PDA

View Full Version : Shoot In My Home Town

Shadow Skill
12-05-2007, 04:50 PM
If you havn't seen CNN today, someone walks into the Westroads Mall here in omaha and opes fire killing 8 people.
made me think I usually go to this mall inbetween jobs to kill some time today I didn't go to my first job because my car was acting up. I'm normaly leaving when the incident happened.
what would have happened if I was there.
My prayers to all the families who lost loved ones today.

Mas Judt
12-05-2007, 05:11 PM
You aren't creating an alibi now are you??

Shadow Skill
12-05-2007, 05:58 PM
You aren't creating an alibi now are you??

LOL, The shooter was an 18 yr old. he shot himself last

diego
12-05-2007, 07:27 PM
LOL, The shooter was an 18 yr old. he shot himself last

i saw the headline when i logged online and decided to not read it...thanks:)

i remember when i was 14 i was eating at the food court and we heard shouting...:) my stupid friend beind curious runs toward the noise...right as he leaves the food court and hits the mall intersection two shotgun blasts go off and all i see is my buddy jump for the floor...i shook my head like stupid why did you look, grabbed my burger and ran.

oddly enough we were partying at the sandflats a week or so later and i took a **** and saw two guys in suits combing the beach at 6 inthe morning leaving me all like wtf...they dug in a pipe and pulled out the shotgun and told me it was the one from the diamond heist at capilano mall a week prior...

Black Jack II
12-05-2007, 07:40 PM
Freaky,

I am heading out to your next of the woods this upcoming week for a national business meeting. Show's you how fubar the world can really be.

Sad.

Shadow Skill
12-05-2007, 08:18 PM
The shooter was actually 19, and was upset because he was fired from a Mcdonald's. total of 9 dead, including the shooter. 2 more in hospital, one of which is in his 60's and in critical condition.

RFM
12-06-2007, 02:09 PM
Brushes with near death or even being in the same vicinity is a sobering moment. I was in the Twin Cities, on my way back to Kansas when that bridge collapsed, a bridge I usually take home, but I had a little detour in my plans and went home a slightly different route - but my family and I could've been there....but closer yet, when I was in Iraq, I was out in my back area getting ready to enjoy a fine cigar when we took mortar fire. The rounds were coming close to my area (a first, usually they landed further away) and I could see where they were landing, so I jump up and start over to my Humvee to radio up a report when I hear somthing ****z through the trees and hit the side of my building and landed on the ground about 25 ft from my cigar smoking position moments earlier. The object was a dud 60mm mortar, had it gone off while I was smoking - I'd be dead, if it gone off while I was on the radio in my vehicle, I'd be simply messed up.

Sobering it was.

Bob

RD'S Alias - 1A
12-06-2007, 02:14 PM
I have had several near death experiences. Only the first one really shook me up. After that a miss of an inch is the same as a mile to me.

Lucas
12-06-2007, 02:34 PM
I have had several near death experiences. Only the first one really shook me up. After that a miss of an inch is the same as a mile to me.

Wimminz problems dont count RD.

RD'S Alias - 1A
12-06-2007, 02:36 PM
LOL!!! :p

Oso
12-06-2007, 03:46 PM
****'s getting crazier and crazier. I hate it for the families of the dead and injured and for the family of the shooter.

that being said, the *****iest thing about these mall/school shooter types is they off themselves afterwards thus escaping from judgement and retribution.

Asheville is a small city so our crap isn't as big as larger metro areas but we've had a large rise in gang/drug related crime resulting and a dozen or so shootings this year with 8 deaths because of them.

The last, this past Monday, was a mile from my house, on the road I drive on every day. An 18 year old shot a 14 year old and killed him. The 18 year old was arrested on separate charges of maintaining a residence for the sale and use of drugs and was then connected to the shooting and charged.

I started gun shopping today. Probably just a Mossberg for the house for now but will soon get my concealed carry and start carrying a pistol again. :(

RFM
12-07-2007, 08:15 AM
Not to get off subject too much, but for home defense (other than having good kung fu!) I do not recommend guns (though I have several) unless you live in a fairly rural area like I do. I am big on dogs for home defense, train them to do what you want and when.

I used to have a somewhat unpredictable border collie. Someone came visiting and asked, "does your dog bite?" I honestly answered, "I don't know. Won't know for sure until you come closer." at which point I got a hold of my do just in case. Long story short, he had "attacked" a couple people too many and we decided to put him down. Very sad, he was old however which played part in his behavior. When I had him, the house stayed unlocked most of the time. Not so anymore.

Anyways. A good dog and not like the one I have now which is a beautiful black lab - greatest disposition, love her to death, but she sucks as home defense. Everyone is her friend!

Bob

Oso
12-07-2007, 11:08 AM
got a dog, 90 pound black lab. he's unpredictable as well but generally a good disposition. Anyone with a peanut butter cup can win him over though.