PDA

View Full Version : Wong Kiew Kit doing genuine Shaolin?

Keboh
12-07-2007, 03:20 PM
Anyone know if this guy is genuine?

http://www.shaolin-wahnam.org/

Claims to be teaching "Southern Shaolin" ..... but doesn't appear to give an actual style name (like Hung Gar or anything else).

Isn't "Southern Shaolin" a bit vague?

He's very big into Cosmic Power ... whatever that is.

doug maverick
12-07-2007, 04:01 PM
wow there's a name i haven't heard in a long time wong kew kits been around for a while. weather he's fake or not i guess is a matter of opinion.

B-Rad
12-07-2007, 10:50 PM
I thought his southern shaolin was Hung Gar... but I'm not really sure. I don't know much about his actual martial arts background, but there's certain things about him and his students that are baloney imo. Like the moving clouds with chi, healing cancer from a distance, spontaneously learning new unrelated styles through qigong, and so on. He might have some good knowledge in there, but encountering so much of that kind of stuff mostly killed my interest in his material.

doug maverick
12-07-2007, 11:21 PM
I thought his southern shaolin was Hung Gar... but I'm not really sure. I don't know much about his actual martial arts background, but there's certain things about him and his students that are baloney imo. Like the moving clouds with chi, healing cancer from a distance, spontaneously learning new unrelated styles through qigong, and so on. He might have some good knowledge in there, but encountering so much of that kind of stuff mostly killed my interest in his material.

yeah thats why i said its a matter of opinion what he knows is good. but he puts alot of bull**** in the mix.

ittokaos
12-08-2007, 01:44 PM
Well I dont think that anything he says is bull*** I just think that he just has a different way of explaining things. He talks about chi and stuff but everyone has different explanations of what chi is.

As far as genuine shaolin, he does hung gar. I think that there is more to his curriculum then just that but southern shaolin should have given it away. Also, check his stuff on youtube, he does a lot of hung gar sets on there.

I for one like his books and find them very informative. He tends to go very in depth in what he knows and is not afraid to say what he believes regardless of how weird people believe it is. Besides, whose to say he cant do the things that he claims that he can? I for one wont say that he cant because I havent seen it.

I hope this helps,

WF

B-Rad
12-08-2007, 06:47 PM
Basically, what it comes down to is that if you believe chi can give you special magic like powers then you'll probably like his material. If you don't, you probably won't.

doug maverick
12-08-2007, 06:57 PM
yeah i think his hung gar is not of the wong fei hung line.

B-Rad
12-08-2007, 10:18 PM
Here's his Tiger-Crane form:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb9XSsb76L0