:04 AM
Arm pit is a horrible place to get stabbed.

hskwarrior
12-05-2007, 09:06 AM
yeah it left him numb in some parts of his arm, and his finger tips.

but the strange thing was the artery was sliced, but filet'd!

sanjuro_ronin
12-05-2007, 09:09 AM
yeah it left him numb in some parts of his arm, and his finger tips.

but the strange thing was the artery was sliced, but filet'd!

Not sure what you mean by "Filleted"...like you fillet a fish ?

hskwarrior
12-05-2007, 09:11 AM
yeah.....

imagine just to top part of the tube of your artery was cut out.

like it left a big hole in his artery.

sanjuro_ronin
12-05-2007, 09:21 AM
yeah.....

imagine just to top part of the tube of your artery was cut out.

like it left a big hole in his artery.

he was lucky.

hskwarrior
12-05-2007, 09:27 AM
yeah, he was just the first of my students i thought were killed in combat.

the other was attacked with screw drivers and knives.

sanjuro_ronin
12-05-2007, 09:38 AM
I remember a bouncer at one of the clubs I worked at getting his face all "cut up" in a fight, we found out later the guy had used his car keys protruding form his fist, of course had it been a push dagger it would have been much worse.

Mano Mano
12-05-2007, 01:52 PM
well, check this dream out....happened last night. but still has me kinda tripping cause it made me really think what would i really do? Then within my dream my fighter nature come thru then i woke up.

Anyways, i had this dream where this dude and i were in this apartment. for whatever reason, we start arguing he swings and i clock him in his jaw. this guy knew he lost so he left.

a few minutes later, he comes back and is walking down my hallway ****ing a big ol gun. i run into my room and into my closet out of fear of being shot. i only had miliseconds to make a decision. i paced like 2 or 3 steps and made the last ditch decision, it was either do or die. So i ran out of the closet and into the hall way where the dude tried to raise his gun, i grabbed it and intended to turn it away from me while i wrestle the guy down.

The miliseconds i stood in the closet was messed up because i didn't have any time to look for something to aid me in this fight. So it was like EFF IT! either i get him or he kills me.

But then i woke up.

this dream kinda shook me up, never had one like that or have been put in a position like the one described.

If you guys were in this type of situation in real life, WTF would you do? would you try and fight the guy?
Never had a dream about someone wanting to shoot me, but had some pretty realistic dreams. I think your dream is telling you more about yourself than you realise.
In the 1st part of the dream you acted in self defence, in the second part you reacted to basic human nature for self survival in the face of a greater danger, in the third part you realised that seeking cover wasn’t enough for the situation you had to act to give yourself a greater chance of survival.
People should take notice of there dreams more often.

CLFNole
12-05-2007, 02:09 PM
I think the dream is telling you one thing:

"FRANK, YOU NEED TO MOVE AND FAST!!!" :D

bakxierboxer
12-06-2007, 11:00 PM
well, check this dream out.... i run into my room and into my closet out of fear of being shot.....

The miliseconds i stood in the closet was messed up........

Like the last poster said, perhaps you need to move.... and

CUT IT OUT WITH THE D*MNED CLOSETS!

syn
12-06-2007, 11:15 PM
I had a dream alot like this last night. For some reason I ****ed off a mafia boss, so he came directly to my house his son drives him in an SUV. But I saw him walking up to my house so I was prepared (mentally) and when he came in we got into a a fight and he pulled out a six shooter, and I got it away from him and somehow did something to disable him or something. And then I kept telling how I was going to pistol wip his nose in and that I didn't want because it's be so gross and painful but that I just had to, but whenever it came time to, I just couldn't, so I let him go.