PDA

View Full Version : Alan Orr student Pro MMA vid: Full official footage

aaron baum
12-13-2007, 03:22 AM
hi guys...

as my friend was so hurt by your comments about his poor filming!!! LOL...ive got the full footage at last and lit in a way so you can actually see what happened...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfgbkOjsstQ

im fighting this sunday and will let you know the outcome etc and any footage i have....by the way neil is filming it again..dear god....

hope this helps...

best

aaron

Dan_chi_sau
12-13-2007, 04:32 AM
aaron,
well done mate, and good luck for sunday.

Dan Robinson.

Phil Redmond
12-13-2007, 06:41 AM
Aaron, you know I'm sending that trash talking dude this clip. :D:D:D
Phil

couch
12-13-2007, 06:57 AM
hi guys...

as my friend was so hurt by your comments about his poor filming!!! LOL...ive got the full footage at last and lit in a way so you can actually see what happened...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfgbkOjsstQ

im fighting this sunday and will let you know the outcome etc and any footage i have....by the way neil is filming it again..dear god....

hope this helps...

best

aaron

The best is that the crowd was really reeling for the other guy. Ha! Good on ya!

Best,
Kenton Sefcik

sanjuro_ronin
12-13-2007, 07:15 AM
The stand up striking skills of both left much to be desired, but a good match.
Congrats.

Dan_chi_sau
12-13-2007, 03:26 PM
The best is that the crowd was really reeling for the other guy. Ha! Good on ya!

Best,
Kenton Sefcik

yeah, i enjoyed that too.

Big Vern
12-22-2007, 01:06 PM
Nothing like a winning guillotine, nice arm bar attempt.
Your opponent seemed a little off a descent fitness level.
Nice one and congrats.
BV>

aaron baum
12-23-2007, 11:04 AM
cheers vern...i caught him with a couple of short shots that hurt him a little that are hard to see and then i think the guilltoine attempts tired him...but the 3 body shots from reverse mount were the fight enders...that floating rib just asked me to hit it...

i fought on sunday up north and it ended a draw...tough bout...ill post what sifu wrote about it as im too lazy to do it myself!!

"Great fight between Aaron Baum and Paul Cooke

[I]He got a Draw, but he really won the fight in my mind. ( I would say that, I know) It was a full on war so we where happy to see both of these fighters share the hounor in the end! Paul cooke is one tough SOB and it was a honor for Aaron to fight another true warrior! The fight was full on!

First round was even on the stand up, both giving and taking shots. His opponent got a takedown and they worked hard of the ground. Aaron put on a triangle for a minute or so then armbar which the opponent muscled out of after some time. Tough to score these type of rounds. Do you give it for the takedown and being on top in guard, but will no subbmission attemps or do you give it for the Triangle and armbar attacks whichwhere on for 2 mins or so? Even maybe. The opponent got the round. Which in a home crowd is understandable as it was close.

Second round Aaron new he had to control or finish the fight. Both worked hard in the clinch, this time Aaron took this opponent down and worked his top game and took the opponents back and tried to finsh withthe choke. The opponent was very tough and defended well. Aaron held the guys back for 2-3 minutes before the fight ended.Both fighter where not going to give up at all. They set a full on pace and it must have been the fight of the night.The crowd where on their feet and coming closer and closer to the ring. It would have been hard to get out if they gave Aaron the win!

SO all in all a great fight, with an very tough opponent. Much respect to both guys.The crowd where happy with the draw and after such a tough fight both fighters where happy to get to the bar!"

i went through the same sequence of sub attempts as the last fight you saw...traingle, armbar, he rolls out etc...its the last 10% of the technique thats the hardest to do cleanly and its this last % that makes it work with no escape...i keep finding that out...pain in the arse! its all in the details i am finding out...you cant give anyone a window to escape through...you push the arm through, hook your legs, pull the head down, pivot, do all the hard stuff and then because you dont bend your legs, his off and away and pounding you..

concerning the crowd, yeah they were nuts and when i watch the video back it does make me laugh, nothing like going away and doing it in their home town! but it teaches you so much about pressure, performing in front of people etc...the fight last weekend was in the same place but with one of their top boys...the crowd was even more mental...it taught me even more this time...a number of factors threw me this time and i had to adpat more so in this fight than any before....the biggest was the fact that the ring was like an ice rink due to being last on and dust and sweat buildup etc...it was horrible..slippery as f!$$k...

which brings me to a question...how much does the surface your fighting on make to how you can fight...a ring is much more bouncy and slippery than people think i feel, its made for boxing bouts in general and they wear boots which give you much more grip...ive found fights are a lot more mobile and fluid, with the body structure raised slightly in the ring than when we fight with trainers on etc, you dont seem to be able to get that bite into the floor..just a thought...

happy xmas

aaron