PDA

View Full Version : New Year resolution 2008

SPJ
12-10-2007, 01:03 PM
every one is going to watch olympic 2008.

we will be watching the wushu programs held at the same time.

where CMA would go after the fan fare or glamor of hosting olympics?

for me

1. continue to write articles or a book in 2008.

http://www.amazon.com/Treasure-Book-Chinese-Martial-Arts/dp/1425785719/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1197316178&sr=1-5

a link to a book I put out this year.

2. continue to compile short practice sets.

3.--

--

what would be yours?

:D

SPJ
12-10-2007, 01:13 PM
some stuff important in 2007

1. lion club book store in taiwan opened up a digital library for CMA

you may read all the books on the line.

2. amazon rolled out kindle e-book reader,

you may read newspaper, magazine or any book anytime any where.

--

wow, I am still used to read stuff printed on papers.

--

what stuff you think are important in 2007?

SPJ
12-10-2007, 02:14 PM
http://www.lionbooks.com.tw/Catalog01.aspx?Class2ID=10

all the e download or reading on line at the fraction of the cost that you would pay for the books.

--

:)

SPJ
12-12-2007, 03:48 PM
I have piles and piles of books and magazines (including kung fu tai chi and inside kung fu) and journals in the garage.

imagine that everything is saved on disk.

a dvd or a flash drive containing all the books.

we dun have to cut down many trees for paper.

it is a greener way to do it.

wow to e-book and kindle.

--

Takuan
12-12-2007, 07:53 PM
Hmm.

1. I want to continue bulking, I've put on about 40 lb of muscle in the last 6 months. Currently 6'4" 199 Lb ~%11bf

2. I'm hoping to absolutely destroy next semester's classes. (Just changed to Kinesiology from Engineering)

3. Work more drills for combat applications. I.e. takedowns, submissions, etc. And also be able to work more striking.

Lama Pai Sifu
12-12-2007, 08:05 PM
Hmm.

1. I want to continue bulking, I've put on about 40 lb of muscle in the last 6 months. Currently 6'4" 199 Lb ~%11bf

How is that possible? And are you telling us that you were 159lbs. 6 months ago, at 6'4"? Dude, that's anorexic!

If you even put on anywhere close to those gains, even 20lbs., are you saying you did this without the use of drugs?

Before you answer - THERE IS NO WAY ON THE PLANET THAT IS CURRENTLY KNOWN THAT CAN DO WHAT YOU SUGGESTED YOU DID. Unless of course you're on the 'roids. If you could do that naturally, you'd be a billionaire. You could market your system and single handedly kill the supplement world and the steriod world.

wutangforever
12-12-2007, 08:53 PM
Maybe he put on 40 lbs of muscle while losing some bodyfat? Then he wasn't necessarily 159...

Lama Pai Sifu
12-12-2007, 09:17 PM
Doesn't matter, 40lbs. of muscle???? I don't care if he weighed two tons, he's not putting on 40lbs. of muscle in 6 months. Either he is;

1. Lying
2. Incorrect
3. Taking illegal steriods
4. All of the above

40lbs of muscle is like adding a woman's leg to your body...not happening naturally.

BruceSteveRoy
12-12-2007, 09:47 PM
i decided to make new years resolutions and started them over the past couple months.

1.) train for a triathlon. i will be doing an olympic length tri in april. i need to raise $4200 dollars to compete and that money will go to the leukemia lymphoma society to help fund research for treatments and hopefully one day a cure. anyone that has 'donate money to a worth while charity' on their new years resolution list should PM me. :D (if nothing else you can write it off on your taxes)

2) weight train. i have lifted on and off before but never got a routine and stuck with it. now i have a plan and i am doing it regularly and so far loving it.

3) be more consistent with my BJJ classes. i injured my spine and didnt go for like a month and then i went back for two classes and then missed a couple weeks for no good reason. anyway its been hard to get back into my rhythm but i have been going lately and am having fun even though the workout is kicking my ass.