PDA

View Full Version : Lam ga hung kuen

Hung gar
12-05-2007, 08:03 PM
Lam ga hung kuen, this i a great video;)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb-NpWh-FZk&locale=en_US&persist_locale=1

doug maverick
12-05-2007, 08:25 PM
under your handle it says heavan and earth association you do know that, that is still a very active triad right? maybe you shouldn't have that under your handle.

Hung gar
12-05-2007, 08:40 PM
Yes i saw that on history international, I have it because under that association hung ga was born.

omarthefish
12-05-2007, 09:14 PM
Holy crap dude!

Where did you get that video? I have photocopies of photos of Sifu's performance back in the day but I had no idea there was some 35mm out there on it flowting around.

For me this is pure gold.

Amazing stuff.

Thanks.

Hung gar
12-05-2007, 09:17 PM
Can you post the pics

omarthefish
12-05-2007, 11:33 PM
I'd have to scan them first. I'll see if I can borrow one. What I have is pretty blurry though. Remember "xerox copies"?

doug maverick
12-06-2007, 12:26 AM
Yes i saw that on history international, I have it because under that association hung ga was born.

Hung ga wasn't born under this association. it thrived under thou and actually you seem to practice wong fei hung lineage hung ga which is regularly not associated with any type of sect or organizations. although wong fei hung was a part of a few failed uprisings and aided dr. sun yat sen.

Tai-Lik
12-06-2007, 08:51 AM
Hung Gar

Thanks for the video. The Lam Ga is excellent!

Was someone doing the one of the Jow Ga (jau Ga) woo dip do in the clip?

best
Tai Lik

Golden Arms
12-06-2007, 11:11 AM
Cool to see that. I had seen YC Wong doing his portion of that previously, but not some of the other parts of the clip. Hung is Hung, it doesn't fall too far from the tree generally :)

PM
12-07-2007, 01:21 AM
Hung Gar

Thanks for the video. The Lam Ga is excellent!

Was someone doing the one of the Jow Ga (jau Ga) woo dip do in the clip?

best
Tai Lik

yes, Jau ga wu dip seung dou, performed by Lam Chun Chung (Lam Janjung) sifu, son of Grandmaster Lam Jou.

do you play the knives in a similar fashion?

all the best

Tai-Lik
12-07-2007, 07:07 AM
yes, Jau ga wu dip seung dou, performed by Lam Chun Chung (Lam Janjung) sifu, son of Grandmaster Lam Jou.

do you play the knives in a similar fashion?

all the best

Hey Pm,

yes we have one version which is similar. do you know how it was adopted by Lam Ga?

PM
12-07-2007, 10:00 AM
yes, if i remember it correctly, grandmaster Lam Jou had a student, who was a student of Jau Lung - he learned from him the knives. i would love to see the Jau ga origina lversion on the video - if you have any, please post it!

all the best Tailik!

Tai-Lik
12-07-2007, 12:51 PM
yes, if i remember it correctly, grandmaster Lam Jou had a student, who was a student of Jau Lung - he learned from him the knives. i would love to see the Jau ga origina lversion on the video - if you have any, please post it!

all the best Tailik!

Hey PM, i'll be glad to show you in person after we visit U Zlatého Stromu :D

best regards
Tai Lik

PM
12-07-2007, 01:05 PM
no kidding! are you planning to come to Prague? that would be GREAT! :-)

Tai-Lik
12-08-2007, 05:11 AM
no kidding! are you planning to come to Prague? that would be GREAT! :-)

well my students in Poland have mentioned taking me to visit Prague since it is so beautiful :) i'm in Cracow every year. i'll probably visit year sometime 2008, but i'm not sure since my students will be coming here next year for our next tournament. It would be our honor if you allowed us to visit you some time.

best
Tai Lik